Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Notice:
For this ROM to work you need to use the latest ODM Images. If you need additional guidance on how to do that, please refer to Sonys Guide on how to flash an ODM Image.

Get CarbonROM
Changelog
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Performance

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
Last Updated 2018-07-19

ezza_xperia

Feb 4, 2018
How to instal

IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Notice:
For this ROM to work you need to use the latest ODM Images. If you need additional guidance on how to do that, please refer to Sonys Guide on how to flash an ODM Image.

Get CarbonROM
Changelog
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
Last Updated 2018-03-31

HOW TO INSTAL THIS ROM Sir ? please make the tutorial for installer

Reactions: alsy1998

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Don't install this, Doesn't work and now I must flash stock ROM again with flashtool and then custom recovery again and root from there, Developer please fix!!

I've done careful testing and spent quite a while on dora to get things working. Your error report is certainly not helpful. If you update it and be more explicit about *what* is not working, I will gladly try to provide help.

Also make sure that you flashed the ODM image.

Reactions: Han_Alexandrea

alsy1998

Jan 29, 2017
Very nice rom , I use for my dd its smooth and good performance rom :good: . I hope you keep support this rom :)

jakebriggs

Oct 29, 2010
How do i make it work? I cant flash this rom.
Says its invalid and error flashing zip

Have you updated TWRP? I had a couple of versions old, and I was getting an error similar to this

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I am a little confused. So, I need to build and flash an ODM image - an android open source project image - before I flash carbonrom? If so, why do I need carbonrom when I've already got android installed?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Have you updated TWRP? I had a couple of versions old, and I was getting an error similar to this

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I am a little confused. So, I need to build and flash an ODM image - an android open source project image - before I flash carbonrom? If so, why do I need carbonrom when I've already got android installed?

You only need the "Flash the Vendor Image" part (Step 7). There's no need to build anything.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/...ild-aosp-nougat-8-1-oreo-4-4/#tutorial-step-7

Edit, I noticed the link in the OP pointed to step 4 instead of step 7. I fixed that now, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

jakebriggs

Oct 29, 2010
You only need the "Flash the Vendor Image" part (Step 7). There's no need to build anything.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/...ild-aosp-nougat-8-1-oreo-4-4/#tutorial-step-7

Edit, I noticed the link in the OP pointed to step 4 instead of step 7. I fixed that now, sorry for the confusion.

So, I tried but it failed. My OEM partition is 10MB with the oem binaries are 230MB - is this correct?

Code:
[email protected]:~/Downloads$ fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v11_tone.img 
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'oem' (226174 KB)...
OKAY [  5.889s]
writing 'oem'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 5.903s
[email protected]:~/Downloads$

Wdenton

Sep 15, 2012
I think you need to update your bootloader. Use Sonys Emma to install the very latest Stock update. Watch out though Emma will format your internal storage.

Hello, thank you for the tips and ROM! Finally was able to flash it successfully.

Had a question though, can the debloat script from

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...lopment/mm-n-oem-debloat-script-v1-0-t3527866

be used with this ROM? In case the link gets deleted, the title of the script is [MM / N / O] [UB] [COMBINED] System/OEM Debloat Script - v1.8

Thank you again for the ROM!

Last edited:

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
@Myself5 i've been away from sony for a while, got this error message "your vendor image does not match the system. Please flash the OPM2.171019.029.B1 vendor image for your device", can't find anything about it related to Sony, downloaded and flashed latest vendor image from Sony:confused:

Yeah sorry. It's just a display issue that got introduced by some commits we merged recently. We're working on a fix.

Reactions: funiewski

tpzvxn

Mar 4, 2011
preferred network type & volte

Is there any way to add lte (preferred) / wcdma / gsm to network types? Can not connect to volte and carrier.

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Hello. I found a bunch of used Xperia X Performance selling for 130usd in the market. Since i have no experience at all with *modern sony phones, i'm wondering if it's a good deal. Asking here specifically for the camera, does this rom/phone supports camera2 api? and is anyone using Google Camera? Sorry if it's the wrong place to ask, it's just i think this is the only recently updated thread here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

Disclaimer:

Support:

Notice:

Get CarbonROM
    Changelog
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2018-07-19
    dora is going on a halt, possibly forever.

Some of you might've seen it already. There is no new weekly for kagura this week. The reason is because I decided to drop support for it. Due to constantly reoccurring issues with devicetrees from Sony (the sonyxperiadev github) and the stubbornness of other developers involved as well as their unwillingness to accept/see obvious issues paired with the lack of time I am suffering from which makes it impossible for me to fix things at the moment I decided to make a cut and stop it here.
    I couldn't longer justify the terrible performance and issues the official builds had, especially given that there is no light visible at the end of the tunnel.

I am sorry for the few people that liked the ROM and were willing to live with the ROM.

Also I've been told that "All the performance issues will be fixed on the 4.9 Kernel". Honestly that's been an ongoing theme and I don't think it will be anywhere near stock performance. If however hell freezes over and 4.9 will magically fix all issues, I'll make the devices rejoin the official roaster. Realistically that won't happen before P though.

I might attempt a stock bringup based on the perfectly working yoshino one at some point, however I have no clue if that would work, nor how long that might take.

If you're looking for an alternative for now, I'd recommend OmniROM. Great devs and I enjoy working with them on various things.

I will keep you updated on the potential stock bringup, just don't expect anything to happen anytime soon and PLEASE don't be mad if nothing happens at all, it's really just an experiment for now.
    How to instal

IfblItr.png

Disclaimer:

Support:

Notice:

Get CarbonROM
    Changelog
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2018-03-31

You should not be flashing ROMs if you don't know how, use DuckDuckGo/Google to find tutorials yourself, and don't quote OP when reply.
    would u update this into ROM in next version?

Thanks!

No.

Read the post literally above yours.