[8.1.0][TREBLE] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r47][2018/10/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Stefan22

Feb 24, 2014
Will this work on the Motorola Moto G6 (which comes with Android 8.0, so Treble-enabled I assume)?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2

Yea I'm aware of that pal, but I've already unlocked and so long as treble works then that's fine by me.

The phones a beast and I'm the quest critic there is, there's a lot to like and I think that Huawei may overturn the decision, just like HTC did

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Ok so just a heads up.

I'm on the C782 LT09 variant of the p20 pro and I've just tried to install this treble Rom.

Seeing as I don't have to correct treble twrp it looks to have failed which I half expected but thought I'd try anyway, it does complete and then just bootloops.

The twrp I used was pretoriano one which is an unofficial twrp, restored a nand back up and I'm back in business.

Such a shame, I'll keep digging

Could it be the firmware I'm using?? Which is 110

beejkitsune

May 2, 2015
Durham, England
Google Pixel 5
Please do tell me if I'm being dim but I'm seeing a lot of references to a "treble twrp" and I don't have a clue.

I've attempted to flash GSI already and booted successfully (but had issues so went back to stock).

Would someone care to educate me?

danielfrancisarthurs

Aug 30, 2015
Yeah same for me I have already unlocked my bootloader so I'm not bothered about all the Huawei stuff about not being able to unlock my bootloader as I already have my unlock code sent to me and saved so I can go back and forth from unlocking and locking my bootloader! Hopefully in the future these treble builds will work with the Huawei P20 pro.. I haven't tried this ROM yet but assumed that it would be the same as the aosp ROM for boot looping but thanks for the heads up!

obtuce

May 1, 2012
google "Twrp Raupe and Blunden" and prey they have a version for your phone.. it's a "treble Twrp".. something to do with vendor re-writing or something.. :)

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Yeah same for me I have already unlocked my bootloader so I'm not bothered about all the Huawei stuff about not being able to unlock my bootloader as I already have my unlock code sent to me and saved so I can go back and forth from unlocking and locking my bootloader! Hopefully in the future these treble builds will work with the Huawei P20 pro.. I haven't tried this ROM yet but assumed that it would be the same as the aosp ROM for boot looping but thanks for the heads up!

Is there even a twrp for treble out for the p20 pro? I've scoured the internet and found nothing, there's one for the p20 lite which AFAIK is similar so have asked them there would it work.

Maybe I'll give it a shot unless I get a definitive no.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Without a treble compatible recovery

Would using fastboot work instead?

fastboot flash system system-image-name.img

?

I'll try tomorrow, fingers crossed.

ebautista

Mar 31, 2008
Malabon
Great work dev. Smooth and no snow stopper as per my useage. The only bug i found is the screen brightness. Too high even set to 0 from the slider bar and from the display setting. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I am using redmi note 5 pro.
Version 8.5.10 firmware

Sukhi

Aug 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Yea I'm aware of that pal, but I've already unlocked and so long as treble works then that's fine by me.

The phones a beast and I'm the quest critic there is, there's a lot to like and I think that Huawei may overturn the decision, just like HTC did

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Ok so just a heads up.

I'm on the C782 LT09 variant of the p20 pro and I've just tried to install this treble Rom.

Seeing as I don't have to correct treble twrp it looks to have failed which I half expected but thought I'd try anyway, it does complete and then just bootloops.

The twrp I used was pretoriano one which is an unofficial twrp, restored a nand back up and I'm back in business.

Such a shame, I'll keep digging

Could it be the firmware I'm using?? Which is 110
I have read your last few posts and I see that you are too much worried about the Treble Twrp. If it isn't available, just flash the GSI (System) image through fastboot and get going. Secondandly, download the stock firmware of your device from funkyhuawei incase you wanna restore it back.

Sent from my Phh-Treble (ARM64) using Tapatalk

Blueshell2000

Mar 13, 2017
Don't quite know how to get hold of the main developers for Treble devices but the Huawei P10 lite has Treble suport. I installed official EMUI 8 update and used Treble Check. It has a A-System partition and can now be added to the GitHub table. Just thought i'd let you guys know.

vishalpal555@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2015
Can anyone tell me what's the issue... I flashed it over aosp extended

Attachments

• Screenshot_Pixel_Setup_20180529-224807.png
    Screenshot_Pixel_Setup_20180529-224807.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 511

Pavan420

Jul 4, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
This isn't a flashable TWRP file, you need to extract and install the image file (*.img) on system partition, and you must be on treble-supported TWRP ...
What does it means ???
Ive flashed it on my zukz2 directly on treble twrp but it's very lagging??

Shotg1

Apr 25, 2016
Manila
I cant moved on in setup after flashing system.img the screen trun black and i need to reboot first to enter setup again, any idea how to finally boot up this trebleade pe? Is that a kernel prob or something?

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
@dev

I keep seeing is my phone compatible?. Add a compatibility list to the op. So people can refer to it quickly.

I saw a really good one from one of the other threads somewhere

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I have read your last few posts and I see that you are too much worried about the Treble Twrp. If it isn't available, just flash the GSI (System) image through fastboot and get going. Secondandly, download the stock firmware of your device from funkyhuawei incase you wanna restore it back.

I don't want to end up with nothing.

I've done a nand back up which is my recovery.. I posted about the fastboot flash last night too, will try when I get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts