[6.0.x|SM-T520|BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 for the Tab Pro 10.1 (picassowifi)

Search This thread

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
I'm also running into the black screen issue. I installed the May 17 build this morning. Didn't try the earlier builds, went straight from stock to this one. Everything works, even USB drive, except that the screen intermittently turns black. and I have to reboot.

Some more details: it seems like the backlight is on but the screen/display is black, because when I reboot it, it gets a little bit darker. Also, the hardware touch buttons (back & switch program) continue to work while the screen is black, so the OS is still live. I can't confirm if clicking/swiping still works since the display is off but I suspect it is active. So, it's just the screen that goes black for some reason.

I can try to debug if you send me instructions but at the same time, since it is random, I can't think of how I could replicate to send any logs...
Try holding the SM-T520 in portraitmode, helped me getting past the problems after a clean install.

Reactions: tbatliner

fgoyti

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
It just happened again (screen went black). Tried rotating the display but it didn't help. This time it happened when I tried to format my SD card for internal use (it was set to portable mode first). As soon as I clicked internal, the screen went dark. I rebooted, repeated to format as internal and once again, the screen went dark! So looks like I can reproduce it. For now I've removed the card to see if it happens any more, but the issue appears to be related to external storage?

awidawad

Jan 2, 2012
A Dark Room
It just happened again (screen went black). Tried rotating the display but it didn't help. This time it happened when I tried to format my SD card for internal use (it was set to portable mode first). As soon as I clicked internal, the screen went dark. I rebooted, repeated to format as internal and once again, the screen went dark! So looks like I can reproduce it. For now I've removed the card to see if it happens any more, but the issue appears to be related to external storage?

I'll see if I can replicate this when I get time. If you could pull a logcat while doing this that'd be awesome.

Reactions: van_gogh

petty500

Jan 22, 2011
@awidawad
Yesterday evening I flashed 20160517 and gapps 20160516 micro after Factory reset.
After reboot I got choose language and Connect wifi.
Then I got a black screen. After 5 min waiting I choose for a forced reboot.
Then all goes nice.
I had to add 2 accounts in settings-->accounts. Both Times Black screen. Forced a reboot.
Until now, all is going nice.
Thanks a lot for Your efforts to make it possible.

Last edited:

cyber8607

Jul 13, 2008
Bozen

i got the dark screen navigasting in the xposed installer app

awidawad

Jan 2, 2012
A Dark Room
@awidawad
Yesterday evening I flashed 20160517 and gapps 20160516 micro after Factory reset.
After reboot I got choose language and Connect wifi.
Then I got a black screen. After 5 min waiting I choose for a forced reboot.
Then all goes nice.
I had to add 2 accounts in settings-->accounts. Both Times Black screen. Forced a reboot.
Until now, all is going nice.
Thanks a lot for Your efforts to make it possible.

i got the dark screen navigasting in the xposed installer app

For all you getting a black screen; I cannot reproduce this no matter what I try on my device. But what you can try is enable developer options and enable GPU rendering and verify 4x MSAA is enabled.
Settings > Developer Options > Force GPU rendering set to ON, Force 4x MSAA set to ON, Disable HW overlays set to ON
Then see if your screen still goes black randomly.

petty500

Jan 22, 2011
For all you getting a black screen; I cannot reproduce this no matter what I try on my device. But what you can try is enable developer options and enable GPU rendering and verify 4x MSAA is enabled.
Settings > Developer Options > Force GPU rendering set to ON, Force 4x MSAA set to ON, Disable HW overlays set to ON

I enabled GPU rendering set to on, Force 4x NSAA was already set to on, and I set Disable HW overlays set to on.
I added a new account. NO BLACK SCREEN.
Thanks for the advice.
:good::good::good:

fgoyti

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto

This resolved my problem also. As @Nijmegen mentioned, I had to set Force GPU to ON and Disable HW overlays ON also. THANK YOU!

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Donated
6ER75386GA461783N

Thanks again for all your work on this, keep it up! Hopefully can get the camera working :)

daitalos

• Aug 4, 2014
    The Whole 🌍 is My Home
    Nice..

The only problem is camera ( no serius problem on tablet for me & i hope u will fix it in next update)....No reboots or crashes or black screen, rom working very quickly....(from Resurrection Remix 5.5.9) sorry for english :good:

awidawad

Jan 2, 2012
    A Dark Room

akirici

Sep 4, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I installed lastest rom and it runs smoothly so far. But I see charging issue, whether I use original adaptor or samsung galaxy s6 fast charge one, notification says "slow charging" and it barely charges. Has anyone seen that problem?

thanks in advance..

Last edited:

daitalos

• Aug 4, 2014
    The Whole 🌍 is My Home
    after Soft(only) reboot has problem....

Writes me always "the SD Card are damaged" ( mistake notification),and many times says " launcher stopped"...With normal reboot all is Ok....(rom working very fast) :good:

Last edited:

subscope

Oct 19, 2008
    Porto
    Well I am following this thread and I just want to thank to awidawad for his incredible work :)
    I have knox0x0 but I am tired from this tw slow version so I will update maybe to this version and helping to track issues/bugs. I just would like to know if wifi mirroring is working because I use this a lot ;) thank you in advance :)

Enviado do meu SM-T520 através de Tapatalk

tbatliner

Jun 12, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I installed lastest rom and it runs smoothly so far. But I see charging issue, whether I use original adaptor or samsung galaxy s6 fast charge one, notification says "slow charging" and it barely charges. Has anyone seen that problem?

thanks in advance..

Yes same here, although I blamed it on the "old" battery (two years). Only other issue is that it constantly looses wi-fi and then reconnects. Otherwise the ROM is very good!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Downloads
      Use Latest TWRP When Flashing
      5/17 Build
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24545070682210625

Instructions
      Install Latest TWRP Recovery
      Wipe Everything (Factory Reset)
      Install ROM
      Install GApps (optional)
      Reboot
      Profit

Google Apps
      OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 6.0 zip)
      NOTE: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom before you boot up the first time.

Sources

Device: https://github.com/awid777/android_device_samsung_picassowifi
      Kernel: https://github.com/awid777/android_kernel_samsung_picassowifi

Known Issues
      • Camera does not work (Along with the torch)
      • I'm sure there's more - Post here if you find any

XDA:DevDB Information
      Unofficial Cyanogenmod 13 for the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (picassowifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
      awidawad, crpalmer, shevt
      ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: 3
      Beta Release Date: 2016-05-17

Created 2016-05-05
      Last Updated 2016-05-17
      Before You Post a Bug
      PLEASE include steps to reproduce the bug, and a logcat would be nice. If it's hardware related or your device reboots please post your last_kmsg.

How to logcat?
      See here (read up to the end of the "logcat" section).
      Upload it to a pastebin, include the link in your bug report.

or if you're on your phone and can't get to a computer:

If you install a terminal (this one works nicely) and type this:
      Code:
      su
      then, accept the superuser prompt, and type
      Code:
      logcat -d > /sdcard/logcat.txt
      it should save a logcat at /sdcard/logcat.txt. You can change the filename, and it will overwrite whatever exists already at /sdcard/logcat.txt

How to get last_kmsg?
      Copy /proc/last_kmsg and upload the file contents to a pastebin, include the link to that in your bug report

Please feel free to ask questions pertaining to this rom and post bugs or any issues you may run into. Any help/contributions would also be appreciated as my free time is limited. :)

DEVICE CHANGELOG
      Code:
      17MAY16
        *Fixed SD Card
        *Kanged Tab S blobs (WIP)
        *Cleaned up minor bugs
        *Enabled auto power modes

15MAY16
        *Rotation Fix Implemented
        *Added OpenGL ES 3.1 Support
        *Various GPU and performance fixes
        *Misc. CM Changes

04MAY16
        *Initial Build
      Hey guys sorry for lack of support lately I've been out and about for my job (Military). I will try to get a new build out this weekend. After this weekend I will be gone for a month or so however so don't expect much after this weekend. Camera is a big hassle unfortunately but there are a few things I've been working on like GPU in the case of black screens.
      New Build

15MAY16 Build
      • Rotation Fix Implemented (Tested working on my end)
      • Added OpenGL ES 3.1 Support
      • Various GPU and performance fixes
      • Misc. CM Changes

Be sure to wipe cache after installing. Link on OP. Still working on camera fix. Please post here if you run into any issues.

Thank you for all your support!
      New Build - CM13 updated

Here is my build:

cm-13.0-20160724-UNOFFICIAL-picassowifi.zip

No changes for device/kernel only new CM13 Sources.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone