[7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G5 [cedric][UNOFFICIAL]

ektus

Aug 13, 2017
Bayern
Is there anyone else having issues with the fingerprint reader? As soon as I try to set it up, the app freezes. Didn't happen with an older version (Feb 2020 or so...).
I don't know as I've never used it myself. It does work as additional home button, though.

Does it work again if you flash the old version?

Did you flash OpenGAPPS in a version bigger than pico? There's been a report a couple weeks back stating that might cause trouble as it replaces LOS system system functions.

nift4

May 22, 2019
I don't know as I've never used it myself. It does work as additional home button, though.

Does it work again if you flash the old version?

Did you flash OpenGAPPS in a version bigger than pico? There's been a report a couple weeks back stating that might cause trouble as it replaces LOS system system functions.
Nano is still OK, micro is the very first to replace. Actually pico has it's problems too. The most stable package is and ever was nano.

jrkb

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,
thanks for this amazing rom!
I had it installed on my Moto G5, and wanted to update it with the latest build, but something went wrong.

TL;DR; issue solved itself by restarting TWRP

Somehow i get an Error 7 when trying to flash the latest zip (lineage-14.1-20201106-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip) from TWRP.
I checked the md5sum, the zipfile is fine. Also I wiped data/cache/etc pretty much everything except the external sdcard, where i keep the zipfile on.
I also tried to sideload the zip with adb, but it fails with the same issue.

I somehow can't figure out where the TWRP logfile is located, but I'll just try typing it out.
The log is similar, when I try to flash from TWRP directly, but anyways this is it:

Starting ADB sideload feature...
Installing zip file '/sideload/package.zip'
Verifying zip signature...
Zip signature verified successfully.
Unmounting system...
Targe: motorola/lineage_cedric/cedric:7.1.2/NJH47F/f285ef918:userdebug/test-keys
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
PAtching system image unconditionally...
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

What could that be?

the phone is model XT1676 type M2675 (removed battery and checked the sticker)
that should be correct, or not?

[SOLVED] just restarted TWRP ( actually only because i removed the battery to check the model number, haha) and it worked!

Last edited:

ektus

Aug 13, 2017
Bayern
Experimental new build with December 5th, 2020 patches available

Looks like the new forum is lacking support for real headlines. Links must be encapsulated to avoid being partially converted to smileys.

The November patches haven't been merged yet, but are included here together with the December patches as can be found at time of posting on the links below.

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on
Gerrit Topic November
and
Gerrit Topic December
yet.

I haven't installed it on my device yet.

As always, these builds don't contain any patches to closed source drivers, as those would have to be supplied by Lenovo. Who have long since stopped supporting this device.

Builds prior to September 9th, 2020 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments

Last edited:

ektus

Aug 13, 2017
Bayern
Experimental new build with January 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple hours.

As always, these builds don't contain any patches to closed source drivers, as those would have to be supplied by Lenovo. Who have long since stopped supporting this device.

Builds prior to September 19th, 2020 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments