6T vs Samsung A50

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
I know the 6T is a fairly premium device with great features,decent battery,great SW etc,but it has some
Down sides

right now Samsung has released a new mid ranger with added benefits over the 6T minus the CPU and build,and few other things

Ip68 rating
Micro SD
Always on Display notifications
4000 mah battery
One UI SW similar to oxygenOS
2 Android version updates
Quarterly security

Is it crazy to want to swap my 6T for one of these.
Im really attracted to the features OnePlus don't have.The One UI software looks great,don't see how I'd be losing anything in Software at least

keaheng

Feb 19, 2013
Cambodia
Ip68 rating: the last time i dropped my ohone in the water was 3 years ago.
Micro SD: move on.
Always on Display notifications: magisk
4000 mah battery: not a deal breaker.
One UI SW similar to oxygenOS: 50/50
2 Android version updates: oneplus does a better job.
Quarterly security

Found no reason to put in to the comparison

pandachee3

May 31, 2018
Ip rating to me just words. Im not gonna take my phone in the toilet or shower. SD card, if you getting 256gb version of OnePlus you won't need a sd card lol.

3700 battery can last me at least one day, if not charging is omg fast. Before I went to shower phone was at 28 percent come out of my shower(around 20 mins) phone and s at 85 percent.

OnePlus does update pretty quickly at least faster than Samsung?

I hope you get my point by now.

Good luck for choosing one of the device you asked for.

PM: I don't work for OnePlus I just give you for what I thought.

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im really attracted to the features OnePlus don't have.The One UI software looks great,don't see how I'd be losing anything in Software at least

In a single sentence.
Yes, you are crazy to even think of swapping a 6T for any mid level device.
You are crazy for swapping a 6T for any Samsung device.

Reactions: jomansch

manus31

May 7, 2016
In a single sentence.

I think that's one point of view definitely and I would agree with you 50% but you can't argue that other company's, Xiaomi,now even Samsung are offering a lot more or equal at less of a price

Having used OnePlus since the release of the 3,I'm worried OnePlus is gone off track with there ever rising prices sometimes bad decisions

The in screen fingerprint for example shouldn't of been in the 6T,why take away the LED also.

Hope the 7 is gonna have the newer faster in screen fingerprint sensor,led and a more appealing price

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
I know the 6T is a fairly premium device with great features,decent battery,great SW etc,but it has some
Down sides

right now Samsung has released a new mid ranger with added benefits over the 6T minus the CPU and build,and few other things

Ip68 rating
Micro SD
Always on Display notifications
4000 mah battery
One UI SW similar to oxygenOS
2 Android version updates
Quarterly security

LOL

Seems to me like a bad April fools joke!
:silly:

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think that's one point of view definitely and I would agree with you 50% but you can't argue that other company's, Xiaomi,now even Samsung are offering a lot more or equal at less of a price

Having used OnePlus since the release of the 3,I'm worried OnePlus is gone off track with there ever rising prices sometimes bad decisions

The in screen fingerprint for example shouldn't of been in the 6T,why take away the LED also.

Hope the 7 is gonna have the newer faster in screen fingerprint sensor,led and a more appealing price

What is Samsung offering with a SD45 at equal or less?
Now would be the SD55, but you get my point.

The FP sensor under screen isn't any worse than Samsung. I've seen the complaints about the S10.
The rising prices reflect the additional cost of components and R&D. They are still offer flagship like phones for less than Google, Samsung, LG, etc.

Sophia92

Jan 23, 2015
I give A50 a year (and I am generous) before lags will drive users crazy because your device will be slower after every single samsung update... If you want lags, locked bootloader and lack of any basic stuff you are used to while using ubl phones with a not-so-good-looking sugary coat samsung provides to amaze the users for almost the same price, go for it.
My personal problem, OneUI looks good on certain images, but I found it ridiculous on a phone in my hand. I just don't like that launcher, that icon shape, that colors, that bar on the bottom even if they made it thin, I am so into the real gesture navigation that I see all the other options just not good enough.
I am a customization freak, I tried every single customization option on the market since I use android phones, and guess what I use on Oneplus: stock launcher, stock round icons.

ivanov13

Mar 19, 2012
From my experience Sammy latts laggy after some period of time and I've had a good number of them: Note 2, 3,5; S4, 7,8. Its unknown how One UI will behave in a long run.

OnePlus provides better software experience and
can be easy unlocked and tweaked to your liking. Samsung won't give you that option.

champ784

May 31, 2013
Richmond
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 3a
Don't get my wrong, Samsung has definitely stepped up their game in recent years. But their failure rates are certainly higher than any other manufacturer in terms of long-term support, and OnePlus' track record stands for itself when it comes to dependability. I know not everyone thinks that, but the numbers don't lie. This isn't including the fact that OnePlus is a huge supporter of third party development vs other brands that spend millions on ensuring you can't break their software restrictions if you ever decide to pull that trigger and make your own choice (with the exception of the source of the fingerprint scanner for the 6T... But then again, no product is perfect). Like I said, Samsung has gotten better, and it probably won't be a bad purchase overall vs purchasing Samsung 2 years ago. But OnePlus is a brand that's pushing barriers that other brands have been reluctant or even outright hostile to go towards themselves.

The choice is ultimately up to you and people who get downright rude or hostile about switching need to chill. But I personally would say to consider the trade offs of the long-term functionality of your device before switching. If you're someone who doesn't use a device past a year: sure you can get a pretty good deal, I'm sure. But if you want longevity, I'd say OnePlus is your best bet, especially if you're trying to stay cost-efficient with your devices.

manus31

May 7, 2016
Don't get my wrong, Samsung has definitely stepped up their game in recent years. But their failure rates are certainly higher than any other manufacturer in terms of long-term support, and OnePlus' track record stands for itself when it comes to dependability. I know not everyone thinks that, but the numbers don't lie. This isn't including the fact that OnePlus is a huge supporter of third party development vs other brands that spend millions on ensuring you can't break their software restrictions if you ever decide to pull that trigger and make your own choice (with the exception of the source of the fingerprint scanner for the 6T... But then again, no product is perfect). Like I said, Samsung has gotten better, and it probably won't be a bad purchase overall vs purchasing Samsung 2 years ago. But OnePlus is a brand that's pushing barriers that other brands have been reluctant or even outright hostile to go towards themselves.

The choice is ultimately up to you and people who get downright rude or hostile about switching need to chill. But I personally would say to consider the trade offs of the long-term functionality of your device before switching. If you're someone who doesn't use a device past a year: sure you can get a pretty good deal, I'm sure. But if you want longevity, I'd say OnePlus is your best bet, especially if you're trying to stay cost-efficient with your devices.

Yes I understand what you are saying. Oneplus does have a good track record but lately they have slacked IMO.Updates now consist of meaningless OnePlus app updates with no new features.Back with the OnePlus 3 the updates would be featureful with plenty of fixes, optimisations etc.Now OnePlus is not a budget device and people generally buy the phones for software and there has been nothing to get excited about with the 6T at all in the betas offered so far

Now the a50 is half the price and addresses certain problems that the 6T has such as AOD for notifications and has additional hardware features,better display,bigger battery and I'm pretty sure Samsung will offer 2 Android versions no problem, not as Quick as Oneplus,but I still think it's an appealing alternative. And OnePlus has also slowed down with the stable releases

manus31

May 7, 2016
What was I thinking.just bordem I think. Will wait for the op7 and see if it's worth an upgrade. Might just stick with the 6T till next year wen I typically change phones every 2 years.

I now submit that the 6T is a far superior device than the a50,got a look at it and it's made of plastic or glass tic as they call it, I like the software though of One UI and OnePlus needs to add some new features to keep me happy,maybe this will happen with the 7,they will need to address the led situation though and gv us AOD in oxygen OS

GDane1

Jul 4, 2017
From my experience Sammy latts laggy after some period of time and I've had a good number of them: Note 2, 3,5; S4, 7,8. Its unknown how One UI will behave in a long run.

OnePlus provides better software experience and
can be easy unlocked and tweaked to your liking. Samsung won't give you that option.
And that's why I switched to the OnePlus 6T because Samsung devices are just boring. Overly priced we can't do nothing with them equals boredom.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In a single sentence.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone