7T Pro McLaren 5G Update 10.0.39.HD61CB Released

Search This thread

starcms

May 7, 2010
New Orleans
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
5G NR working here with .39 and R15 sim. Well, I should say 5G NR data is working. When set to NR only in #*#*4636#*#* and wifi off, I'm not able to make voice calls. (Before .39 and R15 SIm, setting it to NR only resulted in zero service. So 5G NR is definitely working!)

It's not the new R15 sim causing the problem. Without the R15 sim, one can't even connect to SA 5G for data.

Is that just me or is that the same for everyone? Does Vo5GNR not exist yet? Or only in some areas?

Edit: According to this: https://www.telecompetitor.com/understanding-t-mobile-standalone-5g-technology-what-is-vonr-vinr/

it says TMobile does support VoNR but in addition, supports "the first low-band standalone (SA) 5G voice call using evolved packet system (EPS) fallback to VoLTE". Is it possible they haven't deployed VoNR yet? Can someone set to NR only with wiif off and try making a call?

edit2: After some further reading, the X55 modem doesn't support VoNR. The upcoming X60 will. So there isn't a single phone on the market currently that supports VoNR. I know in about phone it shows NR for voice and data, but that's not accurate. https://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-x60-5g-1084417/ https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...hird-generation-5g-modem-rf-system-enhance-5g

However, I'd still like someone to confirm my findings.

Last edited:

DrWowe

Mar 20, 2006
Also probably the reason the NR only mode is hidden in the debug menu instead of a regular setting.

Speedtest results in NR only mode are disappointing slow. Slower than NSA mode. And NSA is slower than plain old LTE at my house, which has been pretty consistent since I bought this phone.

On the plus side, LTE service in my area has actually gotten faster over the 6 months I've had this phone, so that's nice. :)

starcms

May 7, 2010
New Orleans
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Also probably the reason the NR only mode is hidden in the debug menu instead of a regular setting.

Speedtest results in NR only mode are disappointing slow. Slower than NSA mode. And NSA is slower than plain old LTE at my house, which has been pretty consistent since I bought this phone.

On the plus side, LTE service in my area has actually gotten faster over the 6 months I've had this phone, so that's nice. :)

Speed results at my home: LTE is approx 75/12mbps constant
NSA 5G low-band: is approx 120/20 (but can drop to 10/5 at times, even before SA mode became available)
SA 5G low-band: approx 5/5mbps

If set to auto settings, it'll stay on 5G NSA 95% of the time. SA 5G definitely isn't ready for primetime yet lol.

Future 5G low-band updates (currently in progress across the US) and especially mid-band (n41, 2500MHz) availability will greatly increase speeds to 300+mbps (already available in 200+ cities and T-Mobile says 1000+ cities by end of 2020 -- most are small cities in only a handful of states as of now). Haven't had a chance to test it personally.

Last edited:

DrWowe

Mar 20, 2006
I ran a bunch of speedtests today, and discovered that 5G NSA was performing better than ever (even faster than plain LTE) while 5G SA was extremely disappointing.

Anyone found a hidden setting or app that can _disable_ NR SA?

The speedtests results tell me I'm better off without it for the time being, at least until TMobile fine tunes and works out the initial rollout kinks.

Last edited:

starcms

May 7, 2010
New Orleans
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I ran a bunch of speedtests today, and discovered that 5G NSA was performing better than ever (even faster than plain LTE) while 5G SA was extremely disappointing.

Anyone found a hidden setting or app that can _disable_ NR SA?

The speedtests results tell me I'm better off without it for the time being, at least until TMobile fine tunes and works out the initial rollout kinks.

Don't think you can disable SA 5G, but my phone stays on NSA 5G the vast majority of the time. I'm assuming TMobile set it that way on purpose knowing that their 5G SA network is very slow at the moment.

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
Is there a manual way to install this? I've got an unlocked bootloader, I was rooted but I couldn't get this update to install, I keep getting "Installation problem" and no real details. So I restored my original boot.img which I'd backed up. So now my phone isn't rooted and yet I'm still encountering the same exact error. The only thing I can think of is the unlocked bootloader, which sucks. I'll have to jump through some serious hoops to go back to 100% stock (because the userdata will be lost). Hoping somebody has found a way to just manually flash this somehow.

starcms

May 7, 2010
New Orleans
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Is there a manual way to install this? I've got an unlocked bootloader, I was rooted but I couldn't get this update to install, I keep getting "Installation problem" and no real details. So I restored my original boot.img which I'd backed up. So now my phone isn't rooted and yet I'm still encountering the same exact error. The only thing I can think of is the unlocked bootloader, which sucks. I'll have to jump through some serious hoops to go back to 100% stock (because the userdata will be lost). Hoping somebody has found a way to just manually flash this somehow.

No way to manually flash any OTA or updates on this phone. Either your boot partition isn't stock, your recovery partition isn't stock, your reserve partition is missing or is the wrong version (if you never or incorrectly restored it after you first unlocked the bootloader), or any other system partition (system, vendor, product, odm -- all which are contained in super.img thanks to Android 10) isn't stock. If it's boot or recovery or reserve you can fix. If it's anything else, your only option is to run the latest MSM tool to get back to stock (wiping all data in the process), followed by unlocking again, running the correct version of the tool to restore reserve.img, and go from there.

If you simply unlocked the bootloader and never read the thread about restoring your reserve partition, that's likely your problem since you already restored boot to stock. And an easy fix.

And I can't say this enough, BACK UP YOUR PERSIST PARTITION NOW! It's unique to your specific phone and SHOULD never ever be altered in any way. OTAs don't touch it. It won't prevent you from taking OTAs if you corrupt it, which is very likely on this phone sooner or later with the bootloader unlocked, but you will wind up with a broken fingerprint sensor/reader (which if you are lucky can be fixed yourself without RMA, but it's much, much easier just to make a backup to begin with).

Edit: The 10.0.39 version of the MSM tool came out, so you can use that to restore/update, but you'll lose all data in the process, and have to unlock the bootloader again and then restore/fix your reserve partition (so that future OTA updates will work) again.

Last edited:

starcms

May 7, 2010
New Orleans
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Since updating, I've noticed that Google Pay no longer works. Also, with the new Majisk UI, there is no more MajiskHide list. Any one else notice this?

The new version of Magisk comes with MagiskHide disabled by default if you do a fresh install of Magisk. You need to go into settings in the Magisk app and enable it. Reboot. Problem solved. And the MagiskHide list will reappear too :)

Bildo41383

Jan 16, 2016
Smithfield
The new version of Magisk comes with MagiskHide disabled by default if you do a fresh install of Magisk. You need to go into settings in the Magisk app and enable it. Reboot. Problem solved. And the MagiskHide list will reappear too :)

Thank you, all set now. Still not digging the new UI of Majisk though.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone