[6 Feb]MAG/CE SD MarkinuX HD ExtraClean V1.71b[fast, small, DesHD-WO Sense, DailyUse]

Search This thread

Markinus

Dec 12, 2007
THANKS A MILLION MATE....

P/S.
The reason behind asking to have a ROM with the classical SD files ( system.ext2 + data.img ), is that most of us have a ready data.img files, preinstalled with the important applications that we used to use upon trying new ROMs..

great that this is working now.
The data stuff can by very different between the builds. Its very recommendable to use a new datastorage for every build!!! Else you can have crashes etc.

Markinus

Dec 12, 2007
usb mode not work...
how to fix, pls...
sr 4 bad English! :(

USB MASS STORAGE MODE IS DANGEROUS IF YOU BOOT FROM SD!
You boot from SD and then you will export this card over USB, if the system will use the data or system then it crash or corrupt you sd card!
For all SD Builds use MAGLDR mass storage or wince to copy files there.

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net
USB MASS STORAGE MODE IS DANGEROUS IF YOU BOOT FROM SD!
You boot from SD and then you will export this card over USB, if the system will use the data or system then it crash or corrupt you sd card!

Well,
That's one od the reasons why I've been asking for a classical SD version, because, I usually copy files to SD card without any problems at all !
Besides, here we lost the option to mount/unmount the SD card also, which usually works normally on other SD version :D

Last edited:

Markinus

Dec 12, 2007
Well,
That's one od the reasons why I've been asking for a classical SD version, because, I usually copy files to SD card without any problems at all !
Besides, here we lost the option to mount/unmount the SD card also, which usually workis normally on other SD version :D

It is not realy working. It's dirty and absolutly dangerous.

arizmin

Jun 7, 2007
just installed... smooth and no lag at all.. haven't test full yet.. so far phone call with robotic voice and FC...??

I'm using the SD version..

ATomCZ

Mar 20, 2008
Prague
I'm not able to run MAGLDR SD version, it hangs on green HTC logo. Is possible run this build also from sub folder or it must be in the root of SD card only? Why this build doesn't use standard file layout like other builds?

UPDATE: From root of SD card it works, interesting build. I missing only percentage in batery icon and more icon in power menu.

Last edited:

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
NotWorking:
- Customize in settings because it's sense connected. You can change background etc. with the long press on desktop.
- USB MASS STORAGE MODE
IT IS DANGEROUS TO USE THIS IF YOU BOOT FROM SD! You boot from SD and then you will export this card over USB, if the system will use the data or system then it crash or corrupt you sd card!

Will one of those multi-mount apps solve this? ie the ones where it enables you to access your SD card via phone aswell?

cephasara

May 8, 2008
I love this build but I have three problems:

1.) Phone freezes up when I send or receive calls for a minute before I can talk or hear the other person.
2.) Browser crashes (as already stated).
3.) Lags like crazy. I am using MAGLDR with a 16GB class 6 card. I tried closing many services using built in manager but still no better.

Thanks!

cephasara

May 8, 2008
Load into RAM

Does anybody know how I could go about getting this to boot from RAM? How much work is involved? Thanks.

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
I love this build but I have three problems:

1.) Phone freezes up when I send or receive calls for a minute before I can talk or hear the other person.
2.) Browser crashes (as already stated).
3.) Lags like crazy. I am using MAGLDR with a 16GB class 6 card. I tried closing many services using built in manager but still no better.

Thanks!

1-+1 - the phone call freezes ..
2-+1
3- on the contrary, the ROM is extra smooth for me !

but finally I left it back to my old ROM till we find a solution for the phone call problems....

cephasara

May 8, 2008
1-+1 - the phone call freezes ..
2-+1
3- on the contrary, the ROM is extra smooth for me !

but finally I left it back to my old ROM till we find a solution for the phone call problems....

Well the ROM is smooth up until it has to load anything. Sometimes it takes upwards of 10 seconds to load just simple popup menus.

I wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong. It seems like it's a I/O bottleneck with the SD card my assumption would be. Every time I download apps the phone becomes unbearably slow.

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
Well the ROM is smooth up until it has to load anything. Sometimes it takes upwards of 10 seconds to load just simple popup menus.

I wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong. It seems like it's a I/O bottleneck with the SD card my assumption would be. Every time I download apps the phone becomes unbearably slow.

I think it is related to the files systems used here and the new combination of system.ext3 and userdata.ext3 compared to system.ext2 and data.img in other builds ( never had problems with other builds using the conventional files till now )...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I released a SD Version of my ROM.
    The Idea behind it is a mix from HTC Hardwarelibs/Settings and APPs but without Sense. The Build is based on a new Desire HD Build (Android 2.2.1). I removed all HTC Widgeds, Sensestuff, etc. But I let some Apps, like Camera, Album, Musicplayer, Clock, EMail, Messanger, Keyboard, Twitter, etc. and you have the HTC System stuff, like the USB connection Menu. It's very nice and fast. As launcher is the Gingerbread Launcher installed.
    Try it with e.g. Launcher Pro, Fancy Widget and Smooth Calender.

Working:
    All

NotWorking:
    - Customize in settings because it's sense connected. You can change background etc. with the long press on desktop.
    - USB MASS STORAGE MODE
    IT IS DANGEROUS TO USE THIS IF YOU BOOT FROM SD! You boot from SD and then you will export this card over USB, if the system will use the data or system then it crash or corrupt you sd card!

- You need MAGLDR 1.11/WINCE
    - SD Build
    - Kernel is almost stock from our git.
    - Android 2.21
    - No OC or such stuff
    - Interactive gouvernor
    - completly cleaned initrd
    - correct file rights
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - new busybox with many new system commands

It's made for daily use.
    5mA standby
    8mA with Bluetooth

Verison 1.71b:
    - fixed boot problems on some sd cards
    - seperate downloads for magldr and wince users

Download Version 1.7.1b for MAGLDR users:
    - Extract the archive to the root of sd. Run magldr, boot AD from sd.
    http://www.multiupload.com/V1XATECDLU

Download Version 1.7.1b for WinCE users:
    - extract to sd, run clrcad and then run haret
    http://www.multiupload.com/AXY46IEWNN

I attached a 1GB userdata if someone need it
    I'd like to try but I have WP7 in NAND and MAGLDR 1.12. Would it work? Or I really need MAGLDR 1.13.

hmm, right, for sd version 1.13 is not needed. 1.11 should be enough
    The folder is android and yeap i changed it in the boot settings

Select <.> and not Android, since the zImage and initrd.gz are in the root folder on the SD card.
    Converted to classical SD-WinMo Version Successfully !

After many trials and errors, I managed to convert the ROM to a regular classical files SD ROM, here are the steps...

1-Download this ROM ...

2-Unzip it, prepare it as if you want to install it, with its 1 GB data.img but delete its zimage and system.ext2

3-from the ROM in this thread, take only two files:
    zimage ( replace it in the first ROM folder ).
    system.ext3 ( replace it in the first ROM folder ).

4-Rename the file system.ext3 to system.ext2

5-Transfer the ANDROID folder to your SD card then run CLRCAD then HARET...

But I am getting two problems now..
    1-camera does not work.
    2-getting a damaged SD card message...
    Nice to a see a good Rom from an Expert chef

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App