6.2.B.1.96 RELEASED for NORDIC regions!

Search This thread

FrancoBegbie

Jun 3, 2011
Surrey
will the update of europe makes a difference in relation to the global update? I live in europe can I get better gsm signal and wi-fi?
can someone get me the update of Portugal?

I'm in UK and the HSPDA signal seems to be fine (as before), GSM seems to be working now (it wasn't before). Can't say for WiFi yet as I'm at work, will have to wait until I get home.

Wing00w0

Nov 13, 2011
Puebla
It doesnt wrks for me I still can receive msg from whatsap eventhough my screen was off

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

So is it a bug or asusual sony has shown its weak ability

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

C'mon extended standby? Get a wall charger, car charger and external battery and done I had never use it and my XS stands for day and a half and with a lot of use 18hours bit for that time I'm back at home

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

dieselman6969

Sep 30, 2009
V.N.FAMALICÃO
the 1.96 update is making me sick so errors keypad camera battery do not know what else to do to the brick I just want to sell it I'm sick of sony ....
someone has a 1.96 rom europe more properly Portugal to test?

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
the 1.96 update is making me sick so errors keypad camera battery do not know what else to do to the brick I just want to sell it I'm sick of sony ....

It is extremely unusual you're the only one with major problems and bugs in the update here demanding us to provide you with a Portugal FTF. Pure annoying.

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yUlekk

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011

Clear everything and do it again... It is way better than previous releases of jb... I haven't encountered any problem yet...

Sent from my LT26w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dark_skeleton

May 4, 2013
Extended battery mode works propely, I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. If you've installed some freaky apps that keep waking up the phone, then it's no surprise that EBM can't work. If I leave my phone alone for some time (a few minutes), wifi gets disconnected and I stop getting any notifications from facebook etc until I wake the phone manually.

Last edited:

hmzuleta

Jan 18, 2012
Bogotá
XPERIA SL LT26ii WORLD GENERIC .FTF

I'm uploading the part files for the XPERIA SL LT26ii WORLD GENERIC .FTF
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/5792i9hnbeusa/6.2.B.1.96
Be patient, my upload speeds aren't as good as my university's (the one in my signature, lol).
It's all uploaded now.
PLEASE READ THE README FILE. It's the first .ftf I build, so expect anything. I followed the instructions in this thread thoroughly, however.

Last edited:

ifrxda

Jan 7, 2011
Hamburg
Extended battery mode works propely, I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. If you've installed some freaky apps that keep waking up the phone, then it's no surprise that EBM can't work. If I leave my phone for alone some time (a few minutes), wifi gets disconnected and I stop getting any notifications from facebook etc until I wake the phone manually.

Totally agree, since .96 with EBM (coming directly from ICS, due to 2G bug in .200/.211) my battery is far better. Getting ~50% end of day instead of ~30% with the same usage as before the update. For me :good:

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
Extended battery mode works propely, I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. If you've installed some freaky apps that keep waking up the phone, then it's no surprise that EBM can't work. If I leave my phone alone for some time (a few minutes), wifi gets disconnected and I stop getting any notifications from facebook etc until I wake the phone manually.

Glad someone aggreed with me that it's working well...

Sent from my LT26w using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ejstubbs

Jul 6, 2011
Edinburgh
Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon: the internal SD card has filled up with CWM backups and other stuff, and nothing I do will get me any free space back. Deleting files using File Expert or other apps on the phone appears to work but the free space doesn't increase. Mounting the internal SD card to my Mac (using Doomlord's SD card mounter app) and deleting files that way achieves nothing as well. The files go, but the space doesn't come back.

Is this is bug with JB on the Acro S, or something specific to my phone - perhaps carried over from ICS because I upgraded using Sony Bridge for Mac rather than flashing an ftf to start from scratch?
Just reflash if you have unlocked bootloader... Try root explorer to delete files...

I don't have an unlocked bootloader; my understanding is that, if I had, updating using Sony Bridge for Mac (ie the Mac equivalent of PC Companion) would have failed in a bad way. I don't need an unlocked bootloader in order to flash an ftf, I've done that several times using Flashtool. I tried a number of different file explorer apps (all with root) and the result was always the same: files were deleted but the free space did not increase :( But thanks for playing, do come back and try again :)

In the end the only way to get the phone to recognise the increased free space on the internal SD card was to reboot it.

I tracked the sudden disappearance of space on the internal SD card to the hidden .thumbnails folder in the DCIM folder. This had more data in it that I had photos on my external SD card, which seems stupid. I've deleted the folder and created a file called .thumbnails in the DCIM folder. This seems to have prevented the .thumbnails folder from being created, and doesn't seem to cause any problems with apps like the camera or the gallery. Googling suggests that this is a common problem on many Android devices, so it would appear to be Google's fault, not Sony's. It looks like it's a new "feature" in Jellybean; it certainly wasn't happening when I was running ICS. It seems idiotic for Google suddenly to decide that it's OK to occupy 25% of my internal SD card with hidden metadata files that provide no visible benefit whatsoever :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    002700rzhdhth40te0veet.png

CDA for LT26i:1257-6919
    CDA for LT26w:1266-4530

FTF download:
    LT26i:
    https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=4eO2vcz41tbkjZ68fZj9LUdPc1Lz/DFOnW+zfNJtSGw=&locale=ru
    https://mega.co.nz/#!fgRFnajT!CYAtOiVhIjeSR6Uit7ZdvHmwRqVXN80u_kXNc7u_wSo
    http://depositfiles.com/files/irynq72v1
    LT26w:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2QH2-xGRWYDQW9seXQycHo1Vlk/edit

Full change log from Sony:

Inclusive of some stability and performance improvements, here are some additional improvements and fixes.

Camera:
    -Addressed an abnormality in the white balance
    -Improved the Quick Launch button functionality
    -Smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag

For apps, services & data:
    -Streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
    -Boosted connection stability for 2G network data
    -Ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot – not a common problem, but we understand it can be a frustrating one!

For battery:
    -Economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
    -Corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low

And for hardware & UI:
    -Introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
    -Made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
    how about something better?

Xperia S JB 6.2.B.1.86 is now rooted for both locked & unlocked bootloaders!

details coming shortly :)

802718264.png
    right so downloading update :)

Xperia S

q1B_IgDmdd8g3E9pmNqh4k2j3FaMZx9KAEJcrIjhLow
    Uploadig for Xperia S

1080p video fixed! :D
    As an ion user...this is my reaction

uploadfromtaptalk1377282030354.jpg

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!