[6.0.x|SM-T520| Unofficial Lineage/CyanogenMod 13.0 (n2awifi)

Search This thread

luly

Nov 5, 2016
I think it's strange people having issues with this rom, I have been on this one for a couple of weeks now and it's amazing.
Used pico gapps and own bloatware script to do about 30 more files.
Using Xposed with many mods installed and other theme from Theme Engine, no problems at all!
I experience none of the bugs mentioned above.

Last edited:

banjo3009

Jan 27, 2017
I think it's strange people having issues with this rom, I have been on this one for a couple of weeks now and it's amazing.
Used pico gapps and own bloatware script to do about 30 more files.
Using Xposed with many mods installed and other theme from Theme Engine, no problems at all!
I experience none of the bugs mentioned above.

How is the volume on your device? Could you please provide the contents of your mixer_paths.xml file located in /etc?

Thanks

RagingHarry

Jan 8, 2012
Havelte
Google Pixel 5
How is the volume on your device? Could you please provide the contents of your mixer_paths.xml file located in /etc?

Thanks
Stock is low volume, but with the built in deathly audiator app you can pump up tha volume with 16db per speaker and that is surely loud enoughj ;)
And tons of other tweaks, no need to edit files.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170131-215355.png
    Screenshot_20170131-215355.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 266

luly

Nov 5, 2016
You"re stuck somewhere in the first setup¿
If so flash the rom and supersu, do the setup then reboot to recovery and install gapps, that is the quickest fix.
Don't think many will have an older version, most already moved to
LinrageOS 14.1.

Thanks

Im using Viper 4 Android, very nice volume!

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Have someone resolved the home button not working?
Do you guys use the right gapps?
And have someone tried if home button works when gapps are not installed?

dcuk75

Apr 9, 2012
go from > widgets > & take it from Shortcut Launcher at the end (below)
from the settings > applications go & give one by one app all the permissions

Couldn't get this to work at all. Moved to the 14.1 20170130 build and it has been rock solid, no issues at all.

Thank you for taking the time to offer assistance though :)

Last edited:

luly

Nov 5, 2016
Can not connect bluetooth to my car with this rom, any tricks?
Does in depends on my Google Gapps?

santope

Feb 3, 2009
I really want to contribute, but I cannot figure out how to use Syslog. I mean, where do those log files go?

Meanwhile, I can report that I tried to use Google Hangouts and it was pretty unstable.
I have the 14 January build

Logs

I really want to contribute, but I cannot figure out how to use Syslog. I mean, where do those log files go?

Meanwhile, I can report that I tried to use Google Hangouts and it was pretty unstable.
I have the 14 January build
you can take a Logcat with two ways.1)very easy syslog : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog&hl=en _2) minimal adb & fastboot : https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 _how to use > https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2141817

Reactions: van_gogh

santope

Feb 3, 2009
Many thanks for the reply.
I had already installled Syslog.
My question, which I have never seen answered in all the posts, is :
Where do I find my log files, to be uploaded to xda? the app's documentation says nothing on that basic question.

jericko

Dec 8, 2009
Since the 1/14 Rom flash, my wifi never "wakes" after I wake the tablet. I have the toggle the wifi switch, off then on, to get my wifi to reconnect. My wife has the same tablet, running the same ROM and no issues with her Wifi. I keep my tablet very vanilla, just a comic reader app, reddit app, and a baby web cam to watch my infant. Any one having this issue?

In folder syslog

Many thanks for the reply.
I had already installled Syslog.
My question, which I have never seen answered in all the posts, is :
Where do I find my log files, to be uploaded to xda? the app's documentation says nothing on that basic question.

(opened in file manager) you can upload from there (zip includes dmesg,last_kmsg,Logcat, etc) you have not seen because this answer it is not matter of this thread ... ( more,for syslog you can read here: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1157214 )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage/CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Lineage/CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage/CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
    This thread is for Unofficial Lineage/CyanogenMod 13.0 builds for picassowifi/n2awifi (SM-T520). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing Lineage/CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash Lineage/CyanogenMod
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

Downloads
    Lineage:
    2017/01/14 build
    CyanogenMod:
    2016/12/30 build
    2016/11/5 build
    2016/10/9 build
    2016/9/22 build

Changelog:
    2017/01/14
    migrate from CM to Lineage (better chance to upgrade to CM14.1 soon)
    Info: OK-Google/MIC should work. (please feedback!)

2016/12/30
    Change to exynos common tree sources (chance to upgrade to CM14.1)
    Support of "Deathly Adiutor"
    Info: OK-Google/MIC broken!

2016/11/05
    Nightly without specific changelog. Just latest sources used.

2016/10/09
    IR Blaster fixed
    Mic fixed

2016/9/22
    Initial Release

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/- thanks to the OpenGapps team!

The Lineage/CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Source:
    Kernel: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Device Tree: https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_n2awifi

Credits:
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits)
    @eousphoros (for his work on klimtwifi)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
    @LaCruz (For testing my builds on device)
    Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )
    @awidawad for his first picassowifi builds

XDA:DevDB Information
    [6.0.x|SM-T520| Unofficial Lineage/CyanogenMod 13.0 (n2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    deadman96385, LaCruz
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-22
    Last Updated 2017-01-14
    Bugs:
    None at this time

Hybrid Build:
    I have completely replaced all of the proprietary blobs that were from n2awifi (SM-T520) and replaced them with those from n1awifi (SM-P600). It is pretty much your sister tablet the only differences is it has a different screen that supports the s-pen. Internally they are exactly the same. Crucially it also got official Lollipop which your tablet did not. This build is also now using the M kernel base designed for the Galaxy Tab S this allows it to get the latest kernel updates and drivers.

Kernel Info:
    • M Kernel base from the Galaxy Tab S
    • M GPU driver from Galaxy Tab S
    • CPU Voltage Control
    • CPU OverClock/UnderClock (Up to 2.1GHZ)
    • MIF/INT Voltage Control
    • Wolfson Sound Control (No Yamaha support)
    • UKSM instead of KSM
    • Added the following IO Schedulers: fifo, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, vr, zen, bfq (Default)
    • Full f2fs support updated off the mainline (Stock cm kernel has limited support)
    • Modified Thermal Throttling temperatures for all devices so hopefully they won't get as hot
    • Exynos thermal exposed to sysfs
    • Android Logger disabled by default can be enabled over sysfs
    • WQ power efficient workqueues (Still need to apply in more places)
    • Frandom Support
    • Readahead bumped to 256 from 128

Currently Disabled:
    GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewriten for the M driver)
    I made this as an experiment for personal usage, but it turns out it works fine so im sharing it. Here is Resurrection Remix 5.8.0(nougat) for n2awifi: https://mega.nz/#!UoAB1RwK!D8J3AhoyZFVLQtp7VMcWhXNi09ec5wwfjePVOb5FUq0 . No serious bugs noticed yet, everything seems to work, have fun with the build and do as you like, download it, share it, mirror it, i dont care, just a few credits would be fine. Most of the work it done by the exynos-5420 team anyways, all i did is compile their sources.
    There is a new build avaible (11/05).
    This is a nightly build without specific changelog and changes. Just latest sources were used.

In the backgound the exynos5420-dev-team still working on this device. At the moment there are many code changes and optimations in progress. On any news we will inform you.

Happy Weekend and have fun!
    I have added a new build to the OP it should have the mic and ir blaster fixed my tester has not tested it yet but it should be fine let me know if you run into any issues.

Edit: Thanks for confirming that mic and IR Blaster works