[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [sumire]

Search This thread
mostly logcat - log content immediately before and after activating (attempting) to use AndroidPay & NFC

output of dmesg also doesn't hurt

@Myself5: Attached is a logcat of when I tried to use AndroidPay yesterday. I opened it up, held it to the payment terminal and nothing was recognized. I ended up having to use my card. Let me know if there's any other information that would be useful to troubleshoot why this isn't working. I know the same issue exists in LineageOS so I'm going to post there as well hoping it will help.

Attachments

• AndroidPay.txt
    77.9 KB · Views: 12

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
I'm finding the page technically works, but there's nothing available for download (no devices are listed)

Looking at the Gibthup repo there's a hint - the current branch isn't 5.1 anymore (like noted in the title of this thread), it's 6.1.

Looks like Oreo is coming. @Myself5 made a comment about changes in the backbone of carbonrom.org and the infrastructure behind this ROM - I'd say something BIG is coming soon :D:D:D

balrajs99

Apr 1, 2014
Aarhus
Looking at the Gibthup repo there's a hint - the current branch isn't 5.1 anymore (like noted in the title of this thread), it's 6.1.

Looks like Oreo is coming. @Myself5 made a comment about changes in the backbone of carbonrom.org and the infrastructure behind this ROM - I'd say something BIG is coming soon :D:D:D

I follow the repo and carbon rom gerrit too, it's gonna be 8.1 Oreo. I'm excited for it. ✌️

Reactions: Abdollah hosh

balrajs99

Apr 1, 2014
Aarhus

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
My FM Radio app isn't working, it does open and find some stations, but there is no music or sound playing. Can someone send me, or at least tell me where to download stock Fm radio app that will work with this rom?
I downloaded a fm radio, but it crashes when started, maybe it's not for nougat...

pinky0x51

Nov 6, 2015

Looks like Oreo is coming.

Where did you saw it. I also looked around at Github because I got a little bit nervous because there are no online updates for quite some time. I found this repository https://github.com/CarbonROM/android_device_sony_sumire

The last update is one year old and there is no 6.1 branch. Meanwhile there are some ROMs available at get.carbonrom.org but no xperia z5. Hope this is not a bad sign.

Last edited:

abhijiths362

Sep 25, 2017
pandalam
OnePlus 7T Pro
Bro at least tell us any month

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

This is killing me . No offense you guys are gr8 , but even Xperia z2 got Oreo custom rom

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

If there is no Oreo we can at least I can understand but you guys are giving us a ray of hope . Your hard work is amazing . Even Sony didn't supported this phone these much .I don't want the exact ETA but an estimated time. Plz plz plz .......:)

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

If there is no Oreo we can at least I can understand but you guys are giving us a ray of hope . Your hard work is amazing . Even Sony didn't supported this phone these much .I don't want the exact ETA but an estimated time. Plz plz plz .......:)

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Can someone help me with the FM radio issue? It opens but there is no sound (not even noise)..

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Bro at least tell us any month

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

This is killing me . No offense you guys are gr8 , but even Xperia z2 got Oreo custom rom

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I specifically liked the
I dont' want exact ETA but an estimated time.
part.

To remove the abbreviations in that sentence we require the following definition:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_time_of_arrival

The sentence therefore means:
I dont want an exact estimated time of arrival but an estimated time.

Congrats on murdering English.

By now you should know that asking for ETAs won't help, if at all its resulting in the opposite. Devs prefering other devices over the ones with the annoying users.

Think about it.

balrajs99

Apr 1, 2014
Aarhus
Sorry bro just being curious. If u want to remove me you can . It's my mistake. I questioned your hard work. Btw, honestly I thought ETA means exact time . Thanks for the knowledge.
Don't ask for ETA it'll only result in delay.
I suggest you rather than asking, follow this and check for cr-6.1 branch when it comes up and also this. In the latter one check for subjects / project which has 8994 or kitakami or sumire in it. So you don't need to bother developers for status or ETA . ;) :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
    Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-01
    Last Updated 2018-03-17
    FPC/DSDS/Generic

I uploaded the build with a working Fingerprint sensor on my private server, you can find it here:

https://dl.myself5.de/sumire/CarbonROM

Said new build I has a new fixing attempt for the DSDS/Generic device unification, SDCard and RIL should work on both devices now. If there are any occuring issues with it, please let me know.

In addition to that, it contains the today-merged dataicon fix (so H and H+ Icons now show properly) and plenty of updates from stock that were previously files and configs from ivy. Also some sound issues should be fixed. Basically, this build includes all of these changes:
    https://review.carbonrom.org/#/q/branch:cr-5.1+topic:sumire-test

On top, we reworked the whole ROM sources recently as we came across some reboot issues due to the wrong CAF tag that got merged. We took care of that and so far it seems like its performing better than it was ever before.

This was the reason why Weeklies have been timed out last week BTW.

With that: Happy testing folks.
    Idk what do U mean. I just asked a normal question. Many builds of 8.0 have been released so far, what's more, I have one on my old Xperia SP. And I'm just wondering how long will we wait for 8.0 on Z5. If my knowledge is not enough, then educate me a bit, cuz I don't see anything wrong with my question :confused:

So heres the deal then:
    1) The SP has one of the most dedicated developers I know.
    2) The SP can run on AOSP HALs and code.
    3) AdrianDC started to work on Oreo almost 3 months ago by working on master.
    4) The Z5 needs CAF HALs. That includes various ROM sided changes that will require a lot of work. The msm8994 related caf code has not even been released yet.
    5) You ask for a releasedate, like this would be my job. This is a hobby, I do it in my freetime, and asking for ETAs will neither speed up my work, nor motivate me further into working on the Z5. I'm not even running Oreo on my Daily driver, my Google Pixel, yet because I simply don't have the time to do it at the moment, as every free minute is going into the CAF bringup and working on other Carbon things, yet you're here, asking me when it would finally arrive as if I'd just be too lazy to do it.
    6) It will come eventually, but I just can not say why, because I havnt even started yet. My main focus at the moment is, along with some Carbon features, getting the Nexus 6 to fully work. After that I'll finally move on to my Pixel, after that the msm8994 caf tags might have been dropped so that I can start working on that. Again: there is no timeframe and no ETA. I neither can, nor want to provide any ETA, because I likely won't be able to hold on to it anyways. Theres always something coming up in between.
    First 7.1.2 Testbuild

If someone feels like testing, I just uploaded a new build to https://dl.myself5.de/sumire/CarbonROM/
    The version CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-M5Edition-sumire-20170417-1911 is built from the completely rebased 7.1.2 sources, and contains all sumire specifc fixes we talked about recently.

New official builds will be restarting soon, and we'll return to the "normal" weekly schedule :)

Happy flashing

P.S.: The video recording and the screenrecorder issues will be looked into later.

EDIT: For 7.1.2 you require 7.1.2 compatible GApps. Working ones are BeansGapps by @BeansTown106 for example.
    "Some" Progress

So, I havn't talked much about it recently, as there was nothing progressing.
    However that changed in the last few days. @gtpitch jumped in, and together we got some party going.
    There is still a lot of polishing needed, as some of the CAF things break some things on other devices, like the Pixel that doesn't even compile due to double definitions of some CAF repos, so don't expect the CAF-Z5 going Weekly in the next few weeks, but here is a little something:

IMG_20170215_224636.jpg