5T Case Recommendations

Search This thread

miky10

Dec 24, 2014
Catania
My maxku case protector is perfect to me:
-solid protection
-raised edge over display and camera
-compatible with official tgsp (no problems at the edges)
-access to volume slider perfect

foltambo

Jun 9, 2010
Cracow
Hi guys,

Help me which of the original cases should I choose? Sandstone, carbon or ebony wood? Did anyone have all of them and can compare? These are pricy in Europe so I will choose just one. Thanks!

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Hi guys,

Help me which of the original cases should I choose? Sandstone, carbon or ebony wood? Did anyone have all of them and can compare? These are pricy in Europe so I will choose just one. Thanks!

Just watch a few videos on the cases, you'll see the difference. The carbon and wood ones are bumper cases, meaning they cover all corners of the phone. The Sandstone case leaves the top and bottom exposed as well as all the buttons on the side, and it's a really light, slim case.

foltambo

Jun 9, 2010
Cracow
Just watch a few videos on the cases, you'll see the difference. The carbon and wood ones are bumper cases, meaning they cover all corners of the phone. The Sandstone case leaves the top and bottom exposed as well as all the buttons on the side, and it's a really light, slim case.

Thanks for that. I am aware of the differences between Protective Case and Bumber Case. I am asking rather about the subjective opinion. Which do you recommend? How do they feel in the hand?

ynrozturk

Oct 11, 2012
Istanbul
Thanks for that. I am aware of the differences between Protective Case and Bumber Case. I am asking rather about the subjective opinion. Which do you recommend? How do they feel in the hand?

Hah, yeah okay sorry for that. I personally like the Sandstone case because I don't like a lot of bulk, and it feels great, nice and grippy. The carbon case is also really nice and I usually use it when I go outside. That said, I don't go out much, so Sandstone it is. Not sure about the wood ones, never used them, but I hear they feel nice.

Reactions: MarlX

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
I got this one now and love it.
Extremely thin and perfect grip.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B078HY5WR4/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_Ce2zAbJSC1R5J

I usually don't ask for people to post pix of their cases, but, I've seen this one a lot from literally hundreds of sellers & the pic posted in the listing is just a poor render.

Any chance you can post some pics of it, both by itself & installed?

THX for the consideration. :good:

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
I usually don't ask for people to post pix of their cases, but, I've seen this one a lot from literally hundreds of sellers & the pic posted in the listing is just a poor render.

Any chance you can post some pics of it, both by itself & installed?

THX for the consideration. :good:
Impossible, this case is brand new. There is no other seller!
Had their last for my OP3t..
All similar cases do not have the special grip.

Last edited:

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
Impossible, this case is brand new. There is no other seller!
Had their last for my OP3t..
All similar cases do not have the special grip.
Take a look around eBay & you'll see countless sellers using the exact same rendering.

That is precisely why I asked if you could post some actual pics....

If you choose to, I'd appreciate it. :cowboy:

Last edited:

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Take a look around eBay & you'll see countless sellers using the exact same rendering.

That is precisely why I asked if you could post some actual pics....

If you choose to, I'd appreciate it. :cowboy:

I know what you mean... I'm 100% sure you mean this kind of rendering...
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0785J1X5Z/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_v35zAb8HXCPFT

I have that too, nice, but completely different grip and the one I posted above is thinner.
I don't have any other camera to make pictures, just my phone now...

Edit:
Left - the old case (all over the net, probably what you meant)
Right - new case, grip, thinner ( due to my light environment, the new right one looks a little bit dirty, kind of hairy....whatever, but it's not in reality
It's just nice black)

Attachments

• IMG_20180123_222525.jpg
    IMG_20180123_222525.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 992
  • compressjpeg.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIOSIS

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
I know what you mean... I'm 100% sure you mean this kind of rendering...
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0785J1X5Z/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_v35zAb8HXCPFT

I have that too, nice, but completely different grip and the one I posted above is thinner.
I don't have any other camera to make pictures, just my phone now...

That's cool, thanks for the link just the same, I may give it a go. I would like a case that is both slim & adds grip, it's worth the price of admission to find out if this is the case for me.

If you needed rationalization for getting another phone (or camera), now you have it........ :laugh:

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
That's cool, thanks for the link just the same, I may give it a go. I would like a case that is both slim & adds grip, it's worth the price of admission to find out if this is the case for me.

If you needed rationalization for getting another phone (or camera), now you have it........ :laugh:
:)
.... have already 4 devices, but I'm not at home..

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
:)
.... have already 4 devices, but I'm not at home..

Gotcha,I've paired down to two .
I'll get a 3rd to try out,if I anticipate I'll sell one of my existing phones.
Anyhooo.....FWIW,here's what I currently have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5T-Phone...423203&hash=item3d556e06a8:g:3YQAAOSwYxBaTCMD

It's OK,but,not a favorite by any stretch,it's the one I could get delivered the soonest after buying the phone (without paying ridiculous overnight shipping fees).

......................................... & here's a couple I have on the way,one each in Black & Red:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Oneplu...032341&hash=item3d53e1765c:g:mbUAAOSwFyhaPQ~t

These should deliver 1/26/18. If they're not to my liking,I'll probably order the one you posted/linked.

KOLIOSIS

Jan 17, 2011
As many of you have here,I contacted EvoLutive Labs (RhinoShield) regarding the possibility of a bumper for the OP5T.
To not much surprise,I got the same canned response as I have from other inquiries w/other phones,no immediate plans,but,to follow 'em on social media for the latest......
So,I ordered a couple of aluminum bumpers in the meantime:
https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-DAYJ...0+degree+Ring+Kickstand+for+OnePlus+5T(BLACK)

61Ds9Yt9E1L._SL1001_.jpg

Admittedly not on par w/RhinoShield & the kickstand/ring isn't needed,I'll drill it out as soon as I get it. All I'm wanting from this case is to be able to protect the camera bump while on its back.

Ditto w/this one as well:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Alu...hash=item3aeb01f816:m:mjYLSuTEnL0Ht8_Dxn29ZMA

s-l1600.jpg

Both have a rather distant delivery ETA(2-6 weeks),I'll post regarding if either interfere w/reception due to the aluminum construction..............

Reactions: CanitoLagos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploaded more pic when put to device.
    All port, button are accessible perfectly.
    So even if I didn't order a case from OnePlus, it does come with one?

Not sure if both models come with a case, but the 128 did. It's in the box where the Sim tool is
    Just got my Spigen rugged armor.

Micro review:
    Sturdy and strong
    Fits very tight with dbrand dragon skin (almost lost a couple of corners)
    OnePlus tempered glass installed it pushed up just a bit when I put the case on but I worked the air bubble out.
    The lip of the case is a bit above the surface of the glass except at top and bottom so laying face down it would probably touch ( not sure if it's the skin or the tempered glass that causes this)
    Cutouts are perfect
    Buttons are responsive and clicky just like they should be
    Here are some shots of my case!
    Get official flip one....you dont need to double tap or press power button for face unlock...lift the cover and magic !!
    Flip cases are cringe
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone