[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | CR-5.1 [hammerhead]

Search This thread

vikrant699

Mar 31, 2015
New Delhi
yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's Github and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #TeamCarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

We only support Dynamic GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.

Get CarbonROM
Dynamic GApps
Github
Gerrit
Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
vikrant699
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: CR-5.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-16

Created 2017-02-16
Last Updated 2017-02-16

vikrant699

Mar 31, 2015
New Delhi
How to install?
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO

Oh man, who do we thank?
There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
For the base, shout outs to AOSPA and UBER for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running

shrek69

Jul 1, 2011
Hi, I love CarbonRom ;) but this release dont install to my Nexus 5.

I have TWRP 3.0.3 but in install I see only Format /system and instaling not continuing... :(

Any idea to fixed it?

Sorry for my bad english.

Reactions: Eduardo C.

attily89

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks @vikrant699!

I've just installed this rom with TWRP 3.0.2, adding Gello as a browser (smoother than chromium and chrome)
@shrek69 just wait a little bit more, it could take few minutes from "format /system"..

Last edited:

Rondeau7

Nov 20, 2014
I am loving this ROM! But Carbon isn't the same since KitKat! No bugs, very smooth. Themed out dark with substratum, blue spark kernel and a KitKat launcher. My speed!

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
Hi, I love CarbonRom ;) but this release dont install to my Nexus 5.

I have TWRP 3.0.3 but in install I see only Format /system and instaling not continuing... :(

Any idea to fixed it?

Sorry for my bad english.
It took about 10 mins to install I do didn't think it was flashing but it did.
It's a very smooth bug free ( far as I use)
Looks and feels good.
Thanks Devs

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's Github and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #TeamCarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

We only support Dynamic GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.

Get CarbonROM
    Dynamic GApps
    Github
    Gerrit
    Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    vikrant699
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: CR-5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-02-16

Created 2017-02-16
    Last Updated 2017-02-16
    How to install?
    - download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
    - boot into recovery of choice
    - wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
    - flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO

Oh man, who do we thank?
    There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
    Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
    For the base, shout outs to AOSPA and UBER for their changes that make the rom fly.
    Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running
    CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-20170426-1641.zip
    Link - https://www.androidfil…fid=817550096634765073