6.2.B.1.96 RELEASED for NORDIC regions!

Search This thread

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
Xperia Ion users: try to politely ask in the comment section for an ETA for the grandest phone of all 4:
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/08...-update-for-xperia-s-xperia-sl-xperia-acro-s/

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

Honestly,if Sony is planning to give us a surprise with a 'special' firmware update which fix the bug and include a goodies inside it which Xperia S,SL or acro S don't have,but kinda late to deliver it...I can accept it as an apology fron them

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium

ConorCX

Jan 20, 2013
Firstly thanks to you guys that have uploaded the FTF files for this firmware. I've thanked your posts.
My Xperia S is O2-UK carrier branded (logos show at boot and power off). The device is running my carriers official .200 Jelly Bean customization. It has a locked bootloader and is not rooted.

I would like to ask a question to minimize the chance of any brick occurring. Should I wipe the data, cache and appslog before flashing the FTF file?

ejstubbs

Jul 6, 2011
Edinburgh
Yup, just got it on my Acro S here in the UK. Looking good so far.

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon: the internal SD card has filled up with CWM backups and other stuff, and nothing I do will get me any free space back. Deleting files using File Expert or other apps on the phone appears to work but the free space doesn't increase. Mounting the internal SD card to my Mac (using Doomlord's SD card mounter app) and deleting files that way achieves nothing as well. The files go, but the space doesn't come back.

Is this is bug with JB on the Acro S, or something specific to my phone - perhaps carried over from ICS because I upgraded using Sony Bridge for Mac rather than flashing an ftf to start from scratch?

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon: the internal SD card has filled up with CWM backups and other stuff, and nothing I do will get me any free space back. Deleting files using File Expert or other apps on the phone appears to work but the free space doesn't increase. Mounting the internal SD card to my Mac (using Doomlord's SD card mounter app) and deleting files that way achieves nothing as well. The files go, but the space doesn't come back.

Is this is bug with JB on the Acro S, or something specific to my phone - perhaps carried over from ICS because I upgraded using Sony Bridge for Mac rather than flashing an ftf to start from scratch?

Just reflash if you have unlocked bootloader... Try root explorer to delete files...

Sent from my LT26w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

satishzone

Aug 9, 2013
Hyderabad
Oh yeah, it's fixed

Only one way to find out as it just got released. I am just waiting for Yakundu to upload the ftf to flash it on my XS. I am optimistic that all the bugs especially the India specific 2G bug is fixed, at least that's what most forums stated. Anyways, I'll confirm it here in a day's time.

Confirmed - 2G bug, which has frustrated so many Indians is now fixed. This might have been already confirmed by many but another vote doesn't hurt, I guess.

Another note, I flashed it without wiping anything and noticed no issues at all.

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
Extendend standby mode not working

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

It woks for me... When extended standby mode is turned on, msgs from viber wouldn't get through until the screen is turned on...

@NUJ

Jul 1, 2012
It doesnt wrks for me I still can receive msg from whatsap eventhough my screen was off

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
It doesnt wrks for me I still can receive msg from whatsap eventhough my screen was off

Try not to open immediately the screen after turning it off for about 5minutes... Anything that uses data wouldn't get through in my phone when enabled ( eg. viber, whatsap, line, or even facebook and other notifications that normally popup).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    002700rzhdhth40te0veet.png

CDA for LT26i:1257-6919
    CDA for LT26w:1266-4530

FTF download:
    LT26i:
    https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=4eO2vcz41tbkjZ68fZj9LUdPc1Lz/DFOnW+zfNJtSGw=&locale=ru
    https://mega.co.nz/#!fgRFnajT!CYAtOiVhIjeSR6Uit7ZdvHmwRqVXN80u_kXNc7u_wSo
    http://depositfiles.com/files/irynq72v1
    LT26w:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2QH2-xGRWYDQW9seXQycHo1Vlk/edit

Full change log from Sony:

Inclusive of some stability and performance improvements, here are some additional improvements and fixes.

Camera:
    -Addressed an abnormality in the white balance
    -Improved the Quick Launch button functionality
    -Smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag

For apps, services & data:
    -Streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
    -Boosted connection stability for 2G network data
    -Ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot – not a common problem, but we understand it can be a frustrating one!

For battery:
    -Economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
    -Corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low

And for hardware & UI:
    -Introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
    -Made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
    how about something better?

Xperia S JB 6.2.B.1.86 is now rooted for both locked & unlocked bootloaders!

details coming shortly :)

802718264.png
    right so downloading update :)

Xperia S

q1B_IgDmdd8g3E9pmNqh4k2j3FaMZx9KAEJcrIjhLow
    Uploadig for Xperia S

1080p video fixed! :D
    As an ion user...this is my reaction

uploadfromtaptalk1377282030354.jpg

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!