[7.1.1] Omni for Oppo Find7

Search This thread

cajuda

Jul 21, 2011
@maxwen
I've noticed a little discrepancy regarding the rom size between what reported on the dl.omnirom site and what actually downloaded: latest weekly of 23.04.2017 is 408.4 Mb on the site and 389.46 Mb downloaded. No matter if I use opendelta or I download from the site the resulting full rom size is always 389.46 Mb.
Is this normal? Or we are missing bits of the rom?
Looking forward to your reply. Screenshot_20170423-090700.pngScreenshot_20170423-090544.png

Sent from my FIND7 using Tapatalk

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
@maxwen
I've noticed a little discrepancy regarding the rom size between what reported on the dl.omnirom site and what actually downloaded: latest weekly of 23.04.2017 is 408.4 Mb on the site and 389.46 Mb downloaded. No matter if I use opendelta or I download from the site the resulting full rom size is always 389.46 Mb.
Is this normal? Or we are missing bits of the rom?
Looking forward to your reply. View attachment 4123020View attachment 4123021

The magic shrinking ROM :D
You ever heard of the difference between using 1000 or 1024 to calculate byte units? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix
The image size is 408375674 bytes - so I leave it to you what end uses what to calculate

Last edited:
Reactions: cajuda

Nova Lunacia

Dec 19, 2014
Dear developer, I'm a Chinese Find 7s (3GB RAM version) user, I've been using OmniROM since lollipop, but some Chinese app keep force closing on 7.1.1, like our most used payment app "Alipay", communication app "QQ", music app "Netease Music" and so on.

I tried switching to other ROMs, LineageOS, AICP, AOKP, MoKee... These apps works normally, but they all have screen issues except Omni...:crying:

Could you please have a look at these apps? They are very necessary to me, now every time I try to pay for a meal I have to open hotspot and pay with my iPod Touch, which looks very funny...:crying: It will be great if these could be fixed!

Best regards.

Last edited:

Frank_Z

Jun 9, 2016
Hi guys, with latest 7.1.2 I sometimes experience self shutdown of the telephone, some apps are not responding (camera from telegram for example) and sometimes it shows the OMNI logo like if it's rebooting for about 1 minute, than goes back to main screen. (All I mentioned happens randomly and never happened with 7.1.1) I'm considering going back to 7.1.1 because of its stability until a more fixed 7.1.2. Thanks and keep pushing guys, you're make a great ROM

Sent from my Oppo Find 7 using XDA Labs

Feb 14, 2016
Latest 7.1.1-20170402-find7-weekly

Pros:
The only ROM on the planet that works on new LCD panel

Cons:
1) When you get a phone call, any touch will be registered as a menu swipe down. Sometimes, the menu becomes persistent and it is impossible to return to the ongoing call.
2) When I turn on hotspot, Omni will automatically turn it back off. Besides this, no other problems in latest build.

Last edited:

limbot

Dec 5, 2011
Hm - works fine here
Describe in more detail whats you do and provide a logcat
Works fine here too! Currently in China so wife is hotspotting to my phone multiple times a day as it was so hard to organise another SIM :)

Only thing is normally I have to restart phone or she'll be stuck on "obtaining IP"

She's running omnirom 6 on Oppo Find 7a

Feb 14, 2016
Hm - works fine here
Describe in more detail whats you do and provide a logcat

Here are the steps:
1) Turn on with double tap & enter my PIN
2) Swipe down once & tap on hotspot (icon re-arranged)
Hotspot's settings:
SSID: ND
Security: WPA2-PSK
Password: 1234567890
AP Band: 2.4Ghz
3) Hotspot is now on
4) Turn on wifi on another phone and/or select the SSID: ND
5) Login successful

After 1-2 minutes or sometimes much longer, Omni simply turns off hotspot.

If I enter cellular data dead zones such as poorly designed elevators, Omni will turn off hotspot immediately.

How do I get the log that you need? Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Works fine here too! Currently in China so wife is hotspotting to my phone multiple times a day as it was so hard to organise another SIM :)

Only thing is normally I have to restart phone or she'll be stuck on "obtaining IP"

She's running omnirom 6 on Oppo Find 7a

Thank you for your reply,

When I was on OmniROM 6.0.1 I had never encountered any of these problem. To be honest, OmniROM 6.0.1 is much more stable than 7.1.1 but it's probably because some apps are simply not 7.1.1 compatible yet.

andriman

Feb 11, 2013
@maxwen
Ever since update to 7.1.2 I cannot see my device (X9007) in adb devices.
My Android studio cannot see the device either, it was ok on 7.1.1.

Is there any update to ADB drivers we should know of?

By the way, the title should probably change its name to [7.1.2] Omni....

beton87

Jan 7, 2013
Wrocław
Check again if you have USB debugging enabled in developer options.
Also, have you got latest version of platform-tools? I can see my Find7 totally fine in adb devices and in android studio when I run an app.

andriman

Feb 11, 2013

Check again if you have USB debugging enabled in developer options.
Also, have you got latest version of platform-tools? I can see my Find7 totally fine in adb devices and in android studio when I run an app.

That's the thing... I do have the latest drivers and all....
I can see the device in fastboot, I can even transfer files, but it is not visible in ADB.

Second issue:
I wanted to record a video today. I used the double power shortcut.
However, when the camera started, there was no preview and I could not record anything. Dialog "Cannot open camera" appeared and the app crashed.
I cannot use camera since then ("cannot open camera" dialog and/or camera crash..). And long power button no longer works - it does not open the reboot menu immediately, but it opens it after some time (5 secs..).
Turning off the "double power button press to open camera" setting does not help.

Logs are attached.

Using OmniRom 7.1.2-20170430 (dirty flashed from a 7.1.1 build). Find 7a.

I will probably attempt to make a clean flash soon, but I'd prefer not to have to.

EDIT: Dirty re-flash fixed the second issue.

By the way, I do not know the reason why, but when I tried to flash the latest nightly (7.1.2) in TWRP it always failed with "Update failed with signal: 7" (every TWRP 3.x.x.x and above). I succeeded with flashing it only after removing the first lines of updater-script (getprop and abort checks).

Attachments

• 2017-05-06-20-31-06_DoublePower.txt
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2017-05-06-20-31-44_LongPower.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: maxwen

ESEMCE

Sep 17, 2010
Gapps issue - but still under investigation
Tested a few and e.g. Snapchat works with the gapps I use (old nano opengapps)

The device fails/doesn't complete SafetyNet whether stock (unrooted) or rooted with Magisk.
Does your device pass SafetyNet Maxwen?
And can you please share the GApps package that works for you?

AdamZ3

May 10, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Please help, omni 7.11 refuses to work on my Find 7.

For context, im trying to install omni-7.1.1-20170402-find7-WEEKLY.zip alongside with open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20170509.zip and im on Project Spectrum v1.3.i beta and i have ADB, Fastboot, TWRP and my phone is rooted.
To be honest, ive been trying for maybe 12 hours and i want to rip my hair out. I've followed all the steps listed at the oppocommunity thread about the 7.11 omnirom nightlies , but it dosent seem to be working. Ive tried flashing omni and gapps then wiping data, cache and dalvik cache. I've tried flashing omni, wiping data, cache and dalvik then installing gapps. Nothing works. I've even tried factory resetting my whole phone. I've tried booting through boot.img through adb, but im still in in a bootloop with the omni logo animation. Someone PLEASE help.

Top Liked Posts