[6039] Custom Recovery - TWRP - 2.8.7.0

Search This thread

XdxH62

Jan 20, 2012
everything works fine so far. I'm just missing a piece of information. How do I _install_ this version? Is there a reason why you don't provide a zip file for it?
Thanks for your work!

CornelisJ

Nov 8, 2015
everything works fine so far. I'm just missing a piece of information. How do I _install_ this version? Is there a reason why you don't provide a zip file for it?

Assuming that fastboot is working or re-enabled, you have two options:
1) Boot into the TWRP recovery image, and leave the stock recovery intact => follow instructions in opening post of this thread
2) Flash the TWRP recovery image into your Idol3 6039 model, overwriting the Stock recovery image.

If you want to use option 2 you should use fastboot with option "flash" instead of "boot". In other words, you should then type:
fastboot -i 0x1bbb flash recovery twrp_recovery-2.8.7.0-idol347.img

After you have flashed TWRP into your phone, you can Boot to Recovery Mode as follows:
- Power Off your Idol 3
- Press Volume UP + POWER buttons at the same time

Last edited:
Reactions: XdxH62 and l36320

builderkage

Jan 26, 2015
Managua
please help, it doesn´t matter what i do, everytime i get this message (i can't use linux and have drivers by android sdk)

JordyXtz

Jul 24, 2014
João Pessoa
Screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-55-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-55-09.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-54-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-54-39.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-54-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-54-33.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 299

titub69

Mar 11, 2016
Hi everyone, thanks for your help!
I'm sorry, I'm a but confused, is there currently a way to root a 6039Y model, with Android 5.0.2-01007? I'm stuck with only 4Go of storage, and it's really not enough, a lot of applications crash. I've checked thanks to a command on Terminal Emulator, and I really have a 8Go chip, but I hope that with a rooted phone, I could manage better the storage!
Last question, does WinDroid 3.0 work for my model?
Thank you very much!

BeggarSifon

Mar 5, 2016
worked for 6039s

worked for my 6039s which had the latest update. респект братухе Петрову.

Azanath

May 24, 2014
Hi!

I have a strange problem

I can boot this recorvery by:

fastboot -i 0x1bbb boot twrp_recovery-2.8.7.0-idol347.img

And every think works fine.

But when i try to flash it by:

i got this:

target reported max download size of 268435456
sending 'recorvery' <11626 KB>...
OKAY [ 0.405s]
writing 'recorvery'
FAILED <remote: partition table doesnt't exist>
finished

What im doing wrong?
Is this possible to flash ROM (like CM12.1) in booted TWRP? or it must be flashed?

I Would be greatfull if someone could help me

A.A.

Edit:
Och... i wrote "recorvery" not "recovery" .... that's why i was the only one guy in whole universe having this problem :D

Now everything works fine ;)

Last edited:

futanarchy

Jan 2, 2016
I'm using model 6039S. I've installed this via kingroot and dd to circumvent the fastboot problems in my firmware. Unfortunately it seems this recovery cannot wipe cache or dalvik? /cache appears to be unmounted and i'm not sure where dalvik is

here are the results of calling "mount" from recovery

Code:
~ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=712376k,nr_inodes=157532,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=712376k,nr_inodes=157532)
adb on /dev/usb-ffs/adb type functionfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /external_sd type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 on /system type ext4 (rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered)
~ # mount -a #to mount everything listed in /etc/fstab
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 on /cache failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 on /data failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /usb-otg on vfat failed: No such file or directory

Last edited:

petrov.0

Aug 4, 2015
I'm using model 6039S. I've installed this via kingroot and dd to circumvent the fastboot problems in my firmware. Unfortunately it seems this recovery cannot wipe cache or dalvik? /cache appears to be unmounted and i'm not sure where dalvik is

here are the results of calling "mount" from recovery

Code:
~ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,size=712376k,nr_inodes=157532,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,seclabel,relatime)
selinuxfs on /sys/fs/selinux type selinuxfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,seclabel,relatime,size=712376k,nr_inodes=157532)
adb on /dev/usb-ffs/adb type functionfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /external_sd type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 on /system type ext4 (rw,seclabel,relatime,data=ordered)
~ # mount -a #to mount everything listed in /etc/fstab
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 on /cache failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 on /data failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /usb-otg on vfat failed: No such file or directory

Perhaps a different partition table ?!? What is the output from
Code:
ls -l /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/

stayboogy

Account currently disabled
Mar 12, 2013
6039s

anyone know why this recovery is yellow instead of blue? the images in the .img are blue but show yellow.

what gives?

