• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

7.1.2 N2G47E is up

Search This thread

cam30era

Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I don't use the full SDK, so maybe that's the difference. I use the minimal ADB and fastboot from Google as linked by Android Police here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...ble-without-full-sdk-android-studio-download/.

It was last updated on March 13, but ADB hasn't changed since last December. That doesn't explain the huge version difference, unless that is the SDK version itself.

The link I posted is not for the SDK. It's only ADB and fastboot directly from Google, and up to date. Relatively new offering.

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Google Pixel 5
The link I posted is not for the SDK. It's only ADB and fastboot directly from Google, and up to date. Relatively new offering.

Sorry, I didn't scroll up past the Revisions section in your link to the Download section. However, that download is the same as the link I posted and the ADB version is still 1.0.36.

EDIT: I found this in source.properties:

Pkg.UserSrc=false
#Pkg.Revision=25.0.0
Pkg.Revision=26.0.0 rc1

I'm guessing that refers to the SDK version, but it's not the ADB version.

Last edited:

cam30era

Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Sorry, I didn't scroll up past the Revisions section in your link to the Download section. However, that download is the same as the link I posted and the ADB version is still 1.0.36.

EDIT: I found this in source.properties:

I'm guessing that refers to the SDK version, but it's not the ADB version.

Looks like 25.0.4 to me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170403-172004.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-172004.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 428

IIIIkoolaidIIII

Aug 3, 2009
Cardiff
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
I don't use the full SDK, so maybe that's the difference. I use the minimal ADB and fastboot from Google as linked by Android Police here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...le-without-full-sdk-android-studio-download/.

It was last updated on March 13, but ADB hasn't changed since last December. That doesn't explain the huge version difference, unless that is the SDK version itself.

they're the same thing, your just following the direct download link, missing all the context to what your downloading. i should maybe if called it platform tools instead of adb

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs

prot-

Jan 16, 2013
I just flashed the full new firmware over the march update after removing -w from the flash-all.Bat . All went well, didn't lose anything. Then fast booted into twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-alpha2, then flashed twrp and then flashed SR4-SuperSU-v2.78-SR4.
All good!

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
I just flashed the full new firmware over the march update after removing -w from the flash-all.Bat . All went well, didn't lose anything. Then fast booted into twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-alpha2, then flashed twrp and then flashed SR4-SuperSU-v2.78-SR4.
All good!

If you have any issues get on SU 2.79 SR3. It is newer and made for thw Pixel's. Reflash the kernel first.

Top Liked Posts