• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[8.1.0][TREBLE] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r47][2018/10/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kieni

Sep 11, 2018
I tried both ways. Restoring the apps via the Google account function including the call logs etc.

As this did not turn out very well I started from scratch by installing MIUI, then twrp, wiping etc. After the setup and the magisk hide props config/setting the fingerprint I installed apps from the playstore to be sure it's the right versions.

No success so far. Any ideas what could cause this problem? I don't suspect a defective vendor/kernel because otherwise the system wouldn't even boot, am I right?

Every hint is welcome!

Edit: just tried to install the YouTube and Google maps app and as soon as they are installed I get a notification that the app has stopped working. I didn't even open the app.

Edit no2: just installed everything again (without MIUI this time) and now everything works. Setup ran as usual, magisk fingerprint set at the beginning and I'm now installing all apps - without the account restoration feature.

Will report how it goes when everything is finished!

Edit no3: everything working fine..strange, never had this before.

Only thing that's strange is that the Google photos app is still English and doesn't change language to German like the rest of the system.

I ran into a similar problem (apps constantly crashing) after updating my phone (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s, running treble_gsi) to a new build. In my previous post (same thread) I described, that erasing the system partition first (before flashing the new gsi) solved the problem for me.

Reactions: kleinholzinferno

kleinholzinferno

Feb 4, 2009
I ran into a similar problem (apps constantly crashing) after updating my phone (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s, running treble_gsi) to a new build. In my previous post (same thread) I described, that erasing the system partition first (before flashing the new gsi) solved the problem for me.
Cool will try that soon as I have another Polaris currently running with the 9.0 benzo ROM.

As the Bluetooth hands free isn't working I'm really tempted to go back to this ROM because with this it works.

Hope to see official pie roms soon for the mi mix 2s!

ebautista

Mar 31, 2008
Malabon
Does the auto brightness and brightness adjustment issue fixed? I have mi6x and brightness slider and auto brightness is not working in some pie roms based from phh.

q13017

Apr 24, 2016
Yes it does. At least for me. Device is MiMix2S

Install magisk hide props and set the certified fingerprint for your device via terminal app. Boom certified! :)

For unknown reason this method doesn't work for my mix2 nor other similar module from magisk. However, by little bit research I find a treble specific version of magisk (a moded version). After installed that one, then the modules start to work.

Reactions: kleinholzinferno

Mohd Noman

Dec 29, 2014
Help me with this
o1SzUQA

ruperxl89

Jul 25, 2014
I do not start the rom, I'm looking for information in the start assistant and there he stands, before that I get a message of googe play not illegal or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts