☆★☆ [7.0][FIRMWARE/RUU] Verizon HTC One M9 Nougat 4.49.605.16 Resources ☆★☆

Search This thread

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Sd card process, is the same process as Ruu process on the first page.

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Reactions: mikeataol

imonxda

Jan 26, 2016
Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade firmware from 4.49.605.xx down to 3.xx.605.xx IF you are S-Off?

imonxda

Jan 26, 2016
@santod040 If you're still around and not sick of answering Qs :) would you know the above or below?
I guess no one looks at this thread anymore, but I'm gonna ask another question anyway, maybe I'll get lucky:
Why is it on the M8 when formatting DATA where you have to type "yes", it will wipe TWRP config in SDCARD/TWRP, but on the M9 formatting DATA does not wipe TWRP config? Same with wiping Internal using advanced wipe in TWRP does not wipe TWRP config on M9, but it does on M8.

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
@santod040 If you're still around and not sick of answering Qs :) would you know the above or below?
I guess no one looks at this thread anymore, but I'm gonna ask another question anyway, maybe I'll get lucky:
Why is it on the M8 when formatting DATA where you have to type "yes", it will wipe TWRP config in SDCARD/TWRP, but on the M9 formatting DATA does not wipe TWRP config? Same with wiping Internal using advanced wipe in TWRP does not wipe TWRP config on M9, but it does on M8.
On a lunch break and just going from long ago memories:
If I recall correctly, the M9 has A/B partitioning.
Which gives Twrp somewhere to store persistent configs.
On the M8, when you wipe all, it's wiping your only partition, which is the only place for the config file to live.
Hope that answers your question.

imonxda

Jan 26, 2016
On a lunch break and just going from long ago memories:
If I recall correctly, the M9 has A/B partitioning.
Which gives Twrp somewhere to store persistent configs.
On the M8, when you wipe all, it's wiping your only partition, which is the only place for the config file to live.
Hope that answers your question.
Hope you're enjoying your lunch :) You get back to me whenever you got time, and thank you.

If it has A/B partitions, would that explain why installing anything that has to do with flashing a boot image or recovery image using TWRP does not work? Examples:

Flashing systemless root with SuperSU or Magisk does not work. It flashes the installer and the log shows that it is patching and flashing the boot image, but after reboot no root - the only way I'm able to get root is to patch the boot image with magisk app, then use fastboot to flash the patched boot image.

Using TWRP to flash boot .img feature doesn't work. I cannot use TWRP to flash boot image or recovery image, it's super annoying. When I do, the flashing process gives no errors, it completes, but after reboot the boot or recovery partition is unchanged.

Installing a rom that has systemless root installer does not work - same behavior, install seems to go fine, but after reboot, no root.

However, using fastboot to flash boot or recovery works fine. Yes, I've tried many different TWRP versions.
You think it's the lastest Nougat firmware that's causing this behaviour? Which brings me to my other Q I asked a while back:

Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade firmware from 4.49.605.xx down to 3.xx.605.xx IF you are S-Off?

I'd like to get Marshmallow firmware so I can have MultiROM - MR does not work on this Nougat firmware, probably because MR TWRP can't inject the MR trampoline boot menu into boot image for the same mysterious reason as it can't flash boot or recovery images, even tho MR TWRP and MR flash installer all work and install fine and have no errors. I have another M9 (Sprint) that still has old MM firmware and MR works fine on that, so does flashing .img with TWRP for boot and recovery.

BTW, this M9 with N firmware is VZW. Comparing the Download Mode and BootLoader screens for Sprint VS VZW, I notice for Sprint it says "UNLOCKED" and S-Off, but VZW says "LOCKED" and S-OFF - have I not unlocked something on the VZW when I did S-Off? I used XTC2Clip to S-Off the Nougat VZW M9, but I used Sunshine to S-Off the MM Sprint.

imonxda

Jan 26, 2016
@santod040 Sorry, please dissregard all of the above. I've had the M8 for so many years and now on this M9 I'm not used to the differences - my problem was bootloader was locked, even tho I have S-Off. All I did was follow instructions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...loader-without-htcdev-s-off-required.3092036/
Now all problems described above are gone - I can install boot and recovery img with TWRP, and MultiROM works :)
Sorry for all the paragraphs above, I'm just a jackass sometimes, but I usually learn fast. This post also serves the purpose for all those other jackasses that don't try first to find the answers they seek on their own, this post should lead them unlock bootloader is NOT the same as S-Off, or, getting S-Off does NOT automatically unlock the bootloader.

Thanks again for answering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ☆★☆ [7.0][FIRMWARE/RUU] Verizon HTC One M9 Nougat 4.49.605.16 Resources ☆★☆

Nougat for the Verizon HTC One M9
    STOCK FIRMWARE ZIPS AND RUU
    YOU MUST BE S-OFF TO USE ANY OF THESE FILES ***EXCEPT THE RUU

HTC-ONE-M9-Nougat-OTA.jpg

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device.
    This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.

Current Software Update Benefits
    Software Version: 4.49.605.16
    Android® Security Patch Level: 2017-11-01, including Krack security patch

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your HTC One M9.
    Android® 7.0 Nougat improves your mobile experience with new battery-smart features and multitasking enhancements.
    This update also includes the latest Android security updates and bug fixes.

Use two apps at same time with multi-window view:

To activate multi-window view, touch and hold the Recent Apps button.
    Whichever app you're currently using will go to the top of the screen on your HTC One M9, with a list of recent apps along the bottom.
    Select the second app you want to use from the list.
    Drag the divider to resize the app windows, or to maximize either active app.

Split-screen view:

Multitasking has never been easier, use 2 apps on screen at the same time.

To enable Split-screen mode (Portrait orientation):

Touch and hold the Recent Apps button.
    Tap and hold the app you want to use and drag it to the top of your screen.
    To use an app on the bottom screen:
    Swipe up or down through your recent apps.
    Tap the app you want to use.
    If you have one app open, you can also switch to Split-screen view by tapping and holding the Recent Apps button, and your current app will move to the top half of the screen.

Data saver:

With Android Nougat on the HTC One M9, you can now enable Data Saver to restrict specific apps from using data in the background.
    Under the Data Usage menu, open Data Saver and slide or tap it on.
    You can then go through a list of apps installed on your device, and enable background data for each one you want.

Easier Settings app navigation:

When in Settings, you can quickly hop between various sections by dragging in from the left edge.
    Settings are broken down into the same categories as the main list, but using the slide-out menu eliminates the need to tap the back button, scroll, and then select another setting category.

Quicker multi-tasking:

You can now double-tap the Recent Apps button to quickly switch between your two most recently used apps.
    For example, if you're writing an email in Gmail™ but need to look something up, you can open Chrome™, find and copy a link, then double-tap the recent apps button and your HTC One M9 will switch back to Gmail.

Reply with speed:

You can now reply directly in notifications from apps like Facebook Messenger, Hangouts, or Messenger directly, so you can have a conversation without having to bounce between apps.

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS:

FIRMWARE ZIPS ARE IN POST #2
    NO RED TEXT and FAUX LOCKED ABOOTS ARE IN POST #3http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65358023&postcount=3http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65358023&postcount=3
    FULL SIGNED RUUs ARE IN POST #4 (can be used with S-Off and S-On)

ROM DOWNLOADS:

POSTED HERE

Standard Disclaimer:
    Code:
    You are aware that writing to your devices' partitions increases your risks.
    You understand and agree that i cannot be held responsible for such or any other damages.
    The flash process is theoretically safe and tested.
    However you are the brains behind the wheel and you are solely responsible for the execution of the processes.
    I will not accept any responsibility.
    I only provide access to the files and the information and you choose to execute them or not.
    You understand that you should not use any files from here, if you are not willing to accept the risk.

