[6.0.1] [Alpha 3] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 by ProjectMarshmallow

Search This thread

tonystark88

Feb 2, 2012
Tufino (NA)
Before to start flashing
This is an UNOFFICIAL version of CM13, so this means that have bugs that i hope to fix soon. So use it carefully at your own risk. The most important thing to say, after flash this ROM,is ....

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation Guideline
  • Install the lastest version of TWRP
  • Power down your phone and go in recovery mode.
  • Copy the ROM file in your sdcard
  • Make a wipe data/factory reset
  • Install the zip you copied
  • Wipe cache
  • Reboot

What works
  • First Boot
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • SMS
  • SDCARD (only internal)
  • Leds
  • Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and other sensors
  • Touchpad (partial: wake up not works, so to test it set lockscreen expiration to 30 mins)
  • Bluetooth (partial: pairing not works)
  • Some else i'm testing

What not works
  • Camera
  • NFC
  • Light and proximity sensors
  • Anything else i will find and fix

Screenshots and Video
In the top of the page, section Screenshots.

Download
M4 Aqua ProjectMarshmallow Official Site
Uploading in this moment. You will see a post on my site!

Installation
  1. Be sure to have my TWRP installed on your device. If you don't have it go to my site and download it (see download section).
  2. Download and copy the ROM and GAPPS in the root of your SD
  3. Boot in TWRP
  4. Wipe your data (wipe data/factory reset in TWRP)
  5. Install the ROM (Install... in TWRP)
  6. Install GAPPS (see more information in the following GAPPS Section)
  7. Reboot

GAPPS
You can download your GAPPS here. Be sure to download the ARM64 version for 6.0. The pico version is the minimal one (save more space).

Dev Channel
Please report any bug and issues on the Telegram Channel. The same channel could be used to contact me if you have some ideas to fix some existent bugs.
https://telegram.me/m4devs

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13, ROM for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Contributors
tonystark88
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-04-06
Last Updated 2016-04-19

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160409-022052.jpg
    Screenshot_20160409-022052.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 15,515
  • Screenshot_20160409-022106.jpg
    Screenshot_20160409-022106.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 15,899
  • Screenshot_20160409-022137.jpg
    Screenshot_20160409-022137.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 15,904
  • Screenshot_20160409-022144.jpg
    Screenshot_20160409-022144.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 15,701

Morph'

Jan 22, 2016
Awesome work! Thanks for keeping the development alive for this device.
One question, does the lock screen bug happen in this ROM too? Or was that 12.1 only?

Reactions: Ccorzoa

Morph'

Jan 22, 2016
Please just abandon cm12.1 and focus on cm13 so you will have more time to fix bugs. We wish soon we can use it as daily rom. Great job victory :)

The bugs that are currently in the 12.1 ROM persist through to the 13 ROM, so why would ditching one project help the other in anyway?

dagger1

Dec 25, 2015
I wish other developers would help you with this. Getting working CM13 on this phone with more than decent hardware specs but crippled by Sony's software would be amazing.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Please just abandon cm12.1 and focus on cm13 so you will have more time ⌚ to fix bugs. We wish soon ? we can use it as daily rom. Great job victory :)

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Agreed

Reactions: diyar95

diyar95

Oct 15, 2014
sulaymaniyh
The bugs that are currently in the 12.1 ROM persist through to the 13 ROM, so why would ditching one project help the other in anyway?
You right but if we have smooth cm13 I'm sure Cm12 will be rarely use and i think that sony working on marshmallow for 7 month they just can't make it so we need cm 13 and i can help with testing and give bug report :)

dani020110

Mar 30, 2015
Lima
Please just abandon cm12.1 and focus on cm13 so you will have more time to fix bugs. We wish soon we can use it as daily rom. Great job victory :)

There are even more bugs in cm13 than cm12.1 like sdcard not working, so I think it'd be better if tony work in cm12.1 because the biggest issue is just the wake up screen; and we'd have nearly a daily driver.

Last edited:

zamdeh77

Mar 29, 2016
display wake up is short but if ne because of no longer ... and not xternal sdcard

ok problem with Google Play Store at some apps he says that they are not kompatieble with this version. then just goes with apk file

Last edited:

tonystark88

Feb 2, 2012
Tufino (NA)
The problem of lock screen really is a "wakeup from deep sleep problem". This means that the device, when locked, shutdowns cores and suspends. The suspension is managed by an android lib (present in cm12.1 and cm13) called libsuspend that works fine for suspension but not when have to wake up the device (you can find a line of log that says "Error writing on sys/power/state : Device or resource is busy).

But i don't think is a lib problem, but i've to find a way to workaround the complete suspension or device that, in this way, busy for the lib.
Suggestions are always appreciated :p

tonystark88

Feb 2, 2012
Tufino (NA)
Just to make the things clear: the development for the two ROMS is parallel. Infant both the ROMS actually have almost the same bugs. There is no waste of energy, just i'm trying to make the things work better than i can ;)

In these days, maybe also tomorrow i will release a fixed version of alpha 1 for CM13 that not reboots at first time. I fixed the problem. In the next days i will update more on the lock screen problem if i've some news about that.

Reactions: MK99

yash989

Sep 10, 2012
jodhpur
Just to make the things clear: the development for the two ROMS is parallel. Infant both the ROMS actually have almost the same bugs. There is no waste of energy, just i'm trying to make the things work better than i can ;)

In these days, maybe also tomorrow i will release a fixed version of alpha 1 for CM13 that not reboots at first time. I fixed the problem. In the next days i will update more on the lock screen problem if i've some news about that.

First u all must know guys stable cm12 willgive us good Base for cm13.
Tony u might need to build kernel previous I had xl and same problem might ask varun_chitre he will help u he fixed all cm bugs and gave xl new life

Reactions: Martia.Qa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before to start flashing
    This is an UNOFFICIAL version of CM13, so this means that have bugs that i hope to fix soon. So use it carefully at your own risk. The most important thing to say, after flash this ROM,is ....

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Installation Guideline
    • Install the lastest version of TWRP
    • Power down your phone and go in recovery mode.
    • Copy the ROM file in your sdcard
    • Make a wipe data/factory reset
    • Install the zip you copied
    • Wipe cache
    • Reboot

What works
    • First Boot
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • SMS
    • SDCARD (only internal)
    • Leds
    • Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and other sensors
    • Touchpad (partial: wake up not works, so to test it set lockscreen expiration to 30 mins)
    • Bluetooth (partial: pairing not works)
    • Some else i'm testing

What not works
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Light and proximity sensors
    • Anything else i will find and fix

Screenshots and Video
    In the top of the page, section Screenshots.

Download
    M4 Aqua ProjectMarshmallow Official Site
    Uploading in this moment. You will see a post on my site!

Installation
    1. Be sure to have my TWRP installed on your device. If you don't have it go to my site and download it (see download section).
    2. Download and copy the ROM and GAPPS in the root of your SD
    3. Boot in TWRP
    4. Wipe your data (wipe data/factory reset in TWRP)
    5. Install the ROM (Install... in TWRP)
    6. Install GAPPS (see more information in the following GAPPS Section)
    7. Reboot

GAPPS
    You can download your GAPPS here. Be sure to download the ARM64 version for 6.0. The pico version is the minimal one (save more space).

Dev Channel
    Please report any bug and issues on the Telegram Channel. The same channel could be used to contact me if you have some ideas to fix some existent bugs.
    https://telegram.me/m4devs

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13, ROM for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Contributors
    tonystark88
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-04-06
    Last Updated 2016-04-19
    Tony where are you!!!1111!!!!1!1!

Stop asking where is dev. As all of us can see, he doesn't continues project since april, so I don't think that project will be finished ever. May I create thread for searching for new developer who maybe will continue this? Everyone interested in this idea, press "Thanks" button on this post.
    Best regards.

Sent from my Huawei G620S using XDA Labs
    you just fixing good job. I think you are better then sony's developer :) just fix camera please take your time. Thanks alot

Today what is fixed:
    - External SD support, now the SD could be used like external or adopted as internal memory;
    - Thetering USB and WLAN.

These fixes will be available in the next release and will be merged also in the CM12.1 tomorrow (so the next release for CM12.1 will be available Wednesday).

Now i'm working on GPS and Camera. This will take a bit so be patient guys. I'm alone and i need time for that for identify where problem it is ;)

If could let all of you more calm, all you need to know that i've already tried to fix camera and the camera (internal and external) is detected but camera service crashed. But anyway, today two problem are been solved ;)

Keep in touch on my site for the update ;)
    Link updated on my site. Alpha 3 available for download.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone