[6.0.1] Official Marshmallow is rolling out now. Bugs & impressions here!

Search This thread

akshay2shah

Mar 10, 2016
Pune
I m on official FW and unlocked bootloader.

Whenever I try to backup then it stucks at 50%.

Anyone having same issue ?
4ada16036ab0fd66a0f39492349a421d.jpg

Sent from Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) Android 6.0.1

Tinup93

Oct 6, 2012
Cairo
Quick impretion is the rom is smooth and silky battery is good also double tap to sleep is amazing down sides are 8 mega pixles on superior mode using usa fw

daemon0233

Mar 6, 2016
Kosice
MM 6.0.1 bugs - MMB29V.Z1.3561-somc

Hi friends,

I have Z3c, unlocked bootloader and root access.

I updated concept MM 6.0.1 to latest version 3561 and now:
" Downloads " and " Themes " app do not work

Version 3550 works fine.
Thank you for any ideas to solve problem.

psytoxx

Jan 13, 2015
I use it since yesterday. I'm satisfied with it except for a few minor things.
ADB's necessary SuperSU pro
USB connection with no wifi connection, such as the new Companion could not find (it would be good to fix)

the rest is looking for: D

D5803 Unlocked bootloader, 23.5.A.0.570 , rooted, xposed, twrp3 .

tomzzi

Apr 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Battery life not so great...
Android OS and Google services draining battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160411-150348.png
    Screenshot_20160411-150348.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,421
  • Screenshot_20160411-150354.png
    Screenshot_20160411-150354.png
    80 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Screenshot_20160411-150407.png
    Screenshot_20160411-150407.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,393
Reactions: logan.in

tomy159

Oct 20, 2012
Burton-on-Trent
it is possible to do external SD card to write. now is read only so backup from TB doesnt work.

Edit:
I just come back to 5.1.1
Im very disappointed. true is all work but External SD Card just read only??? How can put that with that many bugs like official rom? SONY SONY this way is wrong.

Last edited:

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
Any method out there to enable flex storage?

I'm going to attempt this method that is being used on the Xperia Z5 Compact:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-compact/general/tuto-enable-adoptable-storage-mm-t3334153

Not sure what to expect from it. I hear it's buggy and that some apps don't properly see the SD card. I've been waiting for this for a while and have a fresh 128GB card to test with.

EDIT:
One thing I noticed immediately upon updating with my old 64GB MicroSD card is that any apps I had installed via App2SD are not inaccessible and there isn't a means of moving them back to the phone to fix them. So it appears that I will need to uninstall all of them and reinstall them. Great. I think I'll wait until I put the blank 128GB card in.

PSA: So warning to anyone using App2SD, move your apps first before upgrading because the upgrade process won't do it for you (which it should if the feature is now gone).

EDIT2:
Wait, it looks like I can move them to Internal using the "Storage" option in each app. I'm going to give that a try and then attempt to format the 128GB card when I get home as Internal storage.

EDIT3:
Formatted my 128GB card as adoptable storage using the guide, but it's showing the total space as a negative number. Not sure what to do about that.

EDIT4:
Despite the negative number for total space, most things appear to be working other than the camera. It cannot detect the original internal storage, the new internal storage, nor the SD card. Not sure if partitioning the card as mixed would have helped. I might try that.

It seems that moving apps to the SD card requires adopted storage now, but it really does appear to move it all to the card. I've had a noticeable change in used space when moving apps on both the internal storage and the SD card itself. I really wish Sony would have left this in from the Concept firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: boojay

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Is there a way to get PHONE shortcut to lockscreen? this google shortcut is not good for me.

Found solution online :
alexdon
Go to settings - apps, tap on the gear- default apps - assist and input - select none.
Thanks a lot, saving this for future reference. Just to confirm this brings back the dialer icon or do I have to do anything else?

daemon0233

Mar 6, 2016
Kosice
Hi friends,

I have Z3c, unlocked bootloader and root access.

I updated concept MM 6.0.1 to latest version 3561 and now:
" Downloads " and " Themes " app do not work

Version 3550 works fine.
Thank you for any ideas to solve problem.

So solution was to uninstall " Moto G SK Camera and Gallery " from
Xposed Installer. :laugh:

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
atm only bad impressions about this update.

I cant turn off the voice navigation in google maps no setting only to set it loud medioum soft...

I also find design flows everywhere. Hopefully sony will correct those issues because i can live with lollipop too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They started to release the official Marshamellow from the same countries that usually receive first the updates, but this time they decided to include also Americas (USA and GEL) ;)

2dj70wm.jpg

Please, if you're going to download and make a FTF for Flashtool, post your stuff in the proper thread HERE
    So... bottom line, after 3 months, MM is still buggy and we should stick to LP (or even better, KK)?

No, the last versions of LP are better than KK. My experience only.
    With MM it is more difficult. Actually, it is stable and everything. But for me personally, I would need: (a) reduced CPU speed (STAMINA); (b) background data restriction (instant sleep) (STAMINA).
    With MM there is Doze that kicks in ONLY when the phone does not move (sitting on the table) and ONLY after 30 minutes of doing this. Obviously this is necessary because Google needs to track the movement of people (in a way this is a good thing - you can predict many things from this - but for battery this sucks). With STAMINA this is lot easier.

My story: I used Concept since January. For normal usage it was good, but the battery still drained faster than with LP. Then I used stock 575 - it is pretty good actually, but still it did not give the same battery as LP. Then I flashed KK, it was horrible - as an interface; the battery usage was practically the same as with MM (after few days of using of course). Then I flashed latest LP and with STAMINA it gives me great battery.

Mind you, usage patterns are quite different of course! For playing Pokemons, MM is much, much better! For keeping the phone for calls, some e-mails, feedly, some small programs, LP with STAMINA is better.
    New firmware was certificated :
    from 23.5.A.0.575
    to 23.5.A.1.291
    Jesus ****ing christ. There's two kind of people moaning about in those topics(and practically all around the Internet when topic is about a phone update) :

1) those who don't like the update because it's something missing,
    2) even worse, those who didn't got the update yet.

Now you'd think that the first batch of complaints could influence the bigger idiots from batch two that they'd come to a conclusion that updating right now isn't worth anyway. But no, so they moan away until they eventually get the update and become those in batch number one.

Chill the **** out, the M with Stamina and bug fixes for Wifi and BT is going into beta now and will get public in a month.
    Is there a way to get PHONE shortcut to lockscreen? this google shortcut is not good for me.

Found solution online :
    alexdon
    Go to settings - apps, tap on the gear- default apps - assist and input - select none.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone