• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X [santoni][UNOFFICIAL]

wzedlare

Jul 7, 2015
Adana, Turkey

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Touch
  • RIL [Calls, Mobile Data, Dual SIM]
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • GPS
  • Fingerprint
  • FM Radio

Known issues:
  • Fingerprint on devices which use FPC one.
  • OTG
  • This is the one of the first builds for cedric, so minor bugs are expected.Please report them if any.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code:

XDA:Rom Information
LineageOS 14.1,santoni, ROM for the Redmi 4X

ROM OS Version: 7.1.x Nougat
Version Information

Created 2017-07-29
Last Updated 2017-07-29

supermooshman

Apr 3, 2009
Three days in and it runs like a champ. :highfive:

So far an occasional FC and Lastpass doesn't seem to recognize my fingerprint reader

Good job!

Last edited:

johngare

Dec 19, 2014
sagay
Reserved

waiting for more comments :)

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

waiting for more comments :)

supermooshman

Apr 3, 2009
It seems like my battery only charged until 97% for the last few days and today it only went up to 88%

Any suggestions? I know that recovery used to have battery calibration built in but it seems that modern TWRP got rid of that?

Strom Shadow

Jul 15, 2015
Dhaka
Some Bug Report

I have found some bug :(
1. Reboot into recovery or fast boot not working.
2.Everytime I need to flash TWRP recovery or its not booted manually.

But Basically Your Rom is owsum:good:

sonalsaha

Jul 4, 2015
Kolkata
It seems like my battery only charged until 97% for the last few days and today it only went up to 88%

Any suggestions? I know that recovery used to have battery calibration built in but it seems that modern TWRP got rid of that?
Clean flash the ROm with under 60% battery.
I had this problem too. Whenever I flash a rom with 90%+ battery I have problems like this.

Reactions: supermooshman
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone