I really like this ROM. I am using it since yesterday and I encountered no problem but one - after some time camera just stops working.
It is not the problem with the app, I tried also another camera app. In both apps problem is the same: "Can't connect to the camera"
After system reboot everything seems to be OK, but only for some time. After few hours, camera stops working again. Has anyone encountered the same issue?
Also I have another question: there is possibility to donate for developing of this ROM and to donate for building of this ROM for our Nexus 5?
It's been impossible for me to download the ROM, anyone got any mirrors?
If I download anything from any other location (Androidfilehost, for example) it bumps my speed up to 1024kb/s as it should be, but with CarbonROM it won't go fullspeed, not even downloading it correctly
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #TeamCarbon on freenode IRC.
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.
We only support Dynamic GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.
How to install?
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO
Oh man, who do we thank?
There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
For the base, shout outs to AOSPA and UBER for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running