• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[7.1.x|SM-G900H| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (k3gxx)

Search This thread

MarkerKill

Jun 16, 2016
As far as i know every nougat rom for this phone have this bug. can anyone contact the developer and see if there is any solution if not im sticking with stock rom

smahdink

Jun 29, 2020
As far as i know every nougat rom for this phone have this bug. can anyone contact the developer and see if there is any solution if not im sticking with stock rom

I guess somehow I fixed it. First I set the governor to performance from adb shell like this:
Code:
$ su
# echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
And checked the governor with CPU-Z app. Then I restarted the phone and the governor got reset to interactive. But checking cpu-z again and BOOOM all 8 cores are working.
This fixes the problem at least for a few hours. The next morning they weren't working again but going through the procedure solved it this time either.
Proof: PUBG mobile ran waaay smoother after all 8 cores went online.

edit2: If the screen turns off after enabling the cores they go offline. Any devs here who can tell why?
edit3: found a dev who has fixed this bug here. sadly the link doesn't work.

Last edited:

Монтано

Feb 15, 2017
I guess somehow I fixed it. First I set the governor to performance from adb shell like this:

And checked the governor with CPU-Z app. Then I restarted the phone and the governor got reset to interactive. But checking cpu-z again and BOOOM all 8 cores are working.
This fixes the problem at least for a few hours. The next morning they weren't working again but going through the procedure solved it this time either.
Proof: PUBG mobile ran waaay smoother after all 8 cores went online.

edit2: If the screen turns off after enabling the cores they go offline. Any devs here who can tell why?
edit3: found a dev who has fixed this bug here. sadly the link doesn't work.
:)

smahdink

Jun 29, 2020
Well guys, I just found out that the issue with cpu frequencies is just a problem with displaying the frequencies in apps like cpu-z and the cores themselves are working fine.
You can find the post that the maintainer of this rom explains this problem in old posts of this forum.

MarkerKill

Jun 16, 2016
All cores work fine in the first few minuts but then go offline until the next reboot
As for the post above mine please post a link to the forum you talked about

Монтано

Feb 15, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-131909.png
    Screenshot_20201003-131909.png
    128 KB · Views: 56

JohnT772

Dec 26, 2020
Hey, I found a bug that other older ROMs don't have. The bug doesn't allow certain apps to use their Android/data/ folders. For example, Vanced can't read its folder (I can't download anything, it gives me an error), Fasthub can't download anything either, Dashchan can't access its folder as well.
I've tested it with ViperOS and RR from this forum and they worked fine, but these are very old ROMs and they've got other bugs I doubt anyone could fix at this point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    It is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 builds for k3gxx (SM-G900H). The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed
    Magisk

I don't support Xposed/Magisk and any logcat which includes a Xposed/Magisk module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

k3gxx Downloads

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Want Root access? Flash this!
    LineageOS SU Addon

Flahed the SU Addon and now you want to remove it? Flash this!
    LineageOS su addon Remover

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FYqwQOKx.png

02/09/2017
    *KERNEL: patched A LOT of cves!
    *KERNEL: added SU hide patches. Now the su binary wont be detected if root access is disabled in developer settings.
    *Red "Kernel is not enforcing" message on boot is gone now
    *Blueooth calls improvements (wideband audio properly enabled now)
    *VoIP calls have been fixed (WhatsApp and other apps)
    *In call echo has been decreased
    *Ramdisk has been reworked
    *Some SELinux denials have been adressed
    *We now have SdcardFS support, which almost doubles the read/write speeds vs fuse
    *OMS SUPPORT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ROM! IT IS BREAKING OUR AUTOMATED BUILD SERVER!
    *More under the Hood changes

16/08/2017
    *Lots of audio improvements and fixes! (better quality, more power efficient)
    * Fixed Bluetooth calls
    *Improved camera quality! pics are more than great now!
    *CPUSETS are now enabled... this should save a lot of power!
    *New cpufreq relation... this should save a lot of power!
    *Lots of under the hood changes (stability improvements)

