* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you.
 */

Highlights:

*. ThunderCharge Control – A driver to control the charging current rate
*. Custom Gestures – Full Utilization of various wakeup gestures supported by Touchscreen of Yureka
*. Vibration Intensity Control: Let’s you adjust the intensity at which your phone vibrates
*. ThunderPlug – A Dynamic Hotplug Driver for Yureka.
*. Multi-level Endurance Mode
*. Suspend CPUs adjustment
*. KCAL Color Control
*. Smart kernel-ramdisk patching makes the kernel compatible with all available ROMs within a single package (including MIUI, CM12)

Full Feature List:
*. ThunderCharge Control - A driver to control the charging current rate
*. Custom Gestures - Full Utilization of various wakeup gestures supported by Touchscreen of Yureka
*. Gestures available: Double Tap, Sweep Right, Left, Up, Down, Draw letter M, O, E, C, W on touchscreen to wake.
*. Vibration Intensity Control: Let's you adjust the intensity at which your phone vibrates
*. ThunderPlug - A Dynamic Hotplug Driver for Yureka - Takes down all seven cores when phone goes to sleep leading to significant battery savings.
*. Dynamic Fsync - A driver originally written by faux123, adapted for Linux 3.10 - Disables Fsync when phone is being used causing significant IO boost.
*. Additional IOSchedulers: BFQ v7r6(recommended),FIOPS
*. zSwap support - A Virtual compressed memory pool - Can be used as a swapping devices for extra RAM.
*. Samsung's F2FS support
*. Disabled MMC CRC check for extra 30% boost in IO
*. Upgraded 'random' module to Linux 3.18 with various other patches for improved entropy seeding
*. Added /dev/frandom support viz The Fast Random number generator - an alternative to stock 'random'
*. Upgraded ondemand governor to Linux 3.18
*. A Lot of debugging code stripped down for lower kernel footprint.
*. Fixes: Crashing of simple_ondemand GPU governor

Control: 95% of the features can be controlled with my app to work with this kernel, the ThunderZap Control. The ones which cannot be controlled will be elaborated in Post #3

Downloads: Mirror 1

Kernel source: https://github.com/varunchitre15/thunderzap_tomato

Forum CrossLinking: Yu Official Forums

XDA:DevDB Information
ThunderZap Kernel, Kernel for the YU Yureka

Contributors
varun.chitre15
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-02-20
Last Updated 2015-05-11

sandebal1

Oct 31, 2014
How to flash on Stock CM11 with stock recovery?

How to flash this KErnel on Stock CM with Stock recovery

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
Does this kernel generate last_kmsg when random reboot occurs? stock kernel has some issue with randon reboots

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo_zps2065a3d0.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

Highlights:

*. ThunderCharge Control – A driver to control the charging current rate
    *. Custom Gestures – Full Utilization of various wakeup gestures supported by Touchscreen of Yureka
    *. Vibration Intensity Control: Let’s you adjust the intensity at which your phone vibrates
    *. ThunderPlug – A Dynamic Hotplug Driver for Yureka.
    *. Multi-level Endurance Mode
    *. Suspend CPUs adjustment
    *. KCAL Color Control
    *. Smart kernel-ramdisk patching makes the kernel compatible with all available ROMs within a single package (including MIUI, CM12)

Full Feature List:
    *. ThunderCharge Control - A driver to control the charging current rate
    *. Custom Gestures - Full Utilization of various wakeup gestures supported by Touchscreen of Yureka
    *. Gestures available: Double Tap, Sweep Right, Left, Up, Down, Draw letter M, O, E, C, W on touchscreen to wake.
    *. Vibration Intensity Control: Let's you adjust the intensity at which your phone vibrates
    *. ThunderPlug - A Dynamic Hotplug Driver for Yureka - Takes down all seven cores when phone goes to sleep leading to significant battery savings.
    *. Dynamic Fsync - A driver originally written by faux123, adapted for Linux 3.10 - Disables Fsync when phone is being used causing significant IO boost.
    *. Additional IOSchedulers: BFQ v7r6(recommended),FIOPS
    *. zSwap support - A Virtual compressed memory pool - Can be used as a swapping devices for extra RAM.
    *. Samsung's F2FS support
    *. Disabled MMC CRC check for extra 30% boost in IO
    *. Upgraded 'random' module to Linux 3.18 with various other patches for improved entropy seeding
    *. Added /dev/frandom support viz The Fast Random number generator - an alternative to stock 'random'
    *. Upgraded ondemand governor to Linux 3.18
    *. A Lot of debugging code stripped down for lower kernel footprint.
    *. Fixes: Crashing of simple_ondemand GPU governor

Control: 95% of the features can be controlled with my app to work with this kernel, the ThunderZap Control. The ones which cannot be controlled will be elaborated in Post #3

Downloads: Mirror 1

Kernel source: https://github.com/varunchitre15/thunderzap_tomato

Forum CrossLinking: Yu Official Forums

XDA:DevDB Information
    ThunderZap Kernel, Kernel for the YU Yureka

Contributors
    varun.chitre15
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2015-05-11
    Highlights:

- 64-bit support with all features from previous releases maintained for new code.
    - Introducing highly customizable load-based ThunderPlug 2.5
    - Significantly improved thermal mitigation for cooler UX
    - Glove Mode
    - Faster Bootup.

ThunderPlug 2.5

The need for a perfect hotplugging solution on the Yureka was inevitable. Keeping all the 8 Cores online caused a big toll on power consumption and caused unbearable heat generation. The solutions available out there viz intelli_plug, msm_hotplug, they work but not as they should! Instead cause more performance regression at the cost of hotplugging.

So I brought up ThunderPlug which provided fascinating options like ability to select cpus to keep alive when phone is in suspended state, endurance mode which allowed to put your device into Quad Core and Dual Core modes. However, it lacked load-based hotplugging capability but not anymore!

With this release, I present you ThunderPlug 2.5 - a matured load-based hotplug driver with breathtaking customizations written from ground up by me considering the Yureka's dual cluster CPUs.

Features:

- Load threshold customizations - ThunderPlug works on core-by-core basis. It checks the load on a core and if it exceeds the value set here, it plugs in next available core

- Sampling rate - Defines the time with how fast the load on the cores is refreshed. Lower time can have a more refined and accurate hotplugging but can also cause a slightly higher power consumption

- Touch Boost - Touch boost is a feature which when enabled, brings the whole Cluster 1 online as soon as you touch the screen to give you smoothest experience.

What happens to endurance mode?

It will continue to work as it should but wit full co-operation with the load-based hotplugging. e.g If you use Endurance Mode - level 1, it will make your device quad core. In that case load-based hotplugging will only be executed on the 4 cores which are online.

You can customize all these parameters using my app ThunderZap Control

64-Bit Support and Compatibility

As always, this release packs in my Universal Compatibility Mechanism. You can flash this kernel on any 64-bit Android 5.0/5.1 ROM

Glove Mode

The Touchscreen on the Yureka does support Glove Mode! How to use it? Flash the kernel and fire up my app, go to Screen section.

Visit first post for downloads

My favorite spot:
    Hotplug Load : 55%
    Sampling Rate : 550ms
    Governor: ondemand
    IOScheduler : bfq
    ThunderZap 3.0

- ThunderPlug 1.5 with –
    * Multi-level Endurance Mode – Level 1 turns your device to Quad Core Device in Real Time, Level 2 turns to Dual Core Mode. All hail power savings.
    * Suspend CPUs adjustment – Select number of cores to keep online when phone sleeps
    – KCAL Color Control – Red, Green , Blue Color spectrum elements adjustment, Invert Display, Saturation adjustment, Contrast adjustment, GrayScale switch, Hue adjustment.
    - Packs my own mechanism of Smart kernel-ramdisk patching making this kernel compatible with all ROMs out there (MIUI, CM12 etc). Just wipe the /cache partition and flash the zip in recovery, everything else will be taken care of ;)
    – GPU drivers compiled with device specific Cortex-A53 optimizations
    – Big bunch of TCP congestion controls enabled viz:
    *. BIC
    *. Westwood (Default)
    *. Hybla
    *. HTCP
    *. HSTCP
    *. Vegas
    *. Scalable
    *. LP
    *. Veno
    *. Yeah
    *. Illinois
    - Upgraded to Linaro 4.8 toolchain.

Check first post for download link and the new app.