8.1 Dev Preview

Search This thread

the_bastian

Nov 12, 2011
I'm on DP 1 and I wanted to update to DP 2, but every time an error occurs while updating. I'm rooted with stock recovery.

wikpo

Nov 21, 2013
Updated to DP2, OTA some time ago. Works smooth and fast for me. Haven't experienced the loss of sound yet. So far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sabersylar

Nov 17, 2010
Shiraz
my device stuck in downloading the update from dp1 to dp2
its says Couldn't Download, and I tried with and without VPN but it won't helped and also I have 3.5Gb free space on my device.
... anyone knows why?

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-28_12-22-03.jpg
    photo_2017-11-28_12-22-03.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 471

gobak

Jul 13, 2010
Well while I loved DP1 I haven't been quite happy with DP2. Phone heats up like hell, UI has glitches (sometimes a background app is displayed instead of wallpaper for example) and I have really terrible data connection with no signal/poor signal/full signal displayed but actually no connection on 4G. Well it's a preview but I am going to roll back to DP1.

davidhasnexus

Jun 4, 2016
Zlin
So, after those 2 days using DP2 I only noticed a camera bug... sometimes I open snapchat(or camera) and it just says "Unable to start the camera" or something like that.
It works again after restarting....

Xeust

Feb 9, 2014
Malaysia
I flashed dp 2 without wiping and it's working fine jolla v27 with glasscannon profile. I'm getting 3hrs 30mins SOT with 27% left with optimum usage. I didn't notice any difference in smoothness. Animal Crossing runs great and no problem with the camera either or any radio related problems

I can't seem to get the picture attachment to work, sorry.

Last edited:

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Did OTA update came to you right after you sign-up on Android Beta?I had signed-up waited for 24 hours and nothing.Then I signed-out and in again and I am still waiting...Is it possible to be delayed because of the weekend?I will see if something will come today.

Do you have stock ROM installed? I got the update within 24 hours of signing up. You can manually update using the 8.1.0 image from the Google Developer site but normally this will delete all your files and data.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I think yes, as I saw in Google issue tracker
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/68463398

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Also on 8.0 the Safetynet is broken with the latest Magisk beta release

I am on 8.1.0 dp2 & using Magisk 14.0 and Magisk 5.4 apk. My rooting is working fine with Safetynet working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagoflax

evil89

Jan 7, 2011
London
When the official 8.1 rolls out, do beta users get an update to it or we need to unenroll (with subsequent factory reset) and then update?

Top Liked Posts