[7.1.1_r22][0.2.0]UOS By UTeam - Beta for Nexus 6

Search This thread

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
This is basically a themed crDroid 7.1.1, CM14.1 based rom so all risks, requirements, and benefits apply. I always use Elemental N 15 custom kernel so never worry about encryption issues.

cetuss4

Jun 2, 2015
This has potential, but be careful it forces encryption. Good thing I got a nan bakup.

Keep up the good work

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Very nice so far. Since this is based on CR droid/CM it will force encrypt by default. I used FED patch to get rid of the forced encrypting and an running Blackbird kernel just to make sure. The only issue I have encountered with this rom, and I have been running it since it's release, is Wi-Fi tethering does not work for me. That could very well be because I an running a custom kernel though.
Awesome job...

cetuss4

Jun 2, 2015
Anyone have issues with the phone seeing certainly wifi.

I mean I can not see my ssid for the wifi that's boosted through the the house. Parent wifi is fine

becker68

Sep 2, 2012
Sorry to hear that but could you describe the situation? I'm clearly don't understand it, what encryption ?
If you can point out the encryption software part, I will delete the whole project, but if you are another hater, please delete this comment, it makes nonsense.

No not a hater just another guy that loves trying different Roms on there phone. I flashed the rom and gappps and when it rebooted it came up with the UOS boot logo then it went to another screen that said encrypting phone, all the years that I have been flashing and playing with phones I have never seen this. I powered down my phone then went to recovery and it was asking for a password, so it even made it to the recovery. when prompted for a password I just pushed canceled and it took me to recovery. When in recovery I could not restore my phone from my backup because it erased everything it would not even show up on my computer like it use to do so I did a complete wipe of everything on the phone and rebooted back to recovery and it worked, it was not telling me the phone was in encrypted or asking for a password and it showed back up on my computer and I was able to copy my old rom and gapps to it and reflash and all is well.

B

baw580

No not a hater just another guy that loves trying different Roms on there phone. I flashed the rom and gappps and when it rebooted it came up with the UOS boot logo then it went to another screen that said encrypting phone, all the years that I have been flashing and playing with phones I have never seen this. I powered down my phone then went to recovery and it was asking for a password, so it even made it to the recovery. when prompted for a password I just pushed canceled and it took me to recovery. When in recovery I could not restore my phone from my backup because it erased everything it would not even show up on my computer like it use to do so I did a complete wipe of everything on the phone and rebooted back to recovery and it worked, it was not telling me the phone was in encrypted or asking for a password and it showed back up on my computer and I was able to copy my old rom and gapps to it and reflash and all is well.
Stock CM kernels force encryption, that's what happened, to avoid this completely flash a custom kernel that doesn't force...or you can try the 'FED" patch that's floating around in these forums, but I always flash a custom kernel just to be safe when running anything CM on shamu.

bangprovn

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 22, 2011
HCM City

Hello, this is a feature on the new Android Nougat. All you need to do is removing the passcode before going to this ROM. And when setting the password on UOS, choose to not ask for password when booting. Hope it help!

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T

Next time (I know it does not help you now but at least you've learned something), let it encrypts your phone. Then reboot into TWRP (no password needed), and copy your data off the phone onto PC or laptop. Then format your \data on your phone and then replace all the external data from laptop back to phone. Then reinstall this rom EXCEPT use custom kernel to avoid force encryption. This way data is not lost. When you interrupt the encryption process, it corrupts your data losing it all. Sorry.

mituzora

That's normal for CM-Based kernels. the fact that you powered your phone down in the midst of this caused the issues with TWRP; I was running my phone decrypted for months, forgot to put the FED patch when moving to CM14.1. I saw the same screen, let it do it's thing and everything is still golden. Everything still works fine.

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
No reason to hate. Good to know CrDroid inspires many. Btw OP you might wanna include the device and kernel sources. Especially the kernel, being required by XDA policies :p

Reactions: Mega Montana

Aug 12, 2016
Houston
Ok, so... Is this thread gonna keep updated? I really like the OS and the UI, but have not seen movement, not even on the website. If possible do let me know if there are plans to continue on development. Appreciate your time

Reactions: tratliff

hijax2001

Dec 4, 2010
I suspect they're still working on organization. On the OP and the UOS site, it is only v0.1.1. But if you look at GitHub, they are on v0.2...

