OmniROM Gerrit Review

OmniROM G+

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

Intro :
Hello, Comrades! I want to present to you testing verison of Omni Oreo. This ROM is result of collaboration work and use works of many developers: @andr68rus, @codeworks, @infrag, @mosimchah, etc. OFC, ROM now in testing status. For now ROM has working porting from caf by @codeworkx new kernel for Oreo, has updated vendor, fully hidilized and oreo-fied. Welcome to test it.

Downloads :

Whats work:
  • RIL
  • BT/Wifi
  • Sound
  • LED
  • Camera (but for now with green preview and no video, bugged and long start)
  • Other main features

Dont work/bugs:
  • Camera is buggy, it need ~10 sec for start, and have green preview, but get photo.
  • Fingerpint does not work
  • Torch (but flash work)
  • Other stuff

Thanks to :
  • infrag
  • codeworks
  • darkobas
  • mosimchah
  • Omnirom Team
  • LineageOS Team
  • Sorry if i forget to mention anyone, just drop me pm

ChangeLog:
10/26/2017:
- First public build.

Sources :
Created 2017-10-26
Last Updated 2017-10-26

Last edited:

nosidefcp

May 26, 2010
@andr68rus thanks again for your work. in LOS15 FP is working so i assume its not a big deal making it work in future for omni right? will test with another camera apps to see the result. thanks

Reactions: kingluna

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, just a heads up for anyone in this thread who uses MultiROM currently I've been experiencing issues with bootloops with Oreo as a secondary ROM and it seems to be affecting even my Nougat ROMs with sdcardfs disabled as well.

Be sure anything important is backed up before you try just in case you get the same grief.

More info about my unlucky experience is in a recent post in the MultiROM thread.

This ROM also didn't have an on screen keyboard when I tested it without OpenGapps so you'll definitely want any version of OpenGapps.

Reactions: mjoach

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Clean install, tried 3 times, keyboard not showing up so i can not pass intial setup.

Open Gapps pico.
Heyyo, oh weird! I thought that was because I was missing OpenGapps all together heh. Yeah I guess the ROM should come with an AOSP on screen keyboard

OpenGapps Sock does come with Gboard so that would be a workaround for meow until Omni 8 has AOSP keyboard

yarecco

Dec 26, 2013
Warsaw
A real race of developpers... we got three different roms of Oreo with almost the same bugs.. what about to work together to build one ?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
A real race of developpers... we got three different roms of Oreo with almost the same bugs.. what about to work together to build one ?
Heyyo, err if you check the source codes on GitHub they are essentially doing that but they're also working on different ROM bases. :p

Same could be said about all custom ROM development that happened on Marshmallow back in the day and same with Nougat.

Heck, BS kernel being a prime example of working with a developer who works on the LeEco Le Pro 3 and we have developers here who port it and keep updated ports for the Le Max 2.

Reactions: N-Gage4ever

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Same issue.. What a wasting time. And the screen was stuck at horizontal view..
Heyyo, it's growing pains bro. The earliest release of Omni 8 so issues were bound to arise. :p

The way to get past this bug is to install OpenGapps Stock or higher as they would come with GBoard.

It seems to be a ROM bug that it doesn't come with any AOSP keyboard. So my guess is andr68rus would either have to manually add in an AOSP keyboard or wait for Omni 8 to add it in.

Reactions: N-Gage4ever

N-Gage4ever

Heyyo, it's growing pains bro. The earliest release of Omni 8 so issues were bound to arise. :p

The way to get past this bug is to install OpenGapps Stock or higher as they would come with GBoard.

It seems to be a ROM bug that it doesn't come with any AOSP keyboard. So my guess is andr68rus would either have to manually add in an AOSP keyboard or wait for Omni 8 to add it in.

Yeah but a ROM without stock keyboard seems ridiculous for me. No offence of course. Thx for the dev for his hard work and thank you for the reply.. Can you tell me plz if the orea rom does have better battery performance or not.. What was your SoT? Can you send an ss?

andr68rus

Nov 25, 2016
Tambov
ximiraga.ru
You are answer yourself on your question: we are work together to make our device work with oreo, so we have same bugs. :) We are just support different ROMs.

About fingerprint, it work in my last local build, that was rom-specific bug.
Also, i want to remind everyone that this rom is EXPEREMENTAL and only for TESTING now, it cant be daily driver and have a lot of bugs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidsis.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FOm.jpg

What is OmniROM?

OmniROM Source

OmniROM Gerrit Review

OmniROM G+

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

Intro :
    Hello, Comrades! I want to present to you testing verison of Omni Oreo. This ROM is result of collaboration work and use works of many developers: @andr68rus, @codeworks, @infrag, @mosimchah, etc. OFC, ROM now in testing status. For now ROM has working porting from caf by @codeworkx new kernel for Oreo, has updated vendor, fully hidilized and oreo-fied. Welcome to test it.

Downloads :

Whats work:
    • RIL
    • BT/Wifi
    • Sound
    • LED
    • Camera (but for now with green preview and no video, bugged and long start)
    • Other main features

Dont work/bugs:
    • Camera is buggy, it need ~10 sec for start, and have green preview, but get photo.
    • Fingerpint does not work
    • Torch (but flash work)
    • Other stuff

Thanks to :
    • infrag
    • codeworks
    • darkobas
    • mosimchah
    • Omnirom Team
    • LineageOS Team
    • Sorry if i forget to mention anyone, just drop me pm

ChangeLog:
    10/26/2017:
    - First public build.

Sources :
    Created 2017-10-26
    Last Updated 2017-10-26
    Hello All!
    I am buy new phone (MiMix 2), so I am forced to stop leeco development.
    About OMNI OREO:
    Now my friend and advanced developer Sergey Vasiliev ( telegram @svasiliev22 ) @sdv22 working on Omni Oreo PowerSave. He will continue this thread or making new one soon.
    You can find his builds here: https://t.me/lemaxnews

PS. Thanks to all developers for cooperate work, thank all users for using and testing my builds. Good luck, friends!
    New build: omni-8.0.0-20171030-x2
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2l1xmYBAzsZURKUnF0RHp2dHc
    Changelog:
    - Camera green preview fixed
    - Fingerprint fixed
    Bugs:
    - Video recording does not work, dont change to camera to video mode, otherwise u will need wipe camera cache from app settings and reboot.
    - Camera still buggy: front camera may cause crash
    - Torch does not work
    New build: omni-8.0.0-20171117-x2
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qtMKsdap55pwPSFad-ZadIb34tr0KX0w
    Description:
    This is continue of oreo build with Nougat kernel, hwc1, stock audio hal. For now all next builds will be with this features, until oreo kernel will be ready to use.
    ChangeLog:
    No serios changes with omni-8.0.0-20171113-x2-N-Kernel-HWC1.
    * Added LetvRemote
    * Sound fix added to build
    Work:
    All: otg, cdla, 3.5mm jack, IR remote, working on multirom/dbp etc.
    Bugs:
    Camera may crash when fast switch rear/front. Thats main bug, now working on it...
    Heyyo, well said! Indeed andr68rus is definitely still working in this.
    Remember, this isn't his job but a hobby and as we all know our time we can dedicate to a hobby varies at times so if there isn't updates right away I wouldn't fret.
    In time Oreo builds will be really awesome but still, I'm impressed with what him, infrag and shivateaepeddi have accomplished so far! Remember that many devices don't even have custom ROMs or a development community so any XDA community for our device we should be thankful for.
    Heck, I can think of a few LeEco devices without a custom ROM community... LeEco Le 2 Pro, LeMax (1), Cool1

About ROM: i am working on ROM, but i dont upload intermediate builds. I will upload new build when will be something important. ROM now is experemental, have bugs. Also we are not leeco developers and we have not drivers sources etc, so development is reverse engineering partially: this take a lot of time and not always possible. Oreo ROMs for now is buggy by themselves, so we had what we had :) BUT now we have solve many problems and have relatively stable core for oreo for max2. Main problem, OFC, is camera... When we make it stable at leaset as on Nougat we can talk about usable builds. Other problem is locale, and can be solved simple.