[7.1.x|SM-N900| Official LineageOS 14.1 (ha_3g)

Search This thread

Aashim

Jan 9, 2015
I actually don't understand why some smartphones get old pretty quickly. I mean, our SM-N900 is an "old" device but it is still pretty fast and smooth overall. Why would I want to get a newer device? To speed up 1 second how apps open?

Our device is fast and smooth due to this ROM..... Try going back to the ROM, this device originally came with......

Breakcore_Rush

Oct 3, 2014
Moscow
I actually don't understand why some smartphones get old pretty quickly. I mean, our SM-N900 is an "old" device but it is still pretty fast and smooth overall. Why would I want to get a newer device? To speed up 1 second how apps open?
Thats why ill newer buy samsung.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Our device is fast and smooth due to this ROM..... Try going back to the ROM, this device originally came with......
Bad official rom it is coercion from the side of the samsung to buy a new galaxy

yikuph

Dec 12, 2016
People get bored of their toy quickly. Let's be honest if tincho and the team doesnt make marshmallow or nougat happen. I'll change my phone along time ago and not because it's not works well anymore.

curryRookie

Sep 29, 2017
ask preparation to be done before update from 4.4.2 to 7.1

today, i helped my friends note3(sm-n900) which bought from hongkong and kept android version on 4.4.2, when i flashed the phone to lineage OS 14, certainly, I did every thing correctly by following the guide.
however , when l reboot the phone, it stuck at the Samsung logo. i had tried many many times, it still did not work and stuck at the Samsung logo, then i flash the rom base on Android 4.4.2, then it works.
what i wanna ask is, is that we have to be done berefore updating to Android 7.1 or 6, we have to flash the firmware to android 5.0 at least?
regard your reply, plz help

amirrouhandeh

Dec 27, 2013
today, i helped my friends note3(sm-n900) which bought from hongkong and kept android version on 4.4.2, when i flashed the phone to lineage OS 14, certainly, I did every thing correctly by following the guide.
however , when l reboot the phone, it stuck at the Samsung logo. i had tried many many times, it still did not work and stuck at the Samsung logo, then i flash the rom base on Android 4.4.2, then it works.
what i wanna ask is, is that we have to be done berefore updating to Android 7.1 or 6, we have to flash the firmware to android 5.0 at least?
regard your reply, plz help

you must flash lollipop bootloader at first, then flash TWRP and then flash LOS and Gapps , read instructions at the OP .

Reactions: curryRookie

Sgt. Kofeyeh

Sep 14, 2014
Amman

I had an emergency at my university where I had to juggle through the browser with a couple of tabs open, uber, calculator, gallery, and fb messenger...

Because I'm on RR ROM (which is based on this ROM), the app switching was seemless and lighting fast, with all apps remaining open in the background. And I managed to sort out my university issue.

Imagine having to do the same thing on TW, where the RAM usage is already at +90% without even opening the above mentioned apps!!! :eek:

This ROM literally saved my academic year!!!!
Thank you @tincho5588 for saving us from the clutches of horrible TW!!! :highfive:
Can't wait for Oreo!!! :D

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
I had an emergency at my university where I had to juggle through the browser with a couple of tabs open, uber, calculator, gallery...
Thank you @tincho5588 for saving us from the clutches of horrible TW!!! :highfive:
Welcome to my world... I usually have my cpanel open on incognito, while forms on normal tabs, while having different rest agent apps aswell as clients on WhatsApp... And trust me this baby never kills any process, and not to mention all these webservices interact with apps that are in development so I've got those too... And yes I'm so lazy that I don't usually boot up my pc...

Reactions: Sgt. Kofeyeh

Dinara°

Jan 8, 2017
moscow
Could not wait for Oreo...
BTW, Thanks a lot for your work to make our SM900 still alive.
Try waiting a little while longer man! It'll be here soon, did you get a new phone

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I had an emergency at my university where I had to juggle through the browser with a couple of tabs open, uber, calculator, gallery, and fb messenger...

Because I'm on RR ROM (which is based on this ROM), the app switching was seemless and lighting fast, with all apps remaining open in the background. And I managed to sort out my university issue.

Imagine having to do the same thing on TW, where the RAM usage is already at +90% without even opening the above mentioned apps!!! :eek:

Take a bow @tincho5588 you saved a guy a few minutes and a sh* ton of headache ?

Jan 24, 2017
Guys, I want to take a break from touchwiz so pls suggest be which rom is stable and battery friendly. Lineage os or Ressurection Rom or AICP??? And bugs on all these roms.
I know this is not the place to ask this but pls help me out..Thanks

Aashim

Jan 9, 2015

Exactly my friend.....

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
Guys, I want to take a break from touchwiz so pls suggest be which rom is stable and battery friendly. Lineage os or Ressurection Rom or AICP??? And bugs on all these roms.
These are all based on LineageOS, which is quite battery friendly to begin with, AICP is MM, RR is N, and they both have similar extensive modification features, so go for those if you wanna try out theming and other customisations, go for LOS if you want the weekly updates plus just a bit better battery timing and ram management, since this is much lighter then the others, you can read about the bugs in the OP of the respective forums, there's just one in this one.

Sgt. Kofeyeh

Sep 14, 2014
Amman

You can't go wrong with either, all of them are great. Personally I'd recommend Lineage or Resurrection Remix as both have official support. Lineage is the purist one with weakly OTA updates, and RR has extra customization and a UI closer to the Pixel (blue accent instead of green).

Because all of them are from the same base (LineageOS) they share the same bugs. Camera will occasionally give a "can't connect to camera" error that is solved by rebooting or using the "Camera Restarter" app from the Play Store. Secondly, sending video snaps on Snapchat does not work, as well as sending videos from whatsapp (unless recorded from the built-in WhatsApp camera or local videos less than 15 MB. You can still send Whatsapp videos from PC anyways).

However all those are just a small price to pay for superior ROMs with excellent battery life and performance. My Note 3 which has 3 GB of RAM has more free RAM than my friend's S7 on TW which has 4 GB of RAM in total.... Should tell you the level of performance that you'll be getting which is simply not possible on TW. :angel:

Did I mention that we're gonna get Android Oreo soon as well?? :victory: :victory:

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2017
Thank you guys, I installed Lineage OS but i have a problem whenever i try to watch live tv from my phone using mxplayer it says "sorry for the video codec is missing from your phone"

Can anybody help me to fix this problem?

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
Thank you guys, I installed Lineage OS but i have a problem whenever i try to watch live tv from my phone using mxplayer it says "sorry for the video codec is missing from your phone"

Can anybody help me to fix this problem?
That's odd... I use MX player for a lot of different formats, using custom codecs and it all works fine, I play AC3 and DTS files with it, try that custom* codec, you can just search for it on XDA or Google it's easily accessible

Last edited:
Reactions: Raj.singh_thakuri

Sgt. Kofeyeh

Sep 14, 2014
Amman
Guys.... Interesting find regarding the WhatApp video sharing bug.

I decided to do trails and tests. I noticed that you can send videos on WhatsApp without the processing error as long as the video isn't recorded with an external camera app and is less than 15 MB, applies to all resolutions. Tried sending local videos with lower than 720p, 720p, 1080p and up to 4K, all below 10 MB, all were sent without the bug. But as soon as you try sending videos recorded with either the camera app from this ROM or stock TW ROM, the error shows, no matter the resolution or size. I checked the video and audio codecs for both recorded and not recorded videos and they are identical, so I don't presume it's a codec thing.

Not sure if this helps in any way but I thought I'd share nevertheless xD

etch_kayy

Sep 20, 2016
Karachi
Guys.... Interesting find regarding the WhatApp video sharing bug.

I decided to do trails and tests. I noticed that you can send videos on WhatsApp without the processing error as long as the video isn't recorded with an external camera app and is less than 15 MB, applies to all resolutions. Tried sending local videos with lower than 720p, 720p, 1080p and up to 4K, all below 10 MB, all were sent without the bug. But as soon as you try sending videos recorded with either the camera app from this ROM or stock TW ROM, the error shows, no matter the resolution or size. I checked the video and audio codecs for both recorded and not recorded videos and they are identical, so I don't presume it's a codec thing.

Not sure if this helps in any way but I thought I'd share nevertheless xD
Dude you can always record with WhatsApp itself if you intend to send it in the first place, that's the workaround I use, the only problem I face is with screen cast sharing, I have to send the recorded SC to another phone and then share it on WhatsApp, and no you can't really keep your videos under 15mb, a single high bitrate MP3 takes 15mb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    It is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for ha3g (SM-N900). The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

Ha3g Downloads

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Want Root access? Flash this!
    LineageOS SU Addon

Flahed the SU Addon and now you want to remove it? Flash this!
    LineageOS su addon Remover

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FYqwQOKx.png

05/02/2017
    *Initial Release

http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.imgland.net%2FGdaEH5d.png

*Sharing videos on apps like WhatsApp or Snapchat does not work.
    *You tell me!

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits)
    @eousphoros (for his work on klimtwifi)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
    Exynos5420 Dev Team (@deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah
    @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588)

Source Code:
    Kernel
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420/tree/cm-14.1
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_device_samsung_ha3g/tree/cm-14.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    [7.1.x|SM-N900| Official LineageOS 14.1 (ha_3g), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    tincho5588, tincho5588, deadman96385
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-02
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    I'm gonna tease something... Check the screenshot guys...
    What's broken? Wifi, ril, nfc, codecs, camera...
    The os is pretty barebones too... Doesn't have much additions yet... Need a lot of work
    you need a kernal that supports UCI to use synapse. and about the green thumbnails, its a bug.
    No, mods are not supported... read OP please...
    Also, why would you want synapse? I wrote an app to manage the kernel...

Status update on Oreo guys... I have a fully working RIL!! calls, data, operators search, signal, everything!! :highfive:
    Reserved

For OTA updates to flash properly:
    Update your TWRP to 3.1.0-1
    You can get Official TWRP 3.1.0-1 for ha3g in this link!
    TWRP for HA3G
    This updated TWRP recovery image contains a fix that will allow it to flash OTA updates properly!
    status update on O guys!
    *wifi is now working...
    *gps is working...
    *nfc has been disabled for now...
    *ril is still broken..
    *codecs are still broken...
    *camera is still broken

oreo is awesome btw... so smooth... idk about battery life cause i just finished fixing all the stuff that was causing constant crashes on the system server...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone