Question 5guc on TMobile

Search This thread

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
just switched to TMobile. Using esim. Was on Verizon forever, but they got really bad, cut offs, poor service, lost towers with power failures... Then they wouldn't let me use my unlocked phone for full features, always said generic android. Anyway, in my area Tmobile says its 5guc. My indicator only says 5g. Anyone in a 5guc area getting the correct symbol?

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
just switched to TMobile. Using esim. Was on Verizon forever, but they got really bad, cut offs, poor service, lost towers with power failures... Then they wouldn't let me use my unlocked phone for full features, always said generic android. Anyway, in my area Tmobile says its 5guc. My indicator only says 5g. Anyone in a 5guc area getting the correct symbol?
My previous phone was a Pixel 6 Pro. It showed the 5GUC symbol while I was at home. My new Flip4 just shows 5G. I have no idea if it's labeling or if I only get 5G.
Do some people get the 5GUC symbol?

mt2020

Sep 13, 2009
Yes, if Ultra Capacity is available you will get it, but whether you are on 5g Extended (5g) or 5gUC the symbol remains the same. Only way to tell is testing internet speed. 5g not that much slower than 5guc, but yea, we all want what we pay for . Just switched to TMobile, was with Verizon since the beginning of cell phones, they have really slipped. I know get 5g in places Verizon barely covers in lte

Reactions: Matterhorn
Thanks, so does that mean it's just the UC symbol thats missing or does my unlocked version not use that frequency?
I use unlocked Samsung devices, live in a 5GUC area and even though it's not showing the UC icon, I'm getting speeds (700+) that are not capable on anything but UC. I'm not concerned one bit.

Reactions: Matterhorn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Small update: The Sept update released yesterday fixes the icon issue, and Unlocked devices now show 5GUC when it's available.
    with the Flip4 & Fold4, T-Mobile purchased devices should see 5GUC. Unlocked devices simply see 5G
    Yes, if Ultra Capacity is available you will get it, but whether you are on 5g Extended (5g) or 5gUC the symbol remains the same. Only way to tell is testing internet speed. 5g not that much slower than 5guc, but yea, we all want what we pay for . Just switched to TMobile, was with Verizon since the beginning of cell phones, they have really slipped. I know get 5g in places Verizon barely covers in lte
    Thanks, so does that mean it's just the UC symbol thats missing or does my unlocked version not use that frequency?
    I use unlocked Samsung devices, live in a 5GUC area and even though it's not showing the UC icon, I'm getting speeds (700+) that are not capable on anything but UC. I'm not concerned one bit.