• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[7.1.x|SM-G900H| Unofficial DOT-OS(k3gxx)

Search This thread

ananxd

Feb 14, 2016
İstanbul
Sorry guys my bad. I using this kernel : crazyaqua v2 kernel. But asphalt 9 still soo chuppy and not playable. Other roms n7 port s8 port or stock rom etc runs smooth ~60 fps. But this rom runs ~20 fps

Aadithyan

Apr 14, 2017
Using the rom since 3 days. I saw a lot of questions here so answering them
- snapchat doesn't work. (As the rom's based on lineage)
- Games like pubg never ran properly on our device even in tw roms..so not this rom problem.
- this rom is far smoother and faster than lineage in opening of apps and ram management according to me.
- i am able to send text messages (have attached a screenshot) but when sending videos through WhatsApp..it doesn't work.
-call audio is perfect and audible with or without earpods
- i get a download speed of around 3-4 mbps (as u can see in the screenshot)so no problems in 3g network.
- i don't know why people are complaining about battery life.. i get a sot of 3-4 hours in this rom.
Very good battery life

- the problems i faced were (los problems only)
*external SD card not readable by some apps
*some substrantum and colour engine errors
*WhatsApp calls wont work properly
*Bluetooth doesn't work
*Some minor bugs which wont affect ur daily usage

The problems mentioned are the problems i faced in every aosp rom so its not the devs mistake..
But still the roms great and smooth as expected when multitasking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180913-063214.jpg
    Screenshot_20180913-063214.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20180913-061841.png
    Screenshot_20180913-061841.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Aadithyan

Apr 14, 2017
3-4 hours of sot ????? That is what's called poor battery !! I used to get 6 hours of sot with tw roms. So this should be fixed. I guess there's some over-ruling problem with the kernel.
In which rom did u get 6 hours of sot?. I think u were reading or something like that to have screen on time like that.
Edit: what do u expect from 4 year old device? I think this is the best battery life the devs can provide

Last edited:

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
In which rom did u get 6 hours of sot?. I think u were reading or something like that to have screen on time like that.
Edit: what do u expect from 4 year old device? I think this is the best battery life the devs can provide

I guess it's not completely Dependent on the rom, and it's the kernel playing it's role with battery. i.e, the kernel is the first part, while the ROM algorithm is second.
You can clearly get this if you check the battery usage.
In my phone it shows " Phone idle : 10% ", and "Android OS : 9%", while everything else is perfectly alright.
My phone is connected to wifi all day and "wifi : 2%", i guess the ROM and kernel is somewhat stable and it requires some tweaks to get it to a "perfect" state.
the main reason im saying all this is, i charged my phone to 100% at night and didn't use it at all, in the morning it was 60%, who used the 40% ?????:eek:
Edit: It was not the case with TW roms cause of both kernel and ROM being in a good state.

Aadithyan

Apr 14, 2017
I guess it's not completely Dependent on the rom, and it's the kernel playing it's role with battery. i.e, the kernel is the first part, while the ROM algorithm is second.
You can clearly get this if you check the battery usage.
In my phone it shows " Phone idle : 10% ", and "Android OS : 9%", while everything else is perfectly alright.
My phone is connected to wifi all day and "wifi : 2%", i guess the ROM and kernel is somewhat stable and it requires some tweaks to get it to a "perfect" state.
the main reason im saying all this is, i charged my phone to 100% at night and didn't use it at all, in the morning it was 60%, who used the 40% ?????:eek:
Edit: It was not the case with TW roms cause of both kernel and ROM being in a good state.

Ohk i ll check to keep it switched on tonight and then see the battery life. Or maybe u might have kept the wifi on for the whole night or something like that. Anyways i ll test tonight. Was ur phone on flight mode?

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
Ohk i ll check to keep it switched on tonight and then see the battery life. Or maybe u might have kept the wifi on for the whole night or something like that. Anyways i ll test tonight. Was ur phone on flight mode?

As i told, yes the wifi was ON the whole night, it was the same with TW ROMS showing no battery drain. (Also notice that wifi only used "2%" of the battery , it was the Phone idle state using the Max of it.)
No , my phone was not in flight mode.

budsixz

Aug 3, 2012
- Games like pubg never ran properly on our device even in tw roms..so not this rom problem.
- this rom is far smoother and faster than lineage in opening of apps and ram management according to me.
- i am able to send text messages (have attached a screenshot) but when sending videos through WhatsApp..it doesn't work.
- i get a download speed of around 3-4 mbps (as u can see in the screenshot)so no problems in 3g network.
- i don't know why people are complaining about battery life.. i get a sot of 3-4 hours in this rom.
Very good battery life

*Bluetooth doesn't work

The problems mentioned are the problems i faced in every aosp rom so its not the devs mistake..
Hmmm if your 3g works proper then ill have to try the ROM again
I did post in this thread using 3g on dot rom but my 3g was a bit unstable
Anyways I'll try again and report

bravolol

May 2, 2016
Jammu
3-4 hours of sot ????? That is what's called poor battery !! I used to get 6 hours of sot with tw roms. So this should be fixed. I guess there's some over-ruling problem with the kernel.

Im using dot nd battery life is best i ve seen in any N roms....i gues ur battery maybe old thats y u not getting good battery life...bt this rom is beast in performance nd battery...

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
Im using dot nd battery life is best i ve seen in any N roms....i gues ur battery maybe old thats y u not getting good battery life...bt this rom is beast in performance nd battery...

That may not be a reason , cause I replaced my battery just now. And you have come from AOSP background while I'm shifting from TW.

BTW.... The fingerprint option is no more available in the settings after a restart. Why this ?????

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
The Speaker problem returned after a reboot, but this time it's not crackling, instead it's improper audio output . I.e While playing a song it just cuts off (skips / slutters) randomly all time . It happens with the headphones too.

Last edited:

Aadithyan

Apr 14, 2017
The Speaker problem returned after a reboot, but this time it's not crackling, instead it's improper audio output . I.e While playing a song it just cuts off (skips / slutters) randomly all time . It happens with the headphones too.

Bro maybe ur new here...i dont know y r u facing such problems..i face none of the most issues u mentioned here. U can try other aosp roms that we have for our device...and then compare this rom ...u ll find this much stabler and smoother...as this rom is based on lineage u ll have all those bugs which affects the device tree since ages. Devs have tried and trying their best to fix them . Devs are working without any sources for our phone. There was a time when nothing was working on our phone but its been much better with most of the major bugs fixed by the devs..lets wait patiently as they are trying their best to bring this to us.
I also faced a little bit of crackling..(sometimes)...
But i never faced the issue that u mentioned here now and earlier...the cracking of speakers is highly bearable.. maybe u flashed something wrong ..
Just check it out!

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
Bro maybe ur new here...i dont know y r u facing such problems..i face none of the most issues u mentioned here. U can try other aosp roms that we have for our device...and then compare this rom ...u ll find this much stabler and smoother...as this rom is based on lineage u ll have all those bugs which affects the device tree since ages. Devs have tried and trying their best to fix them . Devs are working without any sources for our phone. There was a time when nothing was working on our phone but its been much better with most of the major bugs fixed by the devs..lets wait patiently as they are trying their best to bring this to us.
I also faced a little bit of crackling..(sometimes)...
But i never faced the issue that u mentioned here now and earlier...the cracking of speakers is highly bearable.. maybe u flashed something wrong ..
Just check it out!

Okay !! Maybe, What Gapps package did you use ??? I used aroma. And I didn't flash anything extra !! Well....I haven't faced these problems before when I was developing ROMs ( for other device ). But one of the developer whom I was working with had these kinda problems. We both tweaked the stock kernel and jumped out of the problem. Well...what you say is... The crackling is bearable, but to use the word stable, the phrase should be "the device does not face any problem".

Aadithyan

Apr 14, 2017
Okay !! Maybe, What Gapps package did you use ??? I used aroma. And I didn't flash anything extra !! Well....I haven't faced these problems before when I was developing ROMs ( for other device ). But one of the developer whom I was working with had these kinda problems. We both tweaked the stock kernel and jumped out of the problem. Well...what you say is... The crackling is bearable, but to use the word stable, the phrase should be "the device does not face any problem".
All the best:good:
If u can then help the devs with development.
Maybe these bugs will get vanished..lol

Btw i always use pico

bravolol

May 2, 2016
Jammu

Use pico gapps
Only u r facing this issue....no one else facing...dont complain that the rom is not stable...its stable...im using from 1st day......either use this rom or wipe it...

MatrixHack01

Jan 5, 2018
Use pico gapps
Only u r facing this issue....no one else facing...dont complain that the rom is not stable...its stable...im using from 1st day......either use this rom or wipe it...

Ah !! Don't go angry bro !! I'm not complaining, I'm just asking, asking for a solution. I too know how much pain developers have to go through to get a working ROM. But if the developer isn't stopping with the production of ROM, then the problems might be solved.

And...is this ROM still under development or just finished up with initial release ? I would love to help you with the kernel if you could share the source. Other major things have to be taken care till the EOL of this ROM.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

All the best:good:
If u can then help the devs with development.
Maybe these bugs will get vanished..lol

Btw i always use pico

Lol, I'm ready to help if devs come forward with their problems.

BTW....I always prefer Aroma due to the ability of letting us choose what apps we want.

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
The fix is:

1-Disable AudioFX
2-Disable mic permission of all google apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Favatars2.githubusercontent.com%2Fu%2F29705874%3Fv%3D4%26s%3D200

" #DroidOnTime "
    https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fsamgrande%2FXDA_Template%2F8d36482f8aeba2771147e7290dc952dfe1e2eb50%2Fdisclaimer.png

Code:

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
    */
    https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fsamgrande%2FXDA_Template%2Fd3f0f537cf18ce69465070e1750b7a28071988e3%2Fabout.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. Our aim is to enable a user to extract as much juice as possible and get most out of his/her device.

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fsamgrande%2FXDA_Template%2Fd3f0f537cf18ce69465070e1750b7a28071988e3%2Ffeatures.png

Stability and Performance
    Lagfree with High Performance Results
    Clutterless UI
    Perfect Interface for every User
    Enhanced default apps
    Redesigned settings and QS panel
    Full OMS support
    Colour Engine Support
    https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fsamgrande%2FXDA_Template%2Fd3f0f537cf18ce69465070e1750b7a28071988e3%2Fdownloads.png

Download ROM:
    https://mega.nz/#!0dt1GJiD!vL-57mzOZAXGh0DD1SAS_xQVOBdZqkAsI23k4-tpzS8
    Download Gapps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Bugs:-You tell me
    https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fsamgrande%2FXDA_Template%2Fd3f0f537cf18ce69465070e1750b7a28071988e3%2Fcredits.png

@Sudeep-for building from source, Huge thanks
    @bravolol-for testing
    dotOS team
    LineageOS team
    @somadsul
    @Griffin98
    @hunnymadaan
    Source Code:
    Kernel
    https://github.com/lineageos/android...x/tree/cm-14.1
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/lineageos/android...x/tree/cm-14.1

https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2FDotOS%2FXDA_Template%2F68572df91c1f9d7a238ae375b8410783c6dd28f4%2FIMGs%2FATD.png
    Very good battery life

*Bluetooth doesn't work

Maybe yes,
    Do you have any idea of an actively developed ROM for g900h ? ( Nougat + )

no friend, no active 7.1 rom, the best is the stock
    Wtf...u using TW kernel in Dot ?

By stock i mean "the Default" kernel that came with this ROM.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

İnstall magisk and viper. this app can fix.

Thank you !! but i already mentioned in post 30 that rebooting fixed the problem for me.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

No..see old mssgs...he written he is using wanted kernel in dot ?

sorry :laugh::laugh::laugh: , it was not me who mentioned 'wanted kernel'.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Also, to Mention !! the battery is draining heavily when compared to TW roms itself !!
    I guess this could be a easy fix if you try to get the main activity causing the drain.
    As its a first build, new bugs may occur....report here and will try to fix..Thank you