• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General 61.0.A.11.92

Search This thread

steelmm

Jun 20, 2008
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes mine is running the latest and the screen on time is very poor.
I found the the screen drains double than of a Samsung handset in standby as well.
This is maybe due to the 4k panel used but the previous version was getting better sot results say 7.5 hrs this handset the mk iii is only 3 hrs with 20% left and I am running 60hz and battery saver even with a screen dimmer app.
It just about last the day with little gaming as well. I think this is the worst battery drain at present

elwuero

Sep 29, 2005
Sony Xperia 1 III
Vivo X70 Pro+
OK, how much longer? How long was I supposed to wait? After several minutes (I didn't time it) I gave up!
When I used the Xperia Companion it only took a few seconds just like 1/1 and 2/2.
i didn’t time it either but it took several minutes, maybe close to 5. i started to get worried after reading your post. but just waited and it completed and i got the restart prompt.

simonvfr

Jun 9, 2014
i didn’t time it either but it took several minutes, maybe close to 5. i started to get worried after reading your post. but just waited and it completed and i got the restart prompt.
I had the same experience. 2/3 was almost instant, 3/3 took maybe 5 or 6 minutes. I was concerned about the apparent lack of progress, but managed to resist intervening by (say) rebooting. Hope this reassures anyone yet to get the update.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I have noticed that the fingerprint sensor is NOT quite as sensitive as it was prior to this .92 update. I am not saying this is bad because it still works just fine. You just have to place your finger a little more "solidly" or "accurately" on the sensor. Before all you had to do is think about touching it and it worked. I think this is a good thing so as to limit unnecessary touches while removing the phone from your pocket!

Reactions: decomposed

decomposed

Feb 21, 2011
Wrocław, Poland
Sony Xperia 1 III
I have noticed that the fingerprint sensor is NOT quite as sensitive as it was prior to this .92 update. I am not saying this is bad because it still works just fine. You just have to place your finger a little more "solidly" or "accurately" on the sensor. Before all you had to do is think about touching it and it worked. I think this is a good thing so as to limit unnecessary touches while removing the phone from your pocket!
I can confirm the issue with fingerprint sensor on this build. It works much worse for me and now many times I have to pass a code because it fails with fingerprint sensor :(

Is sony testing it at all?

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Like is said, mine still works just fine but you have to place your finger more squarely on the sensor. So for me it eliminates the false presses when pulling it out of my pocket. Have you tried to delete and redo your fingerprints? Maybe that will help?
I wanted to add that the super sensitivity of the sensor is still as good as it was before the update when using it for a banking app, or any other app that requires fingerprint access. It only is a little less sensitive when unlocking the phone. It works great for me. It has never failed me yet!

Last edited:

MrZippo

Oct 28, 2008
London
Anyone had any issues with the fingerprint sensor not working on the rare occasion forcing you to unlock with the code? Once unlocked and locked the fingerprint sensor works again

c2cancer

Feb 13, 2008
If dont have OTA update, let's use Xperia Companion on PC (not MAC). It worked with mine.
Also, fingerprint sensor is suck on 1m3. Before and even after I updated to latest version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if anyone else experienced it, but my battery life has been noticably better since this update.
    Hi,
    new version of software was released in some regions for mark III:

Looks like just a security patch and nothing else. Too bad stubborn sony still does not post the changelog :/
    Looks better than "just a security patch" from the translation here:

Sony Xperia officially announced the Xperia 1 III software update instructions today. The new version of the Xperia 1 III system software 61.0.A.11.92 will be released soon. This version is mainly for further optimization of the system temperature control algorithm, more in-depth optimization adjustments with reference to some popular games, and improvement of the stability of the network connection.

Source: https://tw.news.yahoo.com/sony-公佈-xperia-1-iii-043847507.html

Of course I could be wrong but the network stability is a welcome fix!

/Per
    Hi,
    new version of software was released in some regions for mark III:

Looks like just a security patch and nothing else. Too bad stubborn sony still does not post the changelog :/
    You can check my video here for details
    Note that the 2 UK builds you see are for the 1IIIs sold by EE & O2 , which are tied to these networks. The 1 III not tied to any network, which I have, hasn't been updated as yet. Customized UK is still on 61.0.A.11.23. I'm still waiting for the update.
    Thanks for the clarification. Being from the US I do not entirely know about all the various UK carriers.