[6.0.x|SM-T520|BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 for the Tab Pro 10.1 (picassowifi)

Search This thread

crisis_trustee

May 15, 2014
Are you using the latest TWRP?
Yes, TWRP 3.0.2-0 - https://dl.twrp.me/picassowifi/twrp-3.0.2-0-picassowifi.img.html
How flash cm-13.0-20160505-UNOFFICIAL-picassowifi.zip on cm-13.0-20160504-UNOFFICIAL-picassowifi.zip - dirty or clean?
What open gapps use for this flash - mini or pico?

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Thanks for all the good work you're doing. I'm thrilled that I can upgrade my device to MM 6.0.

Sorry for my newbie questions, but as more readers are not really techies, maybe you can give an answer to these two questions?

1) Do you need root to flash this ROM? If so, how can I do that? Is there a sort of manual for non-techies available?
2) Where can I find TWRP Recovery, I can only find TWRP Manager (Requires root), TWRP Coordinatot (Requires root). Or do you mean something else? Can you give a link, please? How does it work?
Thanks a lot.
Also on behalf of lots of unexperienced users.
Best,
Hans
Latest TWRP for picassowifi - https://dl.twrp.me/picassowifi/twrp-3.0.2-0-picassowifi.img.html (flash via TWRP)
or https://dl.twrp.me/picassowifi/twrp-3.0.2-0-picassowifi.img.tar.html (flash via Odin)

Last edited:

subscope

Oct 19, 2008
Porto
Thank you for keeping alive our our device :)
I would like to test this but I still have warranty (stock rom) :/

Enviado do meu SM-T520 através de Tapatalk

subscope

Oct 19, 2008
Porto
Think about it... it is unbelievable fast ........ ?
Yup I know ... tw kitkat just sux ahah
I didn't flash this rom because of knox. In my i9505 I trigered knox to 0x1 and I had to go to warranty and they didn't fix my device. So I have 1.5 years of warranty so I will wait a little more :/ knox is like sh*t -_-

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

rchtk

Mar 7, 2012
Nice
Reminds me of all problems we encountered on cm13 for galaxy s3. Rotation, wifi deep sleep. Both got fixed a few month ago.
Great work of porting cm13 to our device. Happy hacking !

Genesius01

Jul 5, 2013
Cyber8607: Had the same issue until I upgraded my router. My old $25 Linksys wouldn't stay connected to my tablet or phone. Bought a Netgear Nighthawk and WiFi on the tablet has been rock solid ever since.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium HD app

cyber8607

Jul 13, 2008
Bozen
i had not had issues with cm12.1 and wifi .. its since cm13 ... i updated now my Asus AC87u to the latest Beta.. i'll take a look... Its not only disconnecting during sleep.. its disconneting even when im surfing in internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads
    Use Latest TWRP When Flashing
    5/17 Build
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24545070682210625

Instructions
    Install Latest TWRP Recovery
    Wipe Everything (Factory Reset)
    Install ROM
    Install GApps (optional)
    Reboot
    Profit

Google Apps
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 6.0 zip)
    NOTE: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom before you boot up the first time.

Sources

Device: https://github.com/awid777/android_device_samsung_picassowifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/awid777/android_kernel_samsung_picassowifi

Known Issues
    • Camera does not work (Along with the torch)
    • I'm sure there's more - Post here if you find any

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial Cyanogenmod 13 for the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (picassowifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    awidawad, crpalmer, shevt
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 3
    Beta Release Date: 2016-05-17

Created 2016-05-05
    Last Updated 2016-05-17
    Before You Post a Bug
    PLEASE include steps to reproduce the bug, and a logcat would be nice. If it's hardware related or your device reboots please post your last_kmsg.

How to logcat?
    See here (read up to the end of the "logcat" section).
    Upload it to a pastebin, include the link in your bug report.

or if you're on your phone and can't get to a computer:

If you install a terminal (this one works nicely) and type this:
    Code:
    su
    then, accept the superuser prompt, and type
    Code:
    logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt
    it should save a logcat at /sdcard/logcat.txt. You can change the filename, and it will overwrite whatever exists already at /sdcard/logcat.txt

How to get last_kmsg?
    Copy /proc/last_kmsg and upload the file contents to a pastebin, include the link to that in your bug report

Please feel free to ask questions pertaining to this rom and post bugs or any issues you may run into. Any help/contributions would also be appreciated as my free time is limited. :)

DEVICE CHANGELOG
    Code:
    17MAY16
      *Fixed SD Card
      *Kanged Tab S blobs (WIP)
      *Cleaned up minor bugs
      *Enabled auto power modes

15MAY16
      *Rotation Fix Implemented
      *Added OpenGL ES 3.1 Support
      *Various GPU and performance fixes
      *Misc. CM Changes

04MAY16
      *Initial Build
    Hey guys sorry for lack of support lately I've been out and about for my job (Military). I will try to get a new build out this weekend. After this weekend I will be gone for a month or so however so don't expect much after this weekend. Camera is a big hassle unfortunately but there are a few things I've been working on like GPU in the case of black screens.
    New Build

15MAY16 Build
    • Rotation Fix Implemented (Tested working on my end)
    • Added OpenGL ES 3.1 Support
    • Various GPU and performance fixes
    • Misc. CM Changes

Be sure to wipe cache after installing. Link on OP. Still working on camera fix. Please post here if you run into any issues.

Thank you for all your support!
    New Build - CM13 updated

Here is my build:

cm-13.0-20160724-UNOFFICIAL-picassowifi.zip

No changes for device/kernel only new CM13 Sources.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone