[6.0.x|SM-N900| Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 (ha_3g)

Search This thread

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
Am I wrong or you guys haven't test stock rom's battery life. Becouse this rom is a battery monster after the stock rom. I'll test stock rom again against possibility of misunderstanding.
Battery life is much better than stock Lollipop... idk about kitkat, but that is out of the scene right now...

BTW guys... I am concentrating on nougat developement, but as soon as I find some time I will sync MM LineageOS sources and update this to Lineage... I also have a few minor tweaks I want to implement... so expect an update... not right now, nor tomorrow... as I said, priority is Nougat for me right now...

yikuph

Dec 12, 2016
Stock lolipop have the worst battery live, this rom maybe equal to stock kitkat. @tincho5588 I have question about live display, on standard mode does the white balance is re calibrated or it's the same as stock?

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
Stock lolipop have the worst battery live, this rom maybe equal to stock kitkat. @tincho5588 I have question about live display, on standard mode does the white balance is re calibrated or it's the same as stock?

Dont wanna contradict... but I havent seen anybody get 10hrs of SoT with stock rom... but i have seen ppl getting 10hrs of SoT with my rom ;)
The sole fact that you can disable the input boosters will give you much better battery life... plus other power saving features in the rom...
Live display works just like stock. Spen power saving is also available through Deathly Adiutor app also... Lots of power saving features and things to tweak in there...

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
When cm14 will be stable like cm13 right now, im have no reason to use cm 13. So you on the right way. Keep working on android 7 no matter what is this will be a cm or lineage. Thank you tincho for your titan work.
Btw do you have paypal?
It almost is, after the update Tincho is supposed to up by morning(his time) today, so go check that out and update if you feel like it, I'm already on the 14.1 though and it's better than 13 for me

Reactions: Breakcore_Rush

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)
Dont wanna contradict... but I havent seen anybody get 10hrs of SoT with stock rom... but i have seen ppl getting 10hrs of SoT with my rom ;)
The sole fact that you can disable the input boosters will give you much better battery life... plus other power saving features in the rom...
Live display works just like stock. Spen power saving is also available through Deathly Adiutor app also... Lots of power saving features and things to tweak in there...
Please tell me how to get 10 hours of SOT. İm getting maximum 3.5 hours with ondemand max1200 min 150 mhz. And -50 mv cpu voltage :(

SM-N900 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
Please tell me how to get 10 hours of SOT. İm getting maximum 3.5 hours with ondemand max1200 min 150 mhz. And -50 mv cpu voltage :(

Don't get dishearted, 3.5 after a normal day of use is quite OK. I get 4-6hr depending on my usage, but if I turn my location/data off, and freeze all the social apps, and turn down all the color scheme to pitch black, I'm pretty sure I'll get 10hr of SOT,

yikuph

Dec 12, 2016

How to get 10 hours of SOT? 1. Lower brightness bellow zero with live display color calibrate. 2. Super light use with cpu temperature should never go beyond 45°C. @tincho5588 I recall stock kitkat has the same cpu temperature when idle in stock configuration. but yeah if you start tweaking it this rom would be no match.

Last edited:

tincho5588

Oct 30, 2012
Villa Carlos Paz
How to get 10 hours of SOT? 1. Lower brightness bellow zero with live display color calibrate. 2. Super light use with cpu temperature should never go beyond 45°C. @tincho5588 I recall stock kitkat has the same cpu temperature when idle in stock configuration. but yeah if you start tweaking it this rom would be no match.

No negative brightness here... This is AOSP, not tw... Brightness goes from 0 to 255, being 10 the minimum on manual, and 15 on auto-brightness... Believe me when u tell you this thing has more power saving features than stock, I know it better than anyone... For instance, ALP comes disabled on stock, even though our processor supports the feature... Input boosters are mandatory on stock, here disabled by default (I wrote the sysfs myself to do it...)
Anyway, I get 5hrs of SoT with light usage (browsing, messaging) with auto brightness, no UC... Only thing I change is the governor to ondemand and undervolt my CPU -50mV... My battery is e years old now...
Getting a new one in the coming weeks... Bought an Anker on Germany (you can't get Anker here on Argentina...)

Edit: btw, I've seen only one person get the same battery life u get with this ROM on stock KK... That person was halazk (aka UpInTheAir)... With his heavyli modified kernel which he crafted himself... Worth noting that halazk is a f*cking genius!!!

Last edited:

yikuph

Dec 12, 2016
Lol, negative brightness is just how I call it, it is actually just lowering all color in color calibration to get lower brightness than 0 on brightness slider. Don't get me wrong absolutely I have no doubt this rom is more battery saver than stock kitkat and lolipop obviously.:good:

ajsunnyboy

Nov 2, 2012
Link to Kernal

Bugs:
Camera is a little laggy but usable

Kernel Info:
  • M Kernel base from the Galaxy Tab S
  • M GPU driver from Galaxy Tab S
  • CPU Voltage Control
  • CPU OverClock/UnderClock (Up to 2.1GHZ)
  • MIF/INT Voltage Control
  • Wolfson Sound Control (No Yamaha support)
  • UKSM instead of KSM
  • Added the following IO Schedulers: fifo, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, vr, zen, bfq (Default)
  • Full f2fs support updated off the mainline (Stock cm kernel has limited support)
  • Modified Thermal Throttling temperatures for all devices so hopefully they won't get as hot
  • Exynos thermal exposed to sysfs
  • Android Logger disabled by default can be enabled over sysfs
  • WQ power efficient workqueues (Still need to apply in more places)
  • Frandom Support
  • Readahead bumped to 256 from 128

Currently Disabled:
GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewriten for the M driver)

Can you please provide the link to Kernal.

mmb_z

Feb 3, 2011
Cairo
Thank you very much for this ROM, my note 3 is a live again. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it's wonderful. Thanks again.
I might wait for the next 7.1 build.
Regards.

Reactions: Breakcore_Rush

Breakcore_Rush

Oct 3, 2014
Moscow
Change to ondemand

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170109-013005.png
    Screenshot_20170109-013005.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20170109-012958.png
    Screenshot_20170109-012958.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 249

serhend001

Mar 28, 2011
MERSİN
I want to activate the call register feature. I search on the Internet and edit build.prop (persist.call_recording.enabled = true
Persist.call_recording.src = 4) we could write and activate the code. However, I did not understand where to write these codes in build.prop. Is there somebody that can help?

Çağrı kayıt özelliğini aktif etmek istiyorum. İnternette araştırdım ve build.prop düzenleyerek (persist.call_recording.enabled=true
persist.call_recording.src=4) kodları yazıp aktif edebileceğimiz şeklinde bilgi olduğunu gördüm. Ancak build.prop içerisinde bu kodları nereye yazacağımı anlayamadım. Yardımcı olabilecek birileri var mı?

SirAnKeKu

Oct 8, 2016
Sungailiat
I want to activate the call register feature. I search on the Internet and edit build.prop (persist.call_recording.enabled = true
Persist.call_recording.src = 4) we could write and activate the code. However, I did not understand where to write these codes in build.prop. Is there somebody that can help?

Çağrı kayıt özelliğini aktif etmek istiyorum. İnternette araştırdım ve build.prop düzenleyerek (persist.call_recording.enabled=true
persist.call_recording.src=4) kodları yazıp aktif edebileceğimiz şeklinde bilgi olduğunu gördüm. Ancak build.prop içerisinde bu kodları nereye yazacağımı anlayamadım. Yardımcı olabilecek birileri var mı?
I'm pretty sure that you only need to add it anywhere you want, but not to overwrite existing string. Correct me if i'm wrong

quyleanh

Dec 29, 2013

You mean /system/build.prop file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    It is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 builds for ha3g (SM-N900). The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

