7T vs Realme x2 Pro

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
Just noticed that this device will be available in Europe and the UK in November and am struggling to think of any reason to go for the 7T over this,other than OxygenOS,

This thing seems to have everything,including 64mp camera,20x zoom,50 watt charging,90hz display,dual speakers,the list goes on ,and it's much cheaper than the 7T,

Also Realme is under Oppo just like OnePlus

https://www.realme.com/eu/realme-x2-pro

moi123

Mar 5, 2007
No one knows, until it's available. There's a dude on the X2Pro forum who's got it and sharing feedback on the phone. I too was debating whether to wait, but because of the recent 11.11 sales snagged a 7T for cheap. Loving it so far.

If you can wait, why not? :)

manus31

May 7, 2016
No one knows, until it's available. There's a dude on the X2Pro forum who's got it and sharing feedback on the phone. I too was debating whether to wait, but because of the recent 11.11 sales snagged a 7T for cheap. Loving it so far.

If you can wait, why not? :)
What are you talking about ?
Both these phones are available

morback

Mar 9, 2011
The different reviews I saw seem to say that the OP7T camera is a bit better.... But man, this 50W charging... And apparently lots of Realme phones get OOS custom ROMs... Imagine an X2 pro with OOS... I'm still waiting to receive my OP7T from China so the price is similar with an X2 Pro but if I had bought an OP7T at the official European price, I would send it back right away to get an X2 pro.
Just my 2 cents :)

manus31

May 7, 2016
The different reviews I saw seem to say that the OP7T camera is a bit better.... But man, this 50W charging... And apparently lots of Realme phones get OOS custom ROMs... Imagine an X2 pro with OOS... I'm still waiting to receive my OP7T from China so the price is similar with an X2 Pro but if I had bought an OP7T at the official European price, I would send it back right away to get an X2 pro.
Just my 2 cents :)

I would agree, €600 in Europe and you only get the 8/128 model.Get it in China you can get it much cheaper or even the 8/256 model for around €500.
For me personally I just don't like the idea of them opening the device and flashing OOS on the China version. I like my phone to be new,untouched, factory sealed,(though with Oneplus pricing I am thinking I might have to get over that)

The Realme though is excellent value for €500 for 12/256 though your taking a hit in the camera processing and the software experience overall

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
For me personally I just don't like the idea of them opening the device and flashing OOS on the China version. I like my phone to be new,untouched, factory sealed

Them? Who? You can buy X2Pro with Oxygen OS?

As far as I've read, like others have said, Color OS and the camera are the downsides of X2Pro. But once the Dev community gets going, we can always flash a custom rom so one issue is sorted. I'm not so sure about the camera.

And 7T may get a price cut once X2 Pro is available everywhere, who knows.

Last edited:

manus31

May 7, 2016
once you get over that there's nothing to it...it's a phone

True ,but this is where my OCD and paranoia kicks in,who's to know how long that phone was used,did it drop,was it scratched,what kind of defects did it pick up.

But besides that,the prices are great so small price perhaps if the phone arrives safe

aleck0112

Jan 5, 2017
True ,but this is where my OCD and paranoia kicks in,who's to know how long that phone was used,did it drop,was it scratched,what kind of defects did it pick up.

But besides that,the prices are great so small price perhaps if the phone arrives safe

yeah it's a bit different for me since I bought it from a local seller who imported the phone sealed from China, then before he unbox and install ROM I received real time image of it still sealed with imei. So pretty much the phone was new out of box and it was like a friend helped me install the ROM, no worries.
So maybe try to do that to help with the OCD :p

Reactions: manus31

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
Someone convince me to go for the 7T.

Where I stay, the X2 Pro is about $75 cheaper. But it was weird niggles like fingerprint not working after you unlock the bootloader and obviously the dev community is lacking.

My main concern about 7T is the battery life, especially with 90Hz. Someone tell me this isn't an issue. I certainly value dev/AOSP roms, though currently there's not much going on here except a couple of kernels (good ones though). I suppose this device needs more time for the ROMs scene to gather pace, hopefully..

morback

Mar 9, 2011

Where I stay, the X2 Pro is about $75 cheaper. But it was weird niggles like fingerprint not working after you unlock the bootloader and obviously the dev community is lacking.

My main concern about 7T is the battery life, especially with 90Hz. Someone tell me this isn't an issue. I certainly value dev/AOSP roms, though currently there's not much going on here except a couple of kernels (good ones though). I suppose this device needs more time for the ROMs scene to gather pace, hopefully..
The main reason there is not that much custom ROMs for now is that there is not working TWRP yet. There is still one on XDA, Omnirom, which seems to be pretty functional. Honestly battery life is perfect on this phone, and warp charge 30T makes you stop thinking about it IMHO.

Reactions: OuncE718

veeholics

Apr 3, 2010
Jakarta
I read somewhere that unlocking the bootloader on X2 Pro disables the under display FP scanner. I think that's a big deal if you're into flashing and stuff.
Such a turnoff for an otherwise amazing phone.

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
I suspect once more phones start shipping with Android 10 (maybe from Jan), TWRP will be fixed.

Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger in a few hours.

Someone tell me green/etc tint on the display isn't an issue [emoji14][emoji849]

Edit: And buy, i did.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yeah it's a bit different for me since I bought it from a local seller who imported the phone sealed from China, then before he unbox and install ROM I received real time image of it still sealed with imei. So pretty much the phone was new out of box and it was like a friend helped me install the ROM, no worries.
    So maybe try to do that to help with the OCD :p
    I believe some Chinese online resellers accept not to open the sealed box if you ask for it.

The main reason there is not that much custom ROMs for now is that there is not working TWRP yet. There is still one on XDA, Omnirom, which seems to be pretty functional. Honestly battery life is perfect on this phone, and warp charge 30T makes you stop thinking about it IMHO.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone