[7,7T,8 Series][OOS][RealmeOS][No Root] Enable Dolby Atmos DAX3 [Themed - v3]

Search This thread

laugeek57

Nov 7, 2014
Metz
Of course, I attach the file again in the attachment, I don't know why the previous link stopped working.

Hi,
I just wanted to tell you in passing that the discovery of GH module 001 running on op7 / 8 series is not a new discovery ...
Since I used this module to add the colored Dax3s of Aswin08 ...
I did it long before you mate ... ;)
Cheers,

Rayekk

Oct 13, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,
I just wanted to tell you in passing that the discovery of GH module 001 running on op7 / 8 series is not a new discovery ...
Since I used this module to add the colored Dax3s of Aswin08 ...
I did it long before you mate ... ;)
Cheers,

I don't know if you know, but every Dolby Atmos port is based on a GH port, also the one given in the main post :) Besides, my port is not just a forwarding of a finished module, I assembled it myself using several versions of different ports ;)

laugeek57

Nov 7, 2014
Metz
I don't know if you know, but every Dolby Atmos port is based on a GH port, also the one given in the main post :) Besides, my port is not just a forwarding of a finished module, I assembled it myself using several versions of different ports ;)

Yes easy your argument, no worries now I will not share anything on XDA ...
Thanks for nothing...

Rayekk

Oct 13, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes easy your argument, no worries now I will not share anything on XDA ...
Thanks for nothing...

I have no idea what your problem is, this port IS mine, I put it together, tested it, of course it was based on GH ports like all other ports, but you have no right to accuse me that I just passed on an existing port as my own work. Evidently you are looking for problems where they are not, even in the main post there is a link to someone's GH port based version of the port, and somehow you had no problems with that.

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
OxygenOS 11 Rooted users - Test this version with caution, let me know if it works.

https://github.com/reiryuki/Dolby-Atmos-Razer-2-Ryuki-Mod

Credits : It is by @reiryuki based on port by guitardedhero.

If you want to use my Modded and Themed Dolby apk or any apks of your wish, use the core Dolby module attached and install the apk from Main Post.
1) Flash Attached Magisk Module
2) Install APK from Main Post

Compatibility - Check Github of Ryuki
  • Tested on Custom ROMs - Android 9,10,11
  • Tested by me on OOS10 on OP6T

Test on OOS11 Root and report

Attachments

• DolbyAtmos-Razer2-RyukiMod-v1.2_Core.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,625

VexterDex

Jul 17, 2018
OnePlus 8T
what is the procedure

OxygenOS 11 Rooted users - Test this version with caution, let me know if it works.

If you want to use my Modded and Themed Dolby apk or any apks of your wish, use the core Dolby module attached and install the apk from Main Post.

Hi, is this a Magisk module? If yes, do I disable my dolby from adb and then install the module?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Tested on OOS11, app keep crashing again and again :(
I removed dolby through adb, rebooted, installed the module and rebooted

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Hi, is this a Magisk module? If yes, do I disable my dolby from adb and then install the module?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Tested on OOS11, app keep crashing again and again :(
I removed dolby through adb, rebooted, installed the module and rebooted

If you have root, you can just freeze the Oneplus dolby with Titanium Backup instead of going through adb headache.

Can someone please get the logs from OOS11 if it crashes.

TENlll423

Mar 23, 2018
Baltimore
OnePlus 8 Pro
If you have root, you can just freeze the Oneplus dolby with Titanium Backup instead of going through adb headache.

Can someone please get the logs from OOS11 if it crashes.
I tried that freezing and it actually doesn't freeze it...
The way I check is to use SD Maid and check off Running and frozen.. Then you'll see that it is labeled frozen but, it's actually still running...
I did get it to finally to stop by terminal pm uninstall --k- user (package)
That's my experience anyhow...

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Tested on Custom ROMs - Android 9,10,11
Tested by me on OOS10 on OP6T

I tried also and had same issue.
App won't open.. Thanks for working on getting it for A11 though.?

xantic21

Mar 20, 2011
What am I doing wrong? It is not working for me. I am on Open Beta 19 with my 7 Pro, root and no V4A. I installed the latest v3 version, but as soon as I leave the Dolby App, the sound is back to normal. When I play a song or youtube and leave the Dolby app open in foreground the sound is better, but when I close the Dolby App it is back to normal. Am I missing something? I disabled all the Oneplus Dolby stuff by freezing in Titanium.

WhisperPntr

Jun 12, 2012
After several boot loops and struggling with patching I finally got this working on my ressurection remix install and my phone behaves and sounds perfect.
Don't make my mistake and do the following before straight installing this module
1) Update your RR (my version is 8.6.3 for reference) and then extract the boot.img from the rom zip's payload.bin (https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-extract-payload-bin-from-ota-update-or-firmware/). Keep this file at the ready.
2) Upgrade to the latest version of Magisk if you're not already updated
3) Manually patch that backed up boot image via instructions here (try not to use the all in one tool for this)
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
4) if it doesn't boot try safemode (power on and after bootloader unlocked message press volume down) to retain root, otherwise you may have to do what I did and try reflashing the original boot image and then try fastboot flashing magisk again.

It seems like a bother but I could have saved myself hours if i did the above rather than expecting things to go smoothly. Lesson learned, modding this phone is anything but smooth but thankfully the performance after modding IS.

Last edited:

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015
After several boot loops and struggling with patching I finally got this working on my ressurection remix install and my phone behaves and sounds perfect.
Don't make my mistake and do the following before straight installing this module
1) Update your RR (my version is 8.6.3 for reference) and then extract the boot.img from the rom zip's payload.bin (https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-extract-payload-bin-from-ota-update-or-firmware/). Keep this file at the ready.
2) Upgrade to the latest version of Magisk if you're not already updated
3) Manually patch that backed up boot image via instructions here (try not to use the all in one tool for this)
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
4) if it doesn't boot try safemode (power on and after bootloader unlocked message press volume down) to retain root, otherwise you may have to do what I did and try reflashing the original boot image and then try fastboot flashing magisk again.

It seems like a bother but I could have saved myself hours if i did the above rather than expecting things to go smoothly. Lesson learned, modding this phone is anything but smooth but thankfully the performance after modding IS.
What ??

Daniel2255

Jun 26, 2015
I have Poco X3 and application crashes when I'm trying to open it. Error:

```
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.dolby.daxappui/com.dolby.daxappui.MainActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot initialize effect engine for type: ec7178ec-e5e1-4432-a3f4-4657e6795210 Error: -3
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3313)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3462)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:83)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2049)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:224)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7565)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:539)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:950)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot initialize effect engine for type: ec7178ec-e5e1-4432-a3f4-4657e6795210 Error: -3
at android.media.audiofx.AudioEffect.<init>(AudioEffect.java:468)
at com.dolby.dax.DolbyAudioEffect.<init>(DolbyAudioEffect.java:107)
at com.dolby.daxappui.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:369)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7916)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7903)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1307)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3288)
... 11 more
```

aeroman

Jul 12, 2007
Ruhrpott.de
Thank you very much for the app, it saved my phone (OP 7T Pro) :highfive::good::cool:

what about Android 11 support in the near future?

aeroman

Jul 12, 2007
Ruhrpott.de
Hey guys

after a detailed test I noticed the following:
After the Apk has been installed and DolbyAtmos has been deactivated in the system, the Dolby Atmos menu can no longer be called in the system settings.
The menu also contains the Dolby Atmos settings for Bluetooth headphones, if connected. This useful setting disappears completely!

The DolbyAtmos Apk from Op does not improve sound for Bluetooth headphones (tested), so there are no effects for Bluetooth headphones. :rolleyes:

Can the problem be solved or can Dolbyatmos from the system and the DolbyAtmos Apk be used together?

P.S. The speakers from the Op7t Pro now sound great, but now my Bluetooth Buds sound cruel. :(

krolla03

Jun 29, 2007
Portland
Im a little confused by the OP and then the posts.

But does this work on One Plus 8 Pro running Android 11. Completely stock no root?

Would this work on A11 custom rom, has anyone tried yet? Currently I'm on Evox Android 11 and it has no built in dolby atmos. I would like to give this a shot since V4A isn't really that fantastic.

Edit: I flashed the attached dolby zip via magisk manager and then installed the apk after. APK kept crashing so I don't think it works on A11 customs

Last edited:

Apipote

Jan 8, 2014
Hello everyone!!
The mod works perfectly on my moto g8 power, which already has a "dolby signed audio enhancer" that I disabled.
However, TIDAL doesn't recognize the mod, and I can't use Tidal's impressive library of Dolby Atmos music.
Can you help me, please?
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts