• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

8.1 update rolling out!

Search This thread

TrueMS

Nov 17, 2013
So about 1,1 GB update is available for us. What is your opinion on the update? Did it fix all of your issues or brought you way more issues?

Klasputnikov

Mar 12, 2012
Foggia
The hissing sound is finally gone, I can't see any bug right there (someone faced the uncertified bug, but for me isn't here, maybe try to reboot), I'll see if the battery now isn't draining too much like in May update

Apr 19, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A1
So about 1,1 GB update is available for us. What is your opinion on the update? Did it fix all of your issues or brought you way more issues?

deleted messages

The hissing sound is finally gone, I can't see any bug right there (someone faced the uncertified bug, but for me isn't here, maybe try to reboot), I'll see if the battery now isn't draining too much like in May update

in my case i can still hear the hissing with low impedance earbuds (panasonic RP-TCM125)

Under phone info there is a (prerelease) kernel, dunno why

yes i can see that too, Im using global version

There's now Gestures under system settings!

it's the same gesture page as previous versions but now moved there

ГАСООП

Sep 12, 2015
Phone works slower, seems to be laggy now, it used to be very snappy on 8.0.

I had no bugs on 8.0... update deleted my messages.

It's quite disappointing that android one gets bugged 8.1 literally 7 months after it goes public

Apr 19, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A1
Phone works slower, seems to be laggy now, it used to be very snappy on 8.0.

I had no bugs on 8.0... update deleted my messages.

It's quite disappointing that android one gets bugged 8.1 literally 7 months after it goes public

Same here! Had a very snappy 8.0 phone. Now its all sluggish and laggy. Did u do a factory reset? Maybe it helps...

my phone got snappier after update, but fingerprint scanner got a bit slower.

mervinb

May 8, 2015
My phone certainly felt slower after the 8.1 update.

I did not encounter the SMS message bug but some hours after the update I lost WiFi connection altogether (could not enable WiFi, mac address 2:0:0:0... I had no choice but to reflash from stock image. After the reflash I'm still at 8.0, as the reflash phone is not seeing the 8.1 update yet.

FYI I use Magisk and Franco kernel app. When the 8.1 update is available for my phone again I'm going to take more time with backup and checking that there are no compatibility issues.

JohnGFX

May 24, 2018
Hey guys, I'm still on that first may update. didn't even update the 2nd one of may that was 58mbs. Everyone keeps saying that it lowers the volume of the speaker. Is that true?? and does the June update fixes that or just keeps it lowered?

N1ck474

Aug 19, 2015
Faenza
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
My phone certainly felt slower after the 8.1 update.

I did not encounter the SMS message bug but some hours after the update I lost WiFi connection altogether (could not enable WiFi, mac address 2:0:0:0... I had no choice but to reflash from stock image. After the reflash I'm still at 8.0, as the reflash phone is not seeing the 8.1 update yet.

FYI I use Magisk and Franco kernel app. When the 8.1 update is available for my phone again I'm going to take more time with backup and checking that there are no compatibility issues.
Wifi MAC address problem ìs not from stock 8.1 but from incompatible kernel (like FK for now).

pshnd

Jun 20, 2016
Novi Sad
facebook.com
A pretty decent update in my case. Didn't encounter any bugs or issues so far, only that phone was really slow after first boot but after maybe 10 minutes or so it started working as fast as 8.0.
I like how the colors are now changing according to the dominant color of the wallpaper, but tinting on lockscreen or under notifications in that same color is a little bit weird... but I'll probably get used to it. :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
You had one job, and for how many times Xiaomi is pulling updates after they release is to their devices, in this case, to Mi A1?

Really, we are talking about the Android One device, and only one device that is out there on the market.

And for the love of God, this is 8.1 update, nothing major.

Looking forward what they will do with the 9.0 update and how long we will wait for it.

Luckily, on my dad´s Mi A1, it is still 8.0 and february security patch, I was waiting for this update to install on his phone but this happens. Also I don´t know if it is true about the audio, it is lowered after some updates after may month I think. I don´t know if everyone is affected or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You had one job, and for how many times Xiaomi is pulling updates after they release is to their devices, in this case, to Mi A1?

Really, we are talking about the Android One device, and only one device that is out there on the market.

And for the love of God, this is 8.1 update, nothing major.

Looking forward what they will do with the 9.0 update and how long we will wait for it.

Luckily, on my dad´s Mi A1, it is still 8.0 and february security patch, I was waiting for this update to install on his phone but this happens. Also I don´t know if it is true about the audio, it is lowered after some updates after may month I think. I don´t know if everyone is affected or not.
    Under phone info there is a (prerelease) kernel, dunno why
    Xiaomi pulled the 8.1 update and its no longer available so we should wait until they release a bug-free version of it.