[6.0-12.0][Magisk]Dolby Digital Plus[upd.20211005]

Search This thread

Arkmars20

May 4, 2017
OnePlus 9
Moto Edge X30
Oh, thank you. I will try that, hope it works. For me the app lept crashing, but hopefully it'll work.

Make sure you flash the SELinux manager using Magisk Manager. Click on modules option on top left. Then hit the yellow button to flash the SELinux Manager zip. Hit volume down for Permissive when flashing. Should work for you after that.

Attachments

• Magisk_SELinux_Manager-v1.0.5.zip
    106.3 KB · Views: 518

suteu123

Jan 12, 2020
Make sure you flash the SELinux manager using Magisk Manager. Click on modules option on top left. Then hit the yellow button to flash the SELinux Manager zip. Hit volume down for Permissive when flashing. Should work for you after that.

It still wont work for me.. Maybe the devs could help me? Every time i enter the app it crashes and if I try again it says that the app keeps stopping.

Syoenth

May 11, 2015
Merida
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Here you go :) Flash it in magisk manager and report back. Let all get the benefit of it.

I flashed this and Dolby app worked for a time but again it FC, here's the log error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.dolby.ds.Ds.saveDsStateAndSettings()' on a null object reference
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Unknown Source:54)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:11)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Unknown Source:10)
at android.dolby.IDs$Stub$Proxy.unregisterCallback(IDs.java:1114)
at android.dolby.DsClient.unBindDsService(DsClient.java:1854)
at com.dolby.ds1appUI.MainActivity.unbindFromDsApi(MainActivity.java:356)
at com.dolby.ds1appUI.MainActivity.onDsApiError(MainActivity.java:777)
at com.dolby.ds1appUI.MainActivity.onClientConnected(MainActivity.java:870)
at android.dolby.DsClient$1.onServiceConnected(DsClient.java:1899)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnected(Unknown Source:93)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnection.run(Unknown Source:12)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:207)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:107)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:274)

I hope with this devs can find a fix

Here you go :) Flash it in magisk manager and report back. Let all get the benefit of it.

Hello bud,
i was looking for a working dolby and found this post...
I tried selinux manager 1.0.5 but didn't do the job.
Fortunately i flashed your selinux permissive and it did the trick.. :D
Now i'm using the dolby inside xXx rom and sound returned awesome !!
Thank you for sharing dude... :)

Cheers ;)

pavlos77

Jul 10, 2011
Hello. Thanks the developers for the work. I've installed the mod, I can recognize the change on effects when I switch between modes but there's not such a boost on the sound like the Dolby Atmos app. I have installed the Dolby Atmos mod on my mi4c 2 years ago and I could see exceptional difference. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't know thanks anyway.

Hello. Thanks the developers for the work. I've installed the mod, I can recognize the change on effects when I switch between modes but there's not such a boost on the sound like the Dolby Atmos app. I have installed the Dolby Atmos mod on my mi4c 2 years ago and I could see exceptional difference. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't know thanks anyway.

Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos are two different apps that give different results.

avaie

Nov 9, 2014
LG V40

Dolby Digital installs on the SD845 V Series but does not process or it is awfully low. On the contrary, all other sounds or chimes process fine. I have attached a dumpsys.

Attachments

• lgv40_dumpsys_dolbydigital.html.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: badpanda

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
Warning this does not work with the new Magisk Canary build UI. Keeps crashing and Selinux manager not working also. Don't upgrade until it's fixed.

Reactions: ldgs13

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Google Pixel 3a XL
Warning this does not work with the new Magisk Canary build UI. Keeps crashing and Selinux manager not working also. Don't upgrade until it's fixed.
Selinux manager isn't working because the module hasn't been updated since 2 template changes ago. I just had a look and it's still using config.sh instead of install.sh or customize.sh.

Just an FYI, all you need to do to set permissive is create a file in /data/adb/post-fs-data.d/ name it permissive.sh and give it 755 permissions and add this code to it:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

setenforce 0

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: yyz71

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
Selinux manager isn't working because the module hasn't been updated since 2 template changes ago. I just had a look and it's still using config.sh instead of install.sh or customize.sh.

Just an FYI, all you need to do to set permissive is create a file in /data/adb/post-fs-data.d/ name it permissive.sh and give it 755 permissions and add this code to it:

Dolby app still crashing new Magisk Canary build and needs to be updated.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

SELinux manager ain't working anymore on latest Magisk. Use this zip for Dolby from now on. Flash in Magisk Manager

Arkmars20

May 4, 2017
OnePlus 9
Moto Edge X30

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

v6.8 works fine with Magisk 20.3. You know canary builds can be unstable. There's been big changes to latest canary to so I'm not surprised if some modules won't install. I've used Magisk canary in the past but I got no benefit out of it. Why do you use canary over stable?

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
v6.8 works fine with Magisk 20.3. You know canary builds can be unstable. There's been big changes to latest canary to so I'm not surprised if some modules won't install. I've used Magisk canary in the past but I got no benefit out of it. Why do you use canary over stable?

Got it to work eventually but there are loads of modules not compatible. I was told that using Canary would keep GPay going that's why I'm on it. I'll test that theory and change to stable and wait for the update and see.

Arkmars20

May 4, 2017
OnePlus 9
Moto Edge X30
Got it to work eventually but there are loads of modules not compatible. I was told that using Canary would keep GPay going that's why I'm on it. I'll test that theory and change to stable and wait for the update and see.

Yeah I'm not sure about GPay as I've never used it but they made huge changes to the latest Canary Magisk Manager build. It's easy to switch anyway between the two anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dolby Digital Plus for 9.0-12.0 OS

bh3QxCR.png

Need selinux permissive

Hi. I present the mod Dolby Digital Plus (interface and functionality is the same as that of Dolby Atmos). Theoretically should work on OS 6.0-9.0. I checked only on Oreo and Pie (Samsung Tab A 10.1 LTE and Xiaomi Redmi 4x) and now on 10-Q too. The mod is based on the post from here . I removed the garbage, made it in one archive and added an uninstaller. Install via TWRP to a clean firmware.
    Added magisk build.
    Builds v.2.5, v.2.6, v.2.7, v.4.4, v.4.5, v.6.0, v.6.1, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7, 6.8 for magisk and for TWRP support widgets, the rest are not.

Attached files for A10-12 in second post.

Download
    :

DDP for Magisk(preferable): Google Yandex

DDP for TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=285652

Uninstaller for TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603852141

How to install

DDP installs via custom recovery(TWRP) or magisk. Freeze or rename existing AudioFX (MusicFX). After startup settings you can configured by your taste.

Credits:
    @guitardedhero for his awesome universal Dolby Digital Plus
    @A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems for his Magnum Opus.
    https://www.opendesktop.org/p/1274328/
    @heindrix
    @voske15 for his Dolby Digital magisk module
    @Zackptg5 for his magisk installer Unity and MMT Extended.
    For A10-12

Also work on some 11A and 12 A roms.

Downloads: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-WiFLYaqt2XhsSYaLzePA-3ZEU1rtSpy

Update:
    New DDP v.8.1 (for 11-12) attach
    Change-
    Just fixes for it to work on A11-12 on enforcing
    Update

Hi. New build v.6.4 is ready for download now. Minimal magisk 19.1. Latest unity now.
    Update

Update to v.6.0. Fixed minor bugs. Added to OP.
    New build v.7.0

New build v.7.0 for Q-10 is ready to download. Changed the installer base from unity to mmt extended. Try it.:)