12/08/2017
    *Lots of audio improvements and fixes
    *WiFi tetherting fixed
    *USB tethering fixed
    *Minimum frequency for the GPU lowered from 177mhz to 100mhz (power saving optimization)
    *Samsung Input boosters were disabled (power saving feature)

09/08/2017
    *Initial Release

http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.imgland.net%2FGdaEH5d.png

*Reproducing videos with the camer app does not work. You must reproduce them from the gallery!
    *Sharing videos on apps like WhatsApp or Snapchat does not work (this bug affects all the exynos5 family)
    *You tell me!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits)
    @eousphoros (for his work on klimtwifi)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
    Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah
    @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588)
    Exynos5422 Dev Team (somadsul, hunnymadaan, griffin98)

Source Code:
    Kernel
    https://github.com/exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_k3gxx/tree/cm-14.1
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/exynos5420/android_device_samsung_k3gxx/tree/cm-14.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    [7.1.x|SM-G900H| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (k3gxx), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    tincho5588
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-08-09
    Last Updated 2017-09-03
    Whats up guys! Some of you may already know me, or may have heard of me, from my work in ha3g (Galaxy Note 3 exynos)... Today I come here to bring you my latest work, a fully stable and functional LineageOS ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 exynos variant...
    It took a lot of time and effort to bring this up to this point, when I started with this project like 10 days ago I found a device that was really broken (random reboots, bugs all over the place, missing features, terrible battery life and performance...) I entirely redid the kernel from scratch, and redid 90% of the device and vendor trees to get the result we see here today... The device works like a charm, battery life is great, it is complete feature wise, and nothing is broken (except for the two minor bugs listed in the OP bug section...)
    As I always do, i will give you THE reminder...
    *You NEED to flash this clean (wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache before flashing)
    *Don't use xposed/magisk/mods... these kind of mods will certainly interfere with the well functioning of the system...
    If you didn't follow these procedure, and encounter a bug, please don't report it... start over the proper way and try to reproduce the bug again before giving any report...
    Also, i do not take into consideration the reported bugs I can not reproduce in my own device... the device I hold in my hand is the same you have in yours, if it works for me, it works for you...
    This ROM is labeled as STABLE... what does this mean? It is suitable to be used as Daily Driver and has no major issues...
    What's next now? Bring up the selinux policy, get cves for the kernel, and go Official...

Guess I don't have anything more to add for the moment... I hope you enjoy my work!
    Happy flashing!

EDIT: Added some screenshots! Sorry for the crappy battery screenshot... I dont have a proper one... but you can tell by the screenshot that the stand-by times are great!
    Reserved

Want Root access??
    Just flash with TWRP the LineageOS SU Addon zip file found on the download section... Flash it after you have flashed Google Apps!!!
    Then enable the developer options menu with this guide:
    To enable Developer Options, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About phone or About tablet.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the About screen and find the Build number.
    Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options. Tap a few times and you’ll see a toast notification with a countdown that reads “You are now X steps way from being a developer.”
    When you’re done, you’ll see the message “You are now a developer!”. Congratulations. Don’t let this newfound power go to your head.
    Tap the Back button and you’ll see the Developer options menu just above the “About Phone” section in Settings. This menu is now enabled on your device—you won’t have to repeat this process again unless you perform a factory reset.
    Now go into the developers options menu and find the option to enable root access!!

Flashed the SU Addon and now you want to remove it from your phone??
    Just download the LineageOS SU Addon remover and flash it with TWRP...

OMS SUPPORT HAS BEEN DROPPED FROM THE ROM SINCE 20170902!!
    Reserved

Information about the kernel and its features will be added here soon...
    Hi, thank you for this amazing Rom, battery life is fantastic. Only problem is an annoying echo in telephone or whats app calls, not in my side, but for those I am talking with. Can I do something to solve this problem or does anyone else have this echo?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900H mit Tapatalk

This issue has been treated and saw a huge improvement... patches included on upcoming builds...

some news guys, device will go official, 99% of the work is done... just need to get 3 commits merged... the device will build weeklies, every Wednesday! I am pushing stuff like crazy... lots of changes...