Question 6 Pro Pre-Order on Hold due to payment failure that didn't fail

Search This thread

cavediver

Jun 6, 2010
I received an email from the Google store this morning that my pre-order for a 6 pro was on hold due to a payment failure on my google store financing account. There was a link button to Fix Payment. Pressing that button brought up a screen that says that they could not fix the payment and to contact Google. I contacted Google Chat and was told to contact Synchrony Bank. I contacted Synchrony Bank and was told that Google charged my account on the 19th then returned the money to Synchrony this morning and tried to re-charge the account 8 times and Synchrony flagged the account for fraud. The Synchrony rep verified my purchase and unlocked my account. She said they were receiving a lot of calls this morning for the exact same thing. Any ideas how to fix this so Google doesn't cancel my pre-order?

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My advice if you're in a hurry to get a P6P;

Use an alternate source of funding and purchase another P6P.

If you ever get the initial device that is now "case in progress" return it within the 30-day no questions asked return period.

This is good advice. Once Google, (actually Ingram) says they are working on it...it could take forever and end bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you ever get the initial device that is now "case in progress" return it within the 30-day no questions asked return period.
    Bummer, be aggressive to resolve...

This is good advice. Once Google, (actually Ingram) says they are working on it...it could take forever and end bad.
    Good luck, I hope it works out quickly.