Rom and Firmware 101

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ ☆ [6.0][FIRMWARE/RUU] Verizon HTC One M9 Nougat 4.49.605.16 Resources ☆ ★, ROM for the Verizon HTC One (M9)

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 4.49.605.16
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-11

Created 2016-02-16
    Last Updated 2018-01-26
    Firmware zips

FIRMWARE
    YOU MUST BE S-OFF TO USE ANY OF THESE FILES

How to manually flash firmware zips:
    (sd card method also works, but I recommend fastboot)

• Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
    • Put the device in fastboot(bootloader) mode
    • (Volume down and power until menu appears, select bootloader using power button, Download Mode works as well on the m9)
    • Connect the device to the computer
    • Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
    • fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
    • fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (rename file to firmware.zip to make it simple/optional)
    • It will say that the update did not finish, to flush again, so repeat the above step:
    • fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Important: the flash process halts at around 75% to 90% on phone screen! This is normal and a safety precaution!
    The last few percent is the reboot, which is NOT happening automatically, so you get a chance to check the console output before reboot to make sure it is safe to reboot!
    The bar will only fill up to 100% once you type the following command:

• fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

If your current fastboot isn't working/throws errors, please use the HTC fastboot in the zip below:
    HTC_fastboot.zip
    Replace existing commands with the HTC_fastboot prefix.
    So for example, instead of:
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    You would do this instead:
    Code:
    HTC_fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

To be applied in RUU Mode/Fastboot flashable zips:

NOUGAT

4.49.605.16_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip
    (This is what MOST users should flash or the one right below this which includes the latest Twrp at time of posting)

4.49.605.16_NoBoot_TWRP3.2.1-0_firmware.zip

4.49.605.16_Stock_Recovery.zip

4.49.605.16_Stock_BootImg.zip

4.49.605.16_FULL_firmware.zip (WILL WIPE)
    (contains stock recovery and stock boot.img and should not be flashed over a custom rom)

Older Files

NOUGAT

4.49.605.11_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip
    (This is what MOST users should flash or the one right below this which includes the latest Twrp at time of posting)

4.49.605.11_NoBoot_TWRP3.1.1-0_firmware.zip

4.49.605.11_Stock_Recovery.zip

4.49.605.11_Stock_BootImg.zip

4.49.605.11_FULL_firmware.zip (WILL WIPE)
    (contains stock recovery and stock boot.img and should not be flashed over a custom rom)

Marshmallow

3.37.605.38_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.38_NoBoot_TWRP3.1.1-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.38_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.38_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.38_FULL_firmware.zip (WILL WIPE)

3.37.605.28_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.28_NoBoot_TWRP3.1.0-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.28_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.28_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.28_FULL_firmware.zip

3.37.605.19_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.19_NoBoot_TWRP3.0.2-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.19_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.19_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.19_FULL_firmware.zip

3.37.605.17_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.17_NoBoot_TWRP3.0.2-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.17_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.17_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.17_FULL_firmware.zip

3.37.605.15_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.15_NoBoot_TWRP3.0.2-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.15_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.15_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.15_FULL_firmware.zip
    (contains stock recovery and stock boot.img and should not be flashed over a custom rom, especially if it's not Marshmallow)

3.37.605.13_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.13_NoBoot_TWRP3.0.2-0_firmware.zip

3.37.605.13_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.13_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.13_FULL_firmware.zip
    (contains stock recovery and stock boot.img and should not be flashed over a custom rom, especially if it's not Marshmallow)

3.37.605.7_NoBoot-NoRecovery_firmware.zip

3.37.605.7_NoBoot_TWRP3.0.0-1_firmware.zip

3.37.605.7_Stock_Recovery.zip

3.37.605.7_Stock_BootImg.zip

3.37.605.7_FULL_firmware.zip
    (conatins stock recovery and stock boot.img and should not be flashed over a custom rom, especially if it's not Marshmallow)

To be applied in Stock Recovery:

3.37.605.7_OTAPkg.zip

For Developers Use:

nothing to see here....

[/SIZE]
    Verizon Official M9 RUU Collection

4.49.605.16 Official Signed RUU
    Android 7.0 Nougat
    Verizon HTC One M9

This RUU may be used on S-Off and S-On devices
    and
    WILL WIPE

DOWNLOAD:

RUU:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL[email protected]70710_CNV_1.26_002_release_520623_combined_signed_2_4.zip

OLDER RUU'S

Android 7.0 Nougat
    4.49.605.11 Official Signed RUU
    Android 7.0 Nougat
    Verizon HTC One M9

and
    WILL WIPE

DOWNLOAD:

RUU:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL[email protected]70710_CNV_1.26_002_release_511276_combined_signed_2_4.zip

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

and
    WILL WIPE .

3.37.605.38 Official Signed RUU
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL[email protected]60105_CNV_1.26_002_release_508660_combined_signed_2_4.zip

3.37.605.19 Official Signed RUU
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Verizon HTC One M9

This RUU may be used on S-Off and S-On devices .
    RUU:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL_M60[email protected]60105_CNV_1.26_002_release_492355_signed_1.zip

HBOOT ZIP:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL_M60[email protected]60105_CNV_1.26_002_release_492355_hboot_1.zip

3.37.605.13 Official Signed RUU
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Verizon HTC One M9

This RUU may be used on S-Off and S-On devices.

DOWNLOAD:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL_M60_S[email protected]60105_CNV_1.26_002_release_485015_signed_1.zip

_________

3.37.605.7 Official Signed RUU
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Verizon HTC One M9

This RUU may be used on S-Off and S-On devices.

DOWNLOAD:
    0PJAIMG_HIMA_WL_M6[email protected]60105_CNV_1.26_002_release_469809_signed_1.zip

How To Apply/Install:

• Download the file and Check the MD5 sum
    • Rename the file to 0PJAIMG.zip
    • Place file in the root of an external sd card formatted in fat32
    • Boot to aboot (power off phone, hold volume down and power at the same time)
    • Use volume keys to navigate to "Download Mode" and select it using the power button.
    • Once in download mode it should automatically find the file, and prompt you to press volume up to flash it or down to cancel.
    • Go ahead and press volume up and allow it to flash the file.
    • Phone should reboot several times and eventually reboot you into the OS.

DONE!!

____
    No Red Text Aboots

Does the red development text on the splash screen bother you after unlocking your device?

If so, I have a modified hboot for you that takes care of it.
    This was simply hex edited by me to remove the text from the screen, no other changes were made.
    I have tested it and it is 100% proven to work without any side effects.

I originally did this for the Verizon Droid DNA and HTC One (m7) and was asked to do it for the One Max, Butterfly S, HTC One (m8), and now also the HTC One (m9).

FROM THIS >>>
    358xhqb.jpg
    TO THIS >>>
    2nc2fpt.jpg

Let's get to it!
    You must be S-Off to do this!

To Install:

• Download your Modified aboot:

-No Red Text aboots-

3.37.605.28_NoRedText_aboot.zip

Old Files:

Since I initially posted these:
    I had a couple requests for a modified hboot/aboot that shows the device as being Locked and S-On, while being completely unlocked and S-Off.
    I went ahead and made that as per request and made it for several devices.
    The process is the same as it is for the NoRedText aboot, with the exception of the filename.
    These also have the red text removed, like the No Red Text aboots above.

-Faux Locked aboots: (not really Locked and S-on but appear that way)

3.37.605.28_FauxLocked_aboot.zip

Old Files:

Ok, Now you have your aboot of choice, let's proceed:

• Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
    • Put the device in fastboot/Download mode
      (Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
    • Connect the device to the computer
    • Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
    • fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
    • fastboot flash zip filename_aboot.zip (this flashes the modified aboot zip file)
    Important: the flash process halts at around 75% to 90% on phone screen! This is normal and a safety precaution!
    The last few percent is the reboot, which is NOT happening automatically, so you get a chance to check the console output before reboot to make sure it is safe to reboot!
    The bar will only fill up to 100% once you type the following command:

• fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

That's it, you're done. You can now reboot and not see the red text anymore. ;)

If you have any questions or issues, let me know.
    Rom and Firmware 101

Rom:

Read-Only-Memory/Software/OS and it's version/base is what is shown in Settings > About
    A rom flash will not change your firmware and a stand alone firmware flash will not change your software/OS.
    A rom is simply the operating system software that you are running.
    Just updating a rom, does not mean you have updated your firmware.
    They are not one in the same and are not updated the same way in the custom rooting and romming arena.

Firmware:

Lower level read-only partitions "firm"ware, as they stay "firm"ly in place without any ability for the end user modify these parts of their device. Modification of firmware is still however possible, just not under normal s-on usage.
    However, with s-off, we can upgrade or downgrade firmware as we please.
    Your current firmware version can be found as main version in the output of "fastboot getvar all"
    Contains things such as: radio.img, modems, aboot/bootloader, splash screen, touch screen driver, etc,..(is not part of a rom)

OTA:

A file sent from HTC/Your carrier to your device.
    It checks the device for any changes at all in the /system.
    If any are found, it will fail to apply.
    This OTA contains patches for existing files you already have.
    If those files are not in place, it cannot properly apply them, so it quits.
    OTA will also contain firmware updates.
    An official OTA is the only way you will ever get an operating system/OS update and firmware update in one, besides an RUU.

Staying Up To Date:

There are a few ways to stay current/up to date: (from easiest to most painful)

1.) Apply firmware when/if posted as a stand alone zip in fastboot/ruu mode and then flash a stock rooted rom or custom rom of choice.
    2.) Run Full unrooted/rooted signed/unsigned RUU's when/if they are posted.
    3.) Stay stock and take updates as they come...

Firmware packages:

- Full Stock firmware zips (*not the suggested option)

Stock Boot.img/kernel and stock recovery are included.
    Your TWRP is will be overwritten by the stock recovery.
    The stock boot.img will overwrite your rooted and or custom one, and you will lose any systemless root you might have in place and will need to reflash SuperSu.

- No Boot No Recovery firmware zips (*suggested option)

Stock Boot.img/kernel and stock recovery removed.
    This way your TWRP is not overwritten by the stock recovery
    The stock boot.img is taken out so that the stock unrooted boot.img does not overwrite your rooted and or custom one, since any rom you flash takes care of this anyhow.

If you do flash a stock boot.img over one that has been modified by SuperSu, you will lose root and will need to reflash SuperSu.

-No Boot TWRP firmware zips

Stock Boot.img/kernel and stock recovery removed.
    This way your TWRP is not overwritten by the stock recovery
    The stock boot.img is taken out so that the stock unrooted boot.img does not overwrite your rooted and or custom one, since any rom you flash takes care of this anyhow.

If you do flash a stock boot.img over one that has been modified by SuperSu, you will lose root and will need to reflash SuperSu.
    **Latest TWRP recovery included, so that you can flash it at the same time if you need/want to update it.

-No Red Text aboot zips

Removes the red text that appears during the splash screen.
    This is not actually part of the splash screen, this is part of the bootloader/aboot/hboot.

RUU:

An RUU is going to be a complete OS update.
    This does not patch the existing files to make a full rom, like an OTA.
    This "IS" the FULL rom and also the complete current firmware up to the date of the RUU base being applied.
    A full signed stock RUU will wipe out your current root installation.
    You would need to reflash SuperSu or root method of choice after applying an RUU.
    It will not however, effect s-off/bootloader status.

Will add more as I have time.
    This is a small start to the extent of the questions you have and how much reading you need to do to understand things better.
    I'm sorry that I don't have the time to summarize more at this time.
    I have a life, a family and a job and this is something I do for fun.
    Let's keep it that way! :)