[6.0] Omni nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Search This thread

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
Has anyone been having audio issues with OmniROM 6 MM?
I had glitches with BT audio. It would stutter now and then like a buffer was not filling quick enough. I also had issues with the audio not playing when watching a video that used AAC audio track. It was just silent. Tried all sorts of stuff, settings, different apps etc. Nothing helped. This began to really bug me when HD TV recording with my android TV adapter would not play audio but on a different app with SD video it did work.

Cracked it last night. Found a couple of lines in the build prop to alter. Nothing app related was of help. I decided it had to be a simple system setting or switch, or lack of basic OS support.

Got AAC video audio track now playing.
audio.offload.multiple.enabled=false
Change to true. Now all video plays with sound and even with stock player. I can uninstall MX Video Player. Just don't need it now.

To fix the stutter on BT music streaming to my car hifi.
audio.offload.buffer.size.kb=32
Changed to 128
Made quite a difference. Not sure exactly what it's doing but this seems to have fixed it unless there is a weird coincidence.
Now I can relax the buffer settings in Poweramp and see if I can get back some latency without making stutters.

Last edited:

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Has anyone been having audio issues with OmniROM 6 MM?
I had glitches with BT audio. It would stutter now and then like a buffer was not filling quick enough. I also had issues with the audio not playing when watching a video that used AAC audio track. It was just silent. Tried all sorts of stuff, settings, different apps etc. Nothing helped. This began to really bug me when HD TV recording with my android TV adapter would not play audio but on a different app with SD video it did work.

Cracked it last night. Found a couple of lines in the build prop to alter. Nothing app related was of help. I decided it had to be a simple system setting or switch, or lack of basic OS support.

Got AAC video audio track now playing.
audio.offload.multiple.enabled=false
Change to true. Now all video plays with sound and even with stock player. I can uninstall MX Video Player. Just don't need it now.

To fix the stutter on BT music streaming to my car hifi.
audio.offload.buffer.size.kb=32
Changed to 128
Made quite a difference. Not sure exactly what it's doing but this seems to have fixed it unless there is a weird coincidence.
Now I can relax the buffer settings in Poweramp and see if I can get back some latency without making stutters.
Nice

EDIT:
Incooperating those changes into 7

Last edited:
Reactions: drevel123

Coren0327

Jul 24, 2012
Liege
Hey hey, unfortuantly I couldn't find the Nougat version of the Omnirom thread for the Find7 so here a little Out of Topic, I was testing the weekly build of it 20170129 and noticed 3 issues.
1. Once unlocked the top clock on the right dosn't update from time to time. I was on a chat with FB Messenger bubbles when I noticed it was stuck on 11:15 while in fact it was 11:50 woopsies
2. Can't login/authenticate on Snapchat*
3. Can't login/authenticate on Pokemon Go (using Magisk to pass Safenet protocol check)*

I join to this my logs hoping it could help.

*checked my password and they are correct

Attachments

• 2017-02-04_14.18.zip
    325.3 KB · Views: 7

pHaydock

Feb 4, 2017
Hiya,

Firstly, thanks in advance for any responses and help.

My device is an Oppo Find 7A, currently using TWRP custom recovery and newly flashed with the Omni-6.0.1-20161124-find7-Security_Release rom and banks_gapps.

I managed to get the rom installed and boot into my phone successfully. However, I find a message popping up informing me that my internal SD card is corrupt and as such I am limited to only a couple of gigabytes app install space.

Prior to installing Omni, I had X9006&X9076ColorOS_V2.1.5i_full installed and setup LVM, spanning the internal SD and internal storage partitions.

Would anyone be able to offer any guidance or advice?

Thanks

Paul

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Max, have you a better idea of the actual meaning of the settings? For the BT performance, I've not been driving much lately and have not been able to test it thoroughly.
Not really but the second one is enabled on other device so it should be OK anyway.
Buffet sizes are never bad to be increased ?

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
I dont trust those security updates and i dont care....look like the "updates" from MS....lolol

Problems? Format.

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
I been having a constant and serious problem lately:

Sometimes im calling or on FB and it goes in a soft reboot.....

Any thoughts about this??

Last edited:
Reactions: saemax

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
I been having a constant and serious problem lately:

Sometimes im calling or on FB and it goes in a soft reboot.....

Any thoughts about this??

Some sort of memory issue?

I have a little bug I'd like some input on too. Ever since I installed OmniROM, if I use handsfree speakerphone during a call, the person at the other end of the call hears a bad echo. I assume the phone is not working properly with the inbuilt noise cancellation function? Anybody had this and fixed it?
I can't remember if it did this when on ColorOS. Seems so long ago, lol.

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
Hummm.....now i did have "UI System stop work"....
Had to remove battery....also someone call me i ear, but cant answer....again had to remove battery...

Maybe i should install Coulour 2.0.8 before....since i erase everthing with those 2 files to install and uninstall LVM...

RUBIANO

Nov 18, 2014
Bogotá
With last omni ROM 7.1.2 After suffering dark screen and no response from any key, it was necessary to restart the system, with surprise the time with my operator to make calls is at zero, it seems that during software freezes incoming or outgoing calls were not released. Serious problem. Uninstall omniROM

Attachments

• log.txt
    375 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

jd9922

May 31, 2015
Hi there!

I'm having a problem in that I must have deleted my internal storage and only have 2.96GB of it and that my SD Card/lvm2pv is corrupted.

Anywho, I posted in the trouble shooting area https://xdaforums.com/find-7/help/s...b-internal-t3623292/post72747998#post72747998

And one of the replies I got (which I'm grateful for!) was to flash an omni-6.0.1-find7-unified-storage-patch zip file.
I've no idea what that is but google searches tell me it's to do with Chinese storage partition..

Does anybody think that'll solve my issue? There's the ol' 'it's worth a shot arguement' but I don't wanna brick/mess the phone up anymore.
I suppose I'm hoping for a simple zip file flash that'll solve my problem without having to do the unbrick tutorial again but now that this has presented itself, I suppose Im skeptical !

Thanks very much!

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
I would return it to stock recovery, re-flash ColorOS 2.1.5 and convert to LVM from there, then flash TWRP and install Omni 7. This will ensure partitioning is correct.
It works well.
I had no storage issue running Omni 6 for quite a long time, never had to re-flash it. Only just updated to Omni 7 and it runs good on same partitioning from ColorOS LVM. Only needed a full wipe. Now fresh, time to sell the phone.

Last edited:

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
In TWRP run the file to unpartition, then the file to create unify partition...

Then install Omni normally....that should so the trick..

ronnycoleman

Apr 2, 2015
Latest Omni 6 (omni-6.0.1-20161124-find7-SECURITY_RELEASE) is often freezing on the lockscreen when waking up the phone with the hardware on/off button. The touchscreen then isn't working and I can't unlock the phone.
Also internet access for whatsapp was denied until I restarted the phone (normal websites were accessible by usng a browser).
Now I noticed the charging icon is sitll there although I disconnected the phone..
Flashed LVM with TWRP, restarted to TWRP and then flashed ROM and gapps, finally I wiped cache and dalvik cache.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts