• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [z3c]

Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-01
Last Updated 2018-03-17

panzerox123

Sep 17, 2015
Bangalore
First! Yay! Question1: Is the camera working?
Question 2: Is there VOLTE?
And a tip: Please add a list of features working and not working :)
BTW @Myself5 , great work on the kernel :)
Edit: Error 7 in TWRP, editing updater-script and trying again.
Edit 2: Removed getprop commands. no error 7. extracting system right now
Edit 3(Final): Rom boots up. Network working. Connects to LTE. Wifi working. Very smooth.
But camera doesnt work. Once you get it working, i will be back ;)

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
First! Yay! Question1: Is the camera working?
Question 2: Is there VOLTE?
And a tip: Please add a list of features working and not working :)
BTW @Myself5 , great work on the kernel :)
Edit: Error 7 in TWRP, editing updater-script and trying again.
Edit 2: Removed getprop commands. no error 7. extracting system right now
Edit 3(Final): Rom boots up. Network working. Connects to LTE. Wifi working. Very smooth.
But camera doesnt work. Once you get it working, i will be back ;)

Feature List is WIP. Will be delivered later on this week.
There just was no time to do this this morning 4AM, jenkins just took up too much time :p
Q2: Never tested that, my SIM doesn't support it, neither is there LTE coverage for it here. Would be cool if you could try and report back.

Error7: You probably had a recovery that was using "z3c" as the device name, I went for the real Sony codename (aries). Might not have been the best idea, as it was already misstaken as a Xiaomi Mi2 here :D https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/5ldrav/carbon_rom_android_711_nightlies_out_for_xiaomi/

Regarding cam: this phone is going to kill me. On my testbuild I did yesterday cam was working flawlessly...
I'll review the weekly and see if I can upload a new one.

Also, is anyone here experiencing any NFC issues? Its working fine on my Z3C, but @ronin86 keeps on having issues with it with it.

panzerox123

Sep 17, 2015
Bangalore
Feature List is WIP. Will be delivered later on this week.
There just was no time to do this this morning 4AM, jenkins just took up too much time :p
Q2: Never tested that, my SIM doesn't support it, neither is there LTE coverage for it here. Would be cool if you could try and report back.

Error7: You probably had a recovery that was using "z3c" as the device name, I went for the real Sony codename (aries). Might not have been the best idea, as it was already misstaken as a Xiaomi Mi2 here :D https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/5ldrav/carbon_rom_android_711_nightlies_out_for_xiaomi/

Regarding cam: this phone is going to kill me. On my testbuild I did yesterday cam was working flawlessly...
I'll review the weekly and see if I can upload a new one.

Also, is anyone here experiencing any NFC issues? Its working fine on my Z3C, but @ronin86 keeps on having issues with it with it.
Thanks for the reply! I haven't tried NFC, switched back to my ROM. I was just trying out new ROMs. Great job on the ROM btw, apart from camera, the ROM is pretty stable. I didn't want to switch, but camera is a deal breaker for me. :)
I would love to switch to 7.1.1. Maybe you might want to consider switching the bootanim... its kinda choppy :)

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Very nice! First official 7.1.1 ROM :) There is also one more bug, when I tried to launch a torch from a quick settings the phone rebooted itself.
Torch was greyed out for me, I couldn't turn it on.

Last edited:

Rhonin86

Nov 17, 2011
Hagen
First of all a

REAL BIG THX

to @Myself5 :D for all his engagement and calmness while the developing time....

Concerning NFC : with the last prerelease Version i decided to flash first the ROM, then directly without booting newest OpenGapps nano and SuperSU 2.79 - And after booting the miracle happens - NFC switch appears and keeps static - and it reacts to a NFC chip by opening the related website... :D

I also encountered a permanent wakelock maybe related to charging and not rebooting afterward .... i have to check

Cam was working in the prerelease version

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you

Rhonin

Th3fishu

Sep 20, 2014
Tarnów
Torch was greyed out for me, I couldn't turn it on.
Ikr, but when I pressed it to see if it's working my phone rebooted itself.

EDIT: There is also one more bug, related to phone calls. I can hear person which is talking to me clearly, but the person to which I'm talking hear something like (echo of my voice?). That's the only problem in term of phone calls, because I didn't experienced reboots during phone calls, and it appears that the volume is changing ;)

Last edited:

markurt30

Feb 6, 2014
for now a big thank you!!!

consider to write on the top that the unlocked bootloader is necessary. for people don't know it could be good. sorry for my english!
i'll try to support in an economic way too, if possible.

TadMSTR

Jun 21, 2010
NJ
I really liked using CarbonROM on my previous phones. With SLiMM now dead it's nice to see a good alternative for the z3c. I thought development on the z3c was dying. Thank you for bringing Nougat to this phone. I was really close to getting a new one. Not many options for a compact SD801 or higher. Dislike large phones. Was considering a OnePlus 3T only because I can put my work sim in with my personal sim.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads:
    Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-01
    Last Updated 2018-03-17
    to Myself5: [...]
    can i ask you, will you try port cr 6.x to our device?
    [...]

I purposely ignored that question the last time already because I was sure I had it answered before.. turns out that was in the Z3 thread. Oups.

So here's the answer for you Z3C people too:

Yes. All shinano devices will be receive cr-6.1. i'm pretty busy with Core development ATM, which is why I barely have time to work on the devices I dont need every day (which ATM is my Pixel 2 XL and my Nexus 6 for testing). Thats why I didn't release any testbuilds. However. Thanks to the amazing work @rcstar6696 did already, I was able to get the Z3 updated in about an hour (that includes 20mins of actually building it). I currently don't have my Z3C with me, but I'm fairly sure that one won't take much longer either.

That means, the shinano platform will be among the supported devices on cr-6.1 launch.

Merry Christmas to you all and happy Holidays.
    What does "Release" mean, all builds have "weekly" and the latest one has "release"..

We stopped Weekly builds (as we focus on Oreo) but there will be monthly security updates (so monthly RELEASEs) and bugfixes along. Thats why we called it release from now on :p

The next Weekly builds will be based on Oreo.
    Be prepared for what comes next Tuesday.
    Hey guys, I'm one of the core developers of CarbonROM...

...and there is something I would like to address:
    I would like to keep our threads clean, and strictly about development and/or related topics. XDA is the place to be helping one another, sharing ideas, bringing each other up in this developer community through contributions. Because of the impulse of certain users, I want to follow a strict policy for postings.

The general idea of what should/should not be posted here is outlined in the XDA forum rules.

MikeChannon said:
    Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc., as well as R&D development discussion threads designed with an end goal

Things like...
    I love your rom, running great! But, battery life is not as good as XXX rom, please add XXX into the rom.
    ...should not be posted here.

Things like...
    "I love your rom, but I'm getting memory issues that are not present in XXX rom that affect battery drainage. XXX rom has a the patch on their gerrit that may potentially solve the memory leak. I'll send a push to your gerrit review server so you guys can check it out!"
    ...are welcomed with open arms (and maybe even kisses, too!)

The only off-topic posts that may happen here may come from a CarbonROM core developer announcing or asking for a certain opinion on XXX feature. Thanks for understanding, this is the way development threads were meant to be in these forums. I invite everyone to stay vigilant to report posts that do not follow the summary by MikeChannon in the XDA rules about what should not be posted. Do not engage users if they don't follow the XDA rules, Forum Moderators exist for the purpose of handling such users ;). Long live the report button!