Last edited:

maatty18

Apr 8, 2021
hola, tengo un alcatel idol 3 (4.7) instale el root con kingroot empezo a dar errores como en superusuario, o no me deja restaurar de fabrica el telefono, tampoco puedo entrar en modo recovery, queda colgado en el logo del alcatel,y cuando quiero actualizar con mobile upgrade de alcatel me sale error porque no encuentra el puerto com..... no tiene el recovery TWRP.. nunca me dejo instalar xq en el fastboot me sale faild.. que solucion pueden darme?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys/girls,

I have built successfully a TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery for Alcatel Idol 3 6039 4.7 inch (tested on 6039y). The recovery image can be downloaded from here:

Edit (30.09.2015): I think this will be the final version of the recovery. The date/time issue is fixed now and additionally small adjustments to the initialization process have been added.
    twrp_recovery-2.8.7.0-idol347.img
    md5sum: 175be787d67839d15beab7285279a72c

Please note that the latest OTA updates from the end of August and the start of September disable the fastboot commands which means that this recovery cannot be started as described below (if your device is already upgraded)!!! The device will return FAILED (remote: unknown command) when you try to boot the recovery.

If you find yourself in this situation but want root access please see this thread.

It can be tested as follows:
    - enable the developer options
    - allow the USB debugging
    - reboot to bootloader:
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    - start the recovery image with:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1bbb boot twrp_recovery-2.8.7.0-idol3-6039y.img
    Please do not forget first to make a backup of the system partition by selecting System Image from the Backup settings. The backup image will be needed in order to install future OTA updates if available, so please keep it in a safe place.

Assuming that fastboot is working or re-enabled, you have two options:
    1) Boot into the TWRP recovery image, and leave the stock recovery intact => follow instructions in opening post of this thread
    2) Flash the TWRP recovery image into your Idol3 6039 model, overwriting the Stock recovery image.

If you want to use option 2 you should use fastboot with option "flash" instead of "boot". In other words, you should then type:

After you have flashed TWRP into your phone, you can Boot to Recovery Mode as follows:
    - Power Off your Idol 3
    - Press Volume UP + POWER buttons at the same time
    Thanks a lot for everything, I'll try that tomorrow!!
    In the other thread you say

Do you mean the drivers I can find here: mobile-upgrade-q-4-8-7-setup.zip?

Yeah, you're gonna need that one, but, you will need an additional small set of files that contain fastboot.exe and adb.exe with a couple of windows drivers. I've attached it to this post. Jst unzip it, and run the install to an easy location. By default it goes in Program files (x86).

Also, Alcatel pushed an update that killed the ability to use Fastboot. If you cantopen a Command window, and type adb reboot-bootloader, then type adb devices to make sure you only have one device attached, then type fastboot devices. If you get some funky error, then you need to go to the Dev thread that has the fix for enabling Fastboot after recent OTA. It's pretty simple.

Then, you will have fastboot back.

If you've been around flashing as long as a lot of have, then you get used to OEMs changing the playing field to make it annoying for us.

My guess is that Alcatel saw that we were repartitioning the memory and other things (as they were using 16gb nanos to save reordering and manufacturing costs) and they were probably losing a little money. So, take away fastboot. :eek:

Oh, and make sure you have USB Debugging set to on in your phone settings under "Developer Options". If you haven't, then scroll down and rapidly tap the "build number" several time to enable the option.
    Hello.
    I've recently got this phone (6039Y) and had updated immediately to firmware 5.0.2/01005.
    I want to root it and to repartition the internal memory as you've shown in your precious guide, so before that I've followed this guide (for 6039Y with 8GB) for having back the fastboot commands.
    I haven't had any problems doing it, and if I keep pressing power button and volume up I get in recovery mode.
    In the Custom Recovery TWRP 2.8.7.0 thread you say "Please do not forget first to make a backup of the system partition by selecting System Image from the Backup settings. The backup image will be needed in order to install future OTA updates if available".
    How do I do that backup? In recovery I don't see a Backup voice (I have install from sd card, from adb, then wipe, reboot...)
    And after that how do I install TWRP recovery 2.8.7.0 so then I can flash the 6039Y_repartitioning.zip?
    Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I rooted my previous device ages ago and I really can't remember anything...
    Thanks for your job!

Sorry, I started writing it here, but now I realise I should have written to the Custom Recovery TWRP 2.8.7.0 thread...

Don't worry, I took the liberty of moving it into the proper thread.

In answer to your issues, I advise you to fastboot "boot" the correct TWRP recovery, and not actually flash it. Make sure the recovery is for your specific device (6039). That will be the one in the first post of this thread.

Note that it will take a few seconds for the TWRP recovery to actually display. Once TWRP is opened, Swipe the slider bar if prompted. The you can select the Backup button, and select what you wish to backup. In this case, you probably want "System". The backup button should be directly under the "Install" button.

Once that's done, you probably want to root it. Depending on what permutation of TWRP, you will either find an option to install SuperSU, or, you can attempt to exit out of TWRP and it will prompt you to install Superuser. It will give you 2 options, install from TWRP or Play. Use the TWRP option. Then reboot.

Depending on if you hold your mouth right, and the groundhog doesn't see his shadow, you may have to go to the Play Store and download the SuperSU app to get the GUI interface. This happened to me on my 6039, but not on my 6045.

Once that's done, and SuperSU works, then go back to TWRP and install the partitioning zip. Note that I have no need to use the zip, as I already have 16gb.
    First post has been updated with a link to a new recovery image for installation of modified updates.