8.1 Dev Preview

Search This thread

gbru2505

Jun 7, 2012
Just installed, it is fast as hell and insanely smooth, but almost every apps is crashing. Anyone experienced this?

The Google app crashed continuously for me in the background. I use Nova Launcher and had to uninstall the Google Now integration apk add-on which wasn't compatible. I then uninstalled the Google app updates and updated it from the Play Store and the problem disappeared. If you're using any mods designed for 8.0, I'd start there.

Zell_89

Aug 7, 2012
The Google app crashed continuously for me in the background. I use Nova Launcher and had to uninstall the Google Now integration apk add-on which wasn't compatible. I then uninstalled the Google app updates and updated it from the Play Store and the problem disappeared. If you're using any mods designed for 8.0, I'd start there.

Google app runs incredibly well here, no lags, really fast; I have trouble with Gmail, Fleksy, Palabre, Veon... Gmail loads and crashes after a while, the others crash at start screen, even the Play store if I tap on an app description it crashes. I'm using Magisk and Franco kernel, but I had these crash also on stock.

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
i did it off a clean install from the factory image

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Just ran into my first major issue not sure if its a build issue or a root issue but after connecting my phone via Bluetooth to my car and I disconnect I lose sounds on my phone completely I have to restart my phone for sounds to come back and the problem persist with calling as well I wont receive call after disconnecting....

I updated from beta program. After running the install it booted into 8.1.0. All my files were available as this was an OTA update. Thereafter, I used Magisk 14.3 zip file and flashed it using temporary TWRP install. I downloaded Magisk Manager 5.4 and it is properly rooted.

The battery life is quite normal. The only bug I have faced is that sometimes the ring goes off and I have to update to get my ringtone and notification sound. I have missed several phone calls because of that.

Billys20

Feb 18, 2015
Thessaloniki
I updated from beta program. After running the install it booted into 8.1.0. All my files were available as this was an OTA update. Thereafter, I used Magisk 14.3 zip file and flashed it using temporary TWRP install. I downloaded Magisk Manager 5.4 and it is properly rooted.

The battery life is quite normal. The only bug I have faced is that sometimes the ring goes off and I have to update to get my ringtone and notification sound. I have missed several phone calls because of that.

Did OTA update came to you right after you sign-up on Android Beta?I had signed-up waited for 24 hours and nothing.Then I signed-out and in again and I am still waiting...Is it possible to be delayed because of the weekend?I will see if something will come today.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Did OTA update came to you right after you sign-up on Android Beta?I had signed-up waited for 24 hours and nothing.Then I signed-out and in again and I am still waiting...Is it possible to be delayed because of the weekend?I will see if something will come today.
They may have pulled OTAs if 8.1 developer preview 2 is releasing soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billys20
G

GuestK00409

If you're on November security patch then you won't receive DP 1 as it is on October patch. It is considered as degrade and they don't have OTA's for that. That's why you will receive beta update only when DP 2 arrives.

zurik

Aug 31, 2014
ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I think yes, as I saw in Google issue tracker
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/68463398

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Also on 8.0 the Safetynet is broken with the latest Magisk beta release

I don't passe safetynet with magisk (beta) and new dp (dp2)
Any ideas ?
Which November security patch is 8.1 dp2? Curious if Google finally accounted for the KRACK exploit on Nexus devices.

Ideally, we'll see that in Mondays 8.0 stable security patch too.

zurik

Aug 31, 2014
ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ
Which November security patch is 8.1 dp2? Curious if Google finally accounted for the KRACK exploit on Nexus devices.

Ideally, we'll see that in Mondays 8.0 stable security patch too.

The Developer Preview 2 is on November's Security Patch.

Yo, is there any way to root the new 8.1 DP2 ??

Yes, with Magisk Beta 14.5

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone