7T Pro 5G McLaren Speed Test( Location/LTE vs 5G/): possible after conversion to INTL

Do you see a difference between 5G and LTE

• Total voters
Search This thread

imstill@g

Jun 6, 2007
OnePlus 9
As we get our new devices, we will have many conversations and opinions about 5G vs LTE, battery life on both protocols, previous speeds, etc.
It's my hope to gather data about these topics.
I propose we keep the following data sets available:

4GLTE Speeds on Current device: ( Ex: One Plus 7T 30 Mbps down / 5 Mbps down) Screenshots ?)

5G Speeds on OP7TP5GME:... Ridiculous acronym....( Ex: One Plus 7T 300 Mbps down / 50 Mbps down) We wish! ( Screenshots ?)

App or website used: ( Speedtest by Ookla.apk or Fast.com)

Battery Life stats after Full Charge on 5G and normal use: ( Not necessary, but would add insight to data set)(Screenshots ?)

• I will follow this protocol on 12/11 or 12/12 once device is received
I will unlock my bootloader, if possible I will root and convert to international and also re-eport my findings after conversion.

Last edited:

eep1

May 26, 2007
McAllen
Mine is coming Tuesday. No 5G in McAllen yet but can report 4G speeds.

Interested if 5G still works after converting to international.

BranBro365

Jan 30, 2019
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Can you still use 5g after converting to international?
100% DO NOT quote me on this, I'm just assuming. It should still work since 5G is a hardware thing and not a software thing. BUT I could see it not working after messing around with the software to convert to international. This is a really good question, because I have had a 6T and now a 7 Pro with T-Mobile and have converted both over to international. I just messaged T-Mobile to see about getting the 7T Pro McLaren, but if I can't convert it to international and still have 5G then it's a no go for that phone.

Reactions: jacklivehere

cniels01

May 23, 2008
Boise
I bought the T-Mobile McLaren 5G today. I'm really impressed with it so far. I will post some speed tests from Boise Idaho tomorrow when I'm in a better coverage area.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jacklivehere

js042507

Jan 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Has anyone managed to get the 5G bootloader unlocked? I got TMO to sim unlock the phone, which allows it to be unlocked, but i cant find info on the normal BIN unlock for this phone.
Nope. You have to get the bootloader unlock token from OnePlus before you can do anything. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. LOL. I learned my lesson to never buy carrier phones. Miss the good ol days. Ok, venting done. So yeah, you have to submit for a token after getting your SIM unlocked here...https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token. Oh, and it will take at least 7 days! LMAO.

EDIT: To add, once the token is received and the bootloader is unlocked, it should be very simple to root via magisk method. Any guide for the 7t pro model should suffice.

eep1

May 26, 2007
McAllen
Couple screen shots. I was testing my phone against my wife's S10 plus and hers was faster than mine. Mine said 5G but I don't think that's here yet.

The two screen shots are both my phone, one with 5G on and one off. With it off mine is decently faster than the S10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191213-154250.jpg
    Screenshot_20191213-154250.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 736
  • Screenshot_20191213-154413.jpg
    Screenshot_20191213-154413.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 729

Trevaryn

Jun 23, 2011
Washington
OnePlus 9 Pro
Couple screen shots. I was testing my phone against my wife's S10 plus and hers was faster than mine. Mine said 5G but I don't think that's here yet.

The two screen shots are both my phone, one with 5G on and one off. With it off mine is decently faster than the S10.

You know it odd cause I'm getting the exact opposite results as you my 5G speeds are anywhere between 80 and 180 megabits per second. But when I'm on 4G I'm tapping out at like 30 to 40 on speed tests. another weird thing that I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's the apps or the phone or what but when I try to use apps like Spotify YouTube or any app that loads something from the web and I'm on 5G the apps load considerably slower then they used to with 4G

eep1

May 26, 2007
McAllen
I had a thought, the current 5G uses band 4 just for connecting and 71 for service. So, since I don't actually have 5G the phone thinks it has a 5G connection so isn't concerned with a fast connection on band 4 since it think the real connection is on 71. I turn off the non existent 5G and the phone negotiates a full connection on 4.

Or I could be completely wrong.

Nope. You have to get the bootloader unlock token from OnePlus before you can do anything. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. LOL. I learned my lesson to never buy carrier phones. Miss the good ol days. Ok, venting done. So yeah, you have to submit for a token after getting your SIM unlocked here...https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token. Oh, and it will take at least 7 days! LMAO.

EDIT: To add, once the token is received and the bootloader is unlocked, it should be very simple to root via magisk method. Any guide for the 7t pro model should suffice.

I actually applied for the Bin Token on the 11th, so I should have it in a couple days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd actually really like to know if 5G works after conversion if possible as well. I hate the TMO splash screens and would like the faster updates.
    As we get our new devices, we will have many conversations and opinions about 5G vs LTE, battery life on both protocols, previous speeds, etc.
    It's my hope to gather data about these topics.
    I propose we keep the following data sets available:

4GLTE Speeds on Current device: ( Ex: One Plus 7T 30 Mbps down / 5 Mbps down) Screenshots ?)

5G Speeds on OP7TP5GME:... Ridiculous acronym....( Ex: One Plus 7T 300 Mbps down / 50 Mbps down) We wish! ( Screenshots ?)

App or website used: ( Speedtest by Ookla.apk or Fast.com)

Battery Life stats after Full Charge on 5G and normal use: ( Not necessary, but would add insight to data set)(Screenshots ?)

• I will follow this protocol on 12/11 or 12/12 once device is received
    I will unlock my bootloader, if possible I will root and convert to international and also re-eport my findings after conversion.
    Has anyone managed to get the 5G bootloader unlocked? I got TMO to sim unlock the phone, which allows it to be unlocked, but i cant find info on the normal BIN unlock for this phone.

Speeds in Tacoma,wa