7 weeks deep

Search This thread

EatSleepTechRepeat

May 21, 2020
Google drive? and storage.

So I've been utilising Huawei cloud for the past 6 weeks, Please see my previous post 6 weeks deep.

Looking at the eco system and the easy sync of the kit its crazy, So i've logged into my Huawei tab & logged my wife in for
the experimental purpose to see how it syncs and well i'm not disappointed.

being able to see my devices, previous and being able to delete the back ups off that is class (obviously as i know longer need it)
but if i did i could restore. i also took advantage of the 50gb free initially when i got my handset, Not sure whether that's still on?
my wife is looking to upgrade & she will want it and its free she'll be all over it lol

features I've seen are the option to auto back up my gallery (takes away the need for google photos in my opinion) back up contacts/calendar/notepad/browser
and passwords, I would say Huawei notepad with the way it syncs is exactly the same to google keep. ALSO Find my phone is there to track your phone you need to go on to cloud.huawei.com

all in all Huawei cloud is a strong 10/10. Any thoughts

TechPeck

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah the Cloud was surprisingly good - I believe the offer is still on as I only started using it a week or two ago. Do wish I could back up my Gallery via Mobile Data (Three Unlimited Plan and don't have Home WiFi) Not sure if there's a way to override this?

Just be careful with multi device sync / sharing a cloud, it's brilliant until a pic accidentally goes across to a device you didn't want/expect #eggplant ... kidding!

Yeah it's good, looking for Huawei to really find a way to do something BETTER than Apple / Google as opposed to "just as good."

EatSleepTechRepeat

May 21, 2020
Yeah the Cloud was surprisingly good - I believe the offer is still on as I only started using it a week or two ago. Do wish I could back up my Gallery via Mobile Data (Three Unlimited Plan and don't have Home WiFi) Not sure if there's a way to override this?

Just be careful with multi device sync / sharing a cloud, it's brilliant until a pic accidentally goes across to a device you didn't want/expect #eggplant ... kidding!

Yeah it's good, looking for Huawei to really find a way to do something BETTER than Apple / Google as opposed to "just as good."

PERHAPS - whacking the sim card in a tablet/hot spot and tether it then tricking the phone into connecting to it, that way the phone thinks its connected to wifi and should back up?

dw9075n

Jun 15, 2020
I found the cloud a really strong platform. Something that is defiantly worth the swap from GMS for.

EatSleepTechRepeat

May 21, 2020
I found the cloud a really strong platform. Something that is defiantly worth the swap from GMS for.

that's it right, I mean all Huawei need to do is offer an alternative to the GMS version of any app! im happy with it aslong as I can back up securely do I really care what I use? aslong as I always have access to it

ChrisHtube

May 27, 2020
Google drive? and storage.

So I've been utilising Huawei cloud for the past 6 weeks, Please see my previous post 6 weeks deep.

Looking at the eco system and the easy sync of the kit its crazy, So i've logged into my Huawei tab & logged my wife in for
the experimental purpose to see how it syncs and well i'm not disappointed.

being able to see my devices, previous and being able to delete the back ups off that is class (obviously as i know longer need it)
but if i did i could restore. i also took advantage of the 50gb free initially when i got my handset, Not sure whether that's still on?
my wife is looking to upgrade & she will want it and its free she'll be all over it lol

features I've seen are the option to auto back up my gallery (takes away the need for google photos in my opinion) back up contacts/calendar/notepad/browser
and passwords, I would say Huawei notepad with the way it syncs is exactly the same to google keep. ALSO Find my phone is there to track your phone you need to go on to cloud.huawei.com

all in all Huawei cloud is a strong 10/10. Any thoughts

Loving the cloud, plus they are giving 5GB for 12 months with every purchase or i believe 50GB if its a p40/ P40 Pro. How have you found overall use? easy, similar to Google, harder?

TechPeck

Jun 15, 2020
PERHAPS - whacking the sim card in a tablet/hot spot and tether it then tricking the phone into connecting to it, that way the phone thinks its connected to wifi and should back up?

This isn't a bad shout, I've tried with software updates way back on my Mate 10 Pro and it detected that it was still mobile data somehow and didn't work - have always assumed it wouldn't work since. Shall give it a go and report back!

rrzrbg

Oct 31, 2013
Maina Town
First Huawei in my hands ever. 50gb cloud for free with P40 Pro. Much better sync and less tracking activities at the moment, mainly because of missing maps. I dont care about missing Google stuff, except voice recognition on my language. Even on android One device i use Microsoft services. Onedrive autoupload doesnt work here and its a must to be fixed! Price... around 700 Euro with Gt2 watch as a gift. Camera, Voice, Sound... no comment at all! Even without G$$gle the phone is the best of!

What i want to be updated, fixed or maded:
Microsoft services... some of them are dependant on google
Maps app
Voice recognition, Text to speech on many languages...
There own pay app connected to mobile providers

dw9075n

Jun 15, 2020
First Huawei in my hands ever. 50gb cloud for free with P40 Pro. Much better sync and less tracking activities at the moment, mainly because of missing maps. I dont care about missing Google stuff, except voice recognition on my language. Even on android One device i use Microsoft services. Onedrive autoupload doesnt work here and its a must to be fixed! Price... around 700 Euro with Gt2 watch as a gift. Camera, Voice, Sound... no comment at all! Even without G$$gle the phone is the best of!

What i want to be updated, fixed or maded:
Microsoft services... some of them are dependant on google
Maps app
Voice recognition, Text to speech on many languages...
There own pay app connected to mobile providers

In the Uk I use Waze or the Tomtom app for the mapping. I've not had any issue with office apps so cannot help on that one sorry.

rrzrbg

Oct 31, 2013
Maina Town
waze and google maps works out of the box except sync.... microsoft autoupload is broken in OneDrive...I have 1Tb prepaid. Office works like a charm.!When i mention maps... i mean their own map service. Their phones are used globaly, so the database will be filled very quickly.