7VC

Search This thread

geeksmurf

Nov 9, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Source code for 7VC has now been posted. Likely the typical security update but sure hoping it does something about my battery drain. Anyone else having really bad battery life? on 7VB?

Source code for 7VC has now been posted. Likely the typical security update but sure hoping it does something about my battery drain. Anyone else having really bad battery life? on 7VB?

Yes, I ended up giving up on the G5 because the battery life was absolutely abysmal. (The garbage GPS and constant prospect that image retention could start occurring at any time didn't help either.) This was on a brand new, genuine LG battery too.

Just a warning to anyone who has been using the Hidden Menu trick to unlock their Sprint G5: the ZVC update will almost certainly be the patch that removes the ability to use the hidden menu. That is, if you update you will probably NOT be able to re-unlock the phone in the future. I suspect this will also remove the ability to edit the APN settings.

Reactions: khoailang2500

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
I have the image retention problem. About a month ago I had to send in my g5 twice to lg repair. Volume button down stopped working. Also image retention. First go around the replaced the buttons and sent it back. It did not fix the problem. Right out of the box it was still broke. Second go round the replaced the main board. That fixed the volume button but they did not replace the LCD. Both times I put a handwritten note as well as online now about the image retention. This is the last lg device I will buy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, I ended up giving up on the G5 because the battery life was absolutely abysmal. (The garbage GPS and constant prospect that image retention could start occurring at any time didn't help either.) This was on a brand new, genuine LG battery too.

Just a warning to anyone who has been using the Hidden Menu trick to unlock their Sprint G5: the ZVC update will almost certainly be the patch that removes the ability to use the hidden menu. That is, if you update you will probably NOT be able to re-unlock the phone in the future. I suspect this will also remove the ability to edit the APN settings.