Current Build:
    02/07/17 build (LineageOS 13.0)

Older Builds:

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Want Root access? Flash this!
    SuperSU 2.79

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FYqwQOKx.png

02/07/2017
    *Fixed bad quality on the camcoder
    *Fixed problems with Android Auto
    *Everything that uses the AVC/h264 encoder will work well now
    *Built with up to date LineageOS sources

Older Changelog:

02/05/2017
    *Switched from CM to LineageOS
    *Stability improvements for RIL
    *Fixed wifi crashes plus other stability patches applied
    *Doze now uses the Significan Motion Sensor
    *Disabled fake shadows... UI shadows look more realistic now
    *Fixed AudioFX! It is back into the ROM and it works great!
    *Improvements for noise cancelation
    *Codecs and Scalers are built from source now
    *Some changes to the camera relevant code
    *Gralloc has been updated
    *Interactive Governor has been tuned for better battery life
    *Lots of other under the hood changes
    *The ROM feels a lot smoother now
    *Battery life should be better now

12/10/2016
    New power saving feature included: Advanced Low Power Audio (click here for more info)
    Input Boosters disabled by default
    Spen power saving enabled by default

12/04/2016
    New kernel control app included: Deathly Adiutor (check it out on google play!)
    Added support for 3000ma chargers.
    Added support for UBS3.0 charging speeds (Up to 1000ma).
    Added screen on charging limiter to avoid high heat generation while charging.
    Screen rotation fixed in this build.
    Interactive is the default governor again.
    Some RIL changes that could solve the problems some people are having with cellular connection.
    KERNEL: Tuned ondemand governor to match Samsung stock values.
    KERNEL: epen_saving_mode node now shows the current state of the feature.
    KERNEL: touchkey glove_mode node now shows the current state of the feature.
    KERNEL: added new sysfs to enable/disable input boosters (touchscreen, touchkey and spen)

11/25/2016
    Fixed s5p-mem ownership. This was affecting battery drain and Deep sleep times.
    Fixed battery kernel wakelock. This was affecting Deep Sleep times, causing the device to be awake more than normal.
    KERNEL: battery: Add MAX77803/UNIVERSAL5420 charger control.
    KERNEL: Rewrote/exposed proper handling of power supply properties. Reported charging currents limits are correct now.

11/18/2016
    DRM Fixed. You can now play DRM protected content. This should also fix WiFi Display, needs testing and confirmation.
    Tweaked Thermal driver. Device should heat a bit less under stress.
    Updated dalvik/hwui for 3GB.
    KERNEL: Fixed GPU control nodes.
    KERNEL: Fixed CPU Thermal nodes.

11/05/2016
    Usb otg fixed
    NFC battery drain fixed
    Multiwindow enabled by default
    Vibrator intensity enabled
    Dexpreopt enabled (no more optimizing apps on first boot)
    Updated GPS Blobs
    Reworked and updated ramdisk.
    KERNEL:
    gpu oced to 533mhz
    added gpu custom control interface (has some bugs, will get fixed in upcoming build)
    added gpu voltage control
    added gpu thermal control interface
    several fixed for CPU governors
    removed CPU slim governor
    added and updated some CPU governors

10/27/2016
    Mobile data 100% fixed in this build. No more slow data for some carriers.
    Bluetooth 100% fixed in this build. Proper fix applied, you dont need to flash a fix now.

10/25/2016
    Updated the ril class to be inline with the other 5420 devices.
    Lag fix is now built from sources (Thanks to Safarend for his sources!). ROM should be even more fluid now, better battery life also.
    Samsung_symbols shims are now built from sources (Thanks to Safarend for his sources!).
    Updated media profiles and media codecs configs (Credits to ShevT for the configs). This solves problems while reproducing videos (skips, lags, etc).
    Reverted radio properties to stock on build.prop. Should solve slow mobile data problems.

10/22/2016
    This build should fix bluetooth. Needs testing.
    New RIL blobs from P601XXUDOJ2.

10/20/2016
    Fixed mobile data issues introduced in 10/19 build.

10/19/2016
    MOBILE DATA IS BROKEN IN THIS BUILD!! will be fixed in upcoming build.
    AudioFX removed. It doesnt get along well with yamaha prebuilt audio.
    Ondemand and Interactive governors tuned. Should improve battery life a lot.
    Ondemand is the default Governor now.
    New camera blobs. Camera quality should be better. Its also faster and more reliable now.
    Fixed "Slow Charging" message on lockscreen.
    New DRM blobs. Widevine security level is L1 now!
    Under the hood changes for audio reproduction, video reproduction, and wifi. Should improve battery life without compromising quality.

10/11/2016
    Force api1 for camera2
    Added SamsungDoze support (aka Ambien Display). You are gonna find it under gestures, on settings.
    Standby battery consumption should be much better now (Thanks to SamsungDoze inclusion)
    Overlays cleaned and updated.
    You can HotSwap your microSD card now.

10/10/2016
    Latest security patch (October) applied
    Camera is now working
    Proximity sensor is now working
    Reverted back to ha3g ril subclass (The slte subclass made the ril to act funny after the October security update)
    Enabled OpenGLES 3.1 instead of 3.0 (The M gpu driver has support for this)

10/5/2016
    Updated all blobs to the stock lollipop base (minus libsec-ril)
    This fixes all of the lag spikes and other minor lag issues that were happening

10/2/2016
    Updated the ril class to be inline with the other 5420 devices
    Changing to 2g works now
    ConsumerIR is fixed
    Incall volume is fixed

9/29/2016
    Lag is fixed
    Bluetooth is fixed
    M gpu driver added
    OMX blobs function
    Charging speed should be better

9/24/2016
    Initial Release

http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.imgland.net%2FGdaEH5d.png

*You tell me!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits)
    @eousphoros (for his work on klimtwifi)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
    Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah
    @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588)

Source Code:
    Kernel
    https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420/tree/cm-13.0
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_ha3g/tree/cm-13.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    [6.0.x|SM-N900| Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 (ha_3g), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    deadman96385, tincho5588
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-24
    Last Updated 2017-02-07
    Bugs:
    Camera is a little laggy but usable

Kernel Info:
    • M Kernel base from the Galaxy Tab S
    • M GPU driver from Galaxy Tab S
    • CPU Voltage Control
    • CPU OverClock/UnderClock (Up to 2.1GHZ)
    • MIF/INT Voltage Control
    • Wolfson Sound Control (No Yamaha support)
    • UKSM instead of KSM
    • Added the following IO Schedulers: fifo, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, vr, zen, bfq (Default)
    • Full f2fs support updated off the mainline (Stock cm kernel has limited support)
    • Modified Thermal Throttling temperatures for all devices so hopefully they won't get as hot
    • Exynos thermal exposed to sysfs
    • Android Logger disabled by default can be enabled over sysfs
    • WQ power efficient workqueues (Still need to apply in more places)
    • Frandom Support
    • Readahead bumped to 256 from 128

Currently Disabled:
    GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewriten for the M driver)
    Great news guys! Ril is fixed!!
    Turns out they made some changes to selinux on N... now selinux blocks services on init if they dont have a domain defined... and our selinux policy sucks... so the services were getting blocked by selinux...
    Everything is fine now... We have android 7.1.1 on our devices, and God it works soooo well... gonna leave it uploading when i go to bed and post it tomorrow!
    Cheers!
    Camera error
    Bug camera black screen
    Not happening here...

Status update guys! Booted cm14.1... sound is working, sensors are working...
    RIL is NOT working... camera is NOT working...
    progress... i love it...
    see screenshots below!
    Hi guys! sry for my absence... I ve been working on the ril problem...
    I have some good news! Managed to find the problem with ril... I know how to make it work adbing the device...
    Now I need to find a permanent fix to ship it to you...
    I love progress...