• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto G5 [cedric][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Lighto97

Sep 4, 2019
hows this system working so far? imcurious about it cuz i love thsi version of LOS im looking for a stable custom rom

ektus

Just read this thread. It's my daily driver, but I don't use all of the functions. There are some small known issues, namely the FM radio not working correctly for some and with USB connectivity. It's been stable for several years now, and can get very good standby times (for me, typically in the order of one week). But then, I prefer using computers with much larger screens whenever feasible :)

Lighto97

Sep 4, 2019
Just read this thread. It's my daily driver, but I don't use all of the functions. There are some small known issues, namely the FM radio not working correctly for some and with USB connectivity. It's been stable for several years now, and can get very good standby times (for me, typically in the order of one week). But then, I prefer using computers with much larger screens whenever feasible :)
thats good i used to have LOS 14 in my peregrine device, used more than 3 years with no issues and these oreo/pie/10 roms tends to have some bugs that throws me off.

funny that i hard bricked my device tying to intall nougat stock rom lol

also thanks for keeping that updated

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
thats good i used to have LOS 14 in my peregrine device, used more than 3 years with no issues and these oreo/pie/10 roms tends to have some bugs that throws me off.

funny that i hard bricked my device tying to intall nougat stock rom lol

also thanks for keeping that updated
You would hard brick it if tried to flash gpt or bootloader parts as you can't downgrade these parts (you would normally get a security downgrade error)

Always make sure you flash the right firmware and the right parts.

I think you only need to flash the modem and something else (can't remember the exact part of the firmware off hand) as that's all that's changed. Allows for fingerprint reader to work for example.

Lighto97

Sep 4, 2019
You would hard brick it if tried to flash gpt or bootloader parts as you can't downgrade these parts (you would normally get a security downgrade error)

I think you only need to flash the modem and something else (can't remember the exact part of the firmware off hand) as that's all that's changed. Allows for fingerprint reader to work for example.
yeah ive read bout that i wish i knew that before

funny that i installed oreo and nougat a ton of times with - issues til now. gotta fix that hard brick but dont have a sdcard neither a adaptor to fix it motorola please release cedric blank flash

Lighto97

Sep 4, 2019
Its been three hours i installed and Man i really misses Los 14 my only complain is battery training fast which is weird

Lighto97

Sep 4, 2019
What are the battery usage stats saying? There must be a reason, because I can reliably get one week of standby time.
well It lasts around 4 hours but im not always using my device. and the apps i have here are the same i always use. i need to use greenify to kill apps when i stop using it. it was fully charged few minutes ago lete see how much it lasts now. (note that im using for 3 days til now)

ektus

Experimental new build with April 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple hours.

As always, these builds don't contain any patches to closed source drivers, as those would have to be supplied by Lenovo. Who have long since stopped supporting this device.

Builds prior to January 7th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip.md5sum.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 18
Reactions: Spliff85555

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021

nothing happens, I have downgraded the gpt.bin 3 times, the only problem is that it hangs, it throws an error in system.img_sparsechunk.0 / system.img_sparsechunk.1
It is easily solved by flashing again I have never had the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 brick

ektus

Experimental new build with May 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple hours.

As always, these builds don't contain any patches to closed source drivers, as those would have to be supplied by Lenovo. Who have long since stopped supporting this device.

Builds prior to February 8th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210508-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip.md5sum.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 15

ektus

Experimental new build with June 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple minutes.

Builds prior to March 2nd, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210616-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip.md5sum.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 11

ektus

Experimental new build with July 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. The patches from June haven't been merged yet, but are of course also included here.

I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple minutes.

Builds prior to March 7th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.

Attachments

• lineage-14.1-20210713-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip.md5sum.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 16

Alchedin

Jun 1, 2012
Moto G
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
Hi, I just want to say thanks for the support and love for the G5. I've just switched to a new phone recently. So my G5 is up for experiments!(let me know if needed) Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Jun 16, 2018
Experimental new build with July 05th, 2021 security patches available

This build is to be considered alpha, albeit there having been no bug reports on Gerrit yet. The patches from June haven't been merged yet, but are of course also included here.

I've got it installed and running on my own device, but as of now only for a couple minutes.

Builds prior to March 7th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
Ektus.
Thanks for keeping this rom updated. I've been using the newer roms (Lineage17/18) for a while now, but IMO the G5 just wasn't built for them. Going back to 14.1 is much faster (boot) and much easier on RAM

One question… what does "The patches from June haven't been merged yet, but are of course also included here." exactly mean

ektus

That's the reason for "experimental" in the title. Google publishes patches for Android, but no longer for Nougat. Those patches are backported to the Lineage OS tree of Nougat, but first in a testing branch. They then become accessible through gerrit and a tool named repopick to fetch them into the local source directories for building, and the latter is what I do. Some time later, those patches usually become verified and transferred (merged) into the main repository. Sometimes the next month's patches arrive earlier than the previous ones have been finalized, as all this is done by a very small group of volunteers in their spare time. In this case, I've got to fetch both (or more) sets of the not-yet integrated patches with repopick prior to building.

JoeDoe0

Jul 31, 2010
@ektus
Thank you very much for your continued support. (y)

I prefer to use LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on all my Android devices even when newer versions are available.
In my view Google shrinks the user options more and more with every new Android version.
So far all the apps that I use are fully supported on 7.1.2.
Hope this will be the case for some more time. ;)

Last edited:

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
Motorola applications and OpenGapps in one package and other things for LineageOS 14.1

* OpenGapps Pico 08-2021
* Debloat ROM
* Camera Motorola (6.2.24.1) latest version
* Time and Weather Motorola (1.03.03) latest version
* Moto App Launcher with 5x5 drawer (8.1.0) latest version
* Gallery Motorola (ROW_V5.3.0.5fff639.160614_full) latest version
* Google Wallpaper Picker (1.3.169416333) latest version
* Contacts AOSP (1.7.21) Oreo
* Phone AOSP (11.0) Oreo
* Google Calendar (5.7.14-150738176-release)
* Gmail (7.3.26.153522445.release)
* Chrome / WebView Stub (74.0.3729.136)
* Moto G5 default sounds
* Moto X Play defaults wallpapers
* Moto G5 default wallpaper
* Round Icons on Google Apps
* BootLogo Z2 Force
* Bootanimation E5 Play with Sound
* Disabled users
* DPI set at 480 as in Stock ROM
* Dark theme set on GBoard
* Android 7.0 Stock Fingerprint for Magisk
* Music FX (1.4) AOSP
* Framework of FM Radio Qualcomm for Motorola

motoapps-gapps_lineage-14.1_cedric.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: k3lcior

snakesoldier

Dec 25, 2019
Motorola applications and OpenGapps in one package and other things for LineageOS 14.1

* OpenGapps Pico 08-2021
* Debloat ROM
* Camera Motorola (6.2.24.1) latest version
* Time and Weather Motorola (1.03.03) latest version
* Moto App Launcher with 5x5 drawer (8.1.0) latest version
* Gallery Motorola (ROW_V5.3.0.5fff639.160614_full) latest version
* Google Wallpaper Picker (1.3.169416333) latest version
* Contacts AOSP (1.7.21) Oreo
* Phone AOSP (11.0) Oreo
* Google Calendar (5.7.14-150738176-release)
* Gmail (7.3.26.153522445.release)
* Chrome / WebView Stub (74.0.3729.136)
* Moto G5 default sounds
* Moto X Play defaults wallpapers
* Moto G5 default wallpaper
* Round Icons on Google Apps
* BootLogo Z2 Force
* Bootanimation E5 Play with Sound
* Disabled users
* DPI set at 480 as in Stock ROM
* Dark theme set on GBoard
* Android 7.0 Stock Fingerprint for Magisk
* Music FX (1.4) AOSP
* Framework of FM Radio Qualcomm for Motorola

motoapps-gapps_lineage-14.1_cedric.zip
dont work for me can you tellme how to installed? i use the last lineage14.1 here from july 2021

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Experimental new build with January 05th, 2022 security patch available

(URL deleted, no longer valid per 2022-01-22)

Same as above, but with one additional patch from https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22n-asb-2022-01%22+(status:eek:pen+OR+status:merged)

There has been only one patch yet, I've been waiting with publishing in order to see if there would arrive some more. Doesn't seem like it. Supporting Nougat further is becoming difficult :-(

Builds prior to October 8th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
    Ektus.
    Experimental new build with January 05th, 2021 security patches available

The build from January 7th has been deleted from Dropbox, this one includes a couple more patches from Gerrit:

This build is to be considered alpha as it is lacking two patches from July as can be read on Gerrit. The patches from August have been merged, September through January have also been included, but no updated patch level. It still reports June 5th, 2021, as it is lacking the two patches from July from the "not implemented" section. There seems to be no progress in backporting these patches :-(

I've got it installed and running on my own device for one day now.

Builds prior to October 8th, 2021 have been deleted from my dropbox to mitigate space constraints.

Use at your own risk!

Regards
    Ektus.

mwRBiAz.jpeg

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • Touch
    • RIL [Calls, Mobile Data, Dual SIM]
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Tethering
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • Notification LED
    • Fingerprint
    • OTG
    • VoLTE
    • FM Radio

Known issues:
    • Fingerprint(Fixed in the build 25.05.2017)
    • OTG(Fixed in the build 29.05.2017)
    • Camcorder(Fixed in the build 01.06.2017)
    • VoLTE(Fixed in the build 27.06.2017)
    • Wi-Fi Obtaining IP problem in some variants.(Fixed in the build 27.06.2017)
    • Video player stutters.(Fixed in the build 28.06.2017)
    • FM Radio(Fixed in the build 28.06.2017)
    • Rear Camera in 3rd party apps does not work on some users.(Fixed in the build 30.06.2017)
    • USB tethering function does not work.A Third party app such as pdanet might be a solutiıon.(Fixed in the build 30.06.2019)

Instructions :

Downloads :

Source Code:

XDA:Rom Information
    LineageOS 14.1,cedric, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    wzedlare, vache, CodeZero, ektus
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.x Nougat

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2017-05-25
    Last Updated 2022-01-21
    The build with january security patch is now on the thread.
    New build(18/10/17) is now available to fix "Krack" vulnerability.
    just got Oreo booted on our beloved Moto G5
    New Build 12-11-2017.Big thanks to vache and jobinrjohnson for their helps.Changelog:
    Code:
    - Root obtaining problems(a.k.a segmentation faults) are fixed.
    - Governor of the little clusters is interactive now.
    - Some other optimizations.