Last edited:

Shadow53

Dec 8, 2015
shadow53.com
OnePlus 7 Pro
Would be great to get the apps as standalones to test out. Really the only reason I am interested in trying it out.

Could someone post the launcher apk?

If anyone wants an app from any ROM, usually all you have to do is pull the apk file from /system/app or /system/priv-app inside the zip file. That should be enough for most apps. The only other thing might be a file under /etc/permissions, but I haven't seen a ROM's apps use files there before.

PainToad

Jul 23, 2011
If anyone wants an app from any ROM, usually all you have to do is pull the apk file from /system/app or /system/priv-app inside the zip file. That should be enough for most apps. The only other thing might be a file under /etc/permissions, but I haven't seen a ROM's apps use files there before.

Mate you're way out of date. It hasn't been that simple since Lollipop.

Anyway, I extract the apk myself using sdat2img and the launcher doesn't work (on PureNexus).

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010
Mate you're way out of date. It hasn't been that simple since Lollipop.

Anyway, I extract the apk myself using sdat2img and the launcher doesn't work (on PureNexus).

I"m looking for the launcher APK as well. Can you please post one from the 0.2 release? I can never get sda2img to work on my Mac.

You noted it didn't work on PN. Did you try pushing the APK to either /System/Apps or /System/Priv-Apps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P55kyiUh.png

Visit our website|Visit our github

Android version: 7.1.1_r22
    UOS version: 0.2.0
    Android security update: February 5, 2017

CREDITS GO TO AOSP, CYANOGENMOD, DIRTY UNICORN, AOKP, AND CRDROID ANDROID and others (if it bothers you that your name does NOT listed here, please kindly send me a PM, the names are listed in a random order, please don't blame it :))

lf6DuO0m.png

UOS By UTeam is an Android distro that made focus on improving the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX). UOS is community driven and open-sourced. You are free yourself to contribute to this project.

F7mbWJ1m.png

Unlike others, the aim of our project is to give the best to user and maybe someday to be a stock-rom-replacer. We focus mainly on the user experience on the phone, so that we will carefully choose features to put into the ROM. Yet, in the alpha version, we are still working on giving the users as many features as we can.
    There are some notable features that appeared on this version of UOS:
    - UCamera
    - UOS Launcher
    - Incremental OTA updates
    - Explore more yourself!

9Ro2Mcrm.png

You can both report on our github or using our automatically report service, can be found at https://uosbyuteam.com/bug-report

nth6b5Pm.png

The changelog for the ROM can be found here!

T7VZMU0m.png

To help UOS expand and develop, we offer the UOS Maintainer's program, to learn more about it, you can visit here: https://uosbyuteam.com/maintainers-program

I7iacvem.png

UOS 0.2.0: [ANDROIDFILEHOST] [AMAZON] [BASKETBUILD]
    UOS 0.1.1: [ANDROIDFILEHOST] [DEV-HOST] [BASKETBUILD]

RXK5Chim.png

For UOS source code, please refer to this GITHUB.

XDA:DevDB Information
    UOS By UTeam, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    bangprovn
    Source Code: https://github.com/uos-by-uteam

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-28
    Last Updated 2017-02-15
    Gonna flash this as a secondary in MultiROM. Will update this post with any issues I've found for the users, and will report on your site as well. Great to see another new ROM :)

Edit: Seems like a mix of CM and DU with a couple custom apps. This isn't a skinned ROM like the post seems to imply.

Nevertheless, I hope you guys can get some traction and make good progress here!

Also, I didn't test but since this is CM/DU based, you should be able to flash Gapps without issues. I'd suggest OpenGapps Pico just in case, though.

Hi, we are currently trying to make it better, that's why we release our alpha version. Since it's open source, I hope someone with the same interest could join us and make it come true.
    BTW, those screenshots was taken in the same version that I've posted here lol, I don't know what makes you confused it :laugh:.
    Very nice so far. Since this is based on CR droid/CM it will force encrypt by default. I used FED patch to get rid of the forced encrypting and an running Blackbird kernel just to make sure. The only issue I have encountered with this rom, and I have been running it since it's release, is Wi-Fi tethering does not work for me. That could very well be because I an running a custom kernel though.
    Awesome job...