[8.1.x][OFFICIAL][RELEASE] CarbonROM | cr-6.1 [maple]

Search This thread

thor6985

Jan 23, 2019
Kiel
Android Password

Hallo,
after the last update, at the password request, my old android password does not work. Before, to ensure safety net check, I changed with MagiskHide Props Config the fingerprint of my device. Is there a method without factory reset to delete or bypass the anroid password?
Many thanks for answers.

Hi,

Im planning on flashing carbon over stock pie. Im new to Sony environment so just want to clarify a few things before getting into flashing stuff.

1. If all flashing done right, Does latest Google Camera work with HDR+ & Night sight?

2. If I backup and restore all the drm keys, do they work with the rom, mainly the camera, widevine l1 and anything related to high res music?

3. Can the damned Qualcomm assertive display be somehow turned off?

4. Any other features I might lose from stock rom?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes their time to answer my questions.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    Hi,

Im planning on flashing carbon over stock pie. Im new to Sony environment so just want to clarify a few things before getting into flashing stuff.

1. If all flashing done right, Does latest Google Camera work with HDR+ & Night sight?

2. If I backup and restore all the drm keys, do they work with the rom, mainly the camera, widevine l1 and anything related to high res music?

3. Can the damned Qualcomm assertive display be somehow turned off?

4. Any other features I might lose from stock rom?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes their time to answer my questions.

You can't flash it over Pie, you'd need to start with Oreo.

1. As far I I know, no, as the stock blobs not not support the Camera2 API.

2. The DRM Hack for Camera is included, widevine won't work because the BL is unlocked. The HiRes Audio stuff is Sony proprietary and not included.

3. Don't think that exists on AOSP, so it's not enabled :p

4. Wouldn't know of anything else right away.

You can't flash it over Pie, you'd need to start with Oreo.

1. As far I I know, no, as the stock blobs not not support the Camera2 API.

2. The DRM Hack for Camera is included, widevine won't work because the BL is unlocked. The HiRes Audio stuff is Sony proprietary and not included.

3. Don't think that exists on AOSP, so it's not enabled :p

4. Wouldn't know of anything else right away.

Thanks for the answers... :cowboy:

MJ999

Jan 7, 2012
    cant wipe on twrp, no screen lock also tried setting pin lock same thing

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Can't wipe in twrp as it shows mounting error

No pattern/pin also tried with pin same issue

any ideas?

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
    Google Pixel C
    Razer Phone 2
    cant wipe on twrp, no screen lock also tried setting pin lock same thing

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Can't wipe in twrp as it shows mounting error

No pattern/pin also tried with pin same issue

any ideas?

Your data partition is encrypted.

It should at first show a mounting error. If you don't set a screen lock it should have been decrypted using default ones.

Which TWRP version are you using? I think you might need the 3.2.3 one as that was the one I used when I was still on stock Oreo as well as CarbonROM Oreo.

If you still can't access data partition and you don't have anything critical, you probably need to format data (not wipe) then flash ROM and avoid encrypting your phone in the future, unless you never flash OTA updates, as sometimes it can break across updates (asking you for a text password that you cannot answer), and that when you restore your phone from TWRP backup, your screen lock credentials become invalid that you need to delete locksettings.db so you can enter and reconfigure screen lock (you still need to use your previous screen lock to decrypt your data partition, though).

HoiFung

Jan 29, 2015
    Guang Zhou
    weibo.com
    I have a strange problem.Now based on stock oreo flash lineage or carbon, the first boot WIFI is normal, does not work after reboot. But when I flash the lineage or carbon in stock pie, WIFI everything works fine. I even flash the old version of carbon in stock oreo, WiFi is still not Work for me. But last year I flashed carbon and everything worked fine. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516-124433_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20190516-124433_Settings.png
      106.8 KB · Views: 419
    • Screenshot_20190516-124421_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20190516-124421_Settings.png
      91.5 KB · Views: 423

CRNO

• Jul 15, 2014
    hello all
    i download camera sony from apkmirror
    but i don't know how install it on my phone
    any one can help how i do it right ?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
  • Mar 17, 2011
    myself5.de
    After collecting dust on my desk for way too long, I eventually could be assed to finish it up.

Credits to @modpunk and @derf elot for all the hard work of doing the actual bringup. Gonna release some testbuilds soon, specifically looking for someone with the DualSIM variant to test these unified builds.

EDIT: Some things happen sooner than expected: https://dl.myself5.de/maple/CarbonROM/

Attachments

• IMG_20190821_030840.jpg
      IMG_20190821_030840.jpg
      512.7 KB · Views: 248
    Last edited:

cr7gg

Aug 22, 2019
    update: Working now, had to remove sim and sdcard before it would work properly.
    update2: now working nicely with new sdhc, rom probably doesn't support exfat (sdxc cards) which was causing my problems

seems ok for daily driver.

thanks for working on the rom, tried every other rom on xda and CR6 was the best.

Last edited:

Knowbody42

Jul 1, 2015
    Melbourne
    When I boot up Carbon ROM, it complains that I don't have the right vendor image, and tells me to flash PQ3A.190801.002

So I searched for that, and I found this:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286596

I downloaded maple-img-9-PQ3A.190801.002-20190924.zip, backed up my stuff, and went to flash it, but it is not a TWRP flashable zip
    It just has a bunch of img files, including:
    boot.img
    cache.img
    recovery.img
    recovery-two-step.img
    system.img
    userdata.img

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
      While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
      We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
      2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
      3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
      4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Notice:
      You must NOT use the SonyOpenDevices ODM image. If you come from a ROM that uses it, please flash the stock OEM image first.

Get CarbonROM
      Changelog
      Join the CarbonROM Discord server
      GitHub
      Gerrit
      Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
      CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Contributors
      Myself5, CarbonROM
      Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
      Last Updated 2018-09-07
      Iam a bit perplexed as to why this phone has little roms for it.

Because it is a decent ***** to work on. Sony kinda scared away many developers with all this DRM sorcery, and the few others that are left are mostly working on the Sony Open Devices Project.

BTW: Small status update: Still fighting the camera on Pie, everything else appears to work (device wise).
      To everyone complaining about the green camera issue: You must have been on the latest OREO stock ROM. Coming from Pie will cause that exact issue you mentioned.

Also the CR7 release for maple and poplar will be delayed to an indefinite time. The phone doesn't boot with Pie blobs, there is no pstore (cause Sony sucks), there is no logcat (cause it hangs a lot earlier before adb starts) and, and this is my personal favourite, even UART does not provide ANY kind of logging. So far I spent over a week of debugging on this, with no result. At all.
      I wanna buy XZ Premium but I see it's not so developer friendly, why did you chose to focus especially on CarbonROM rather than famous roms like RR, AOSPA or LOS? And is this rom better than stock xperia rom? :)

How am I supposed to answer that kind of question?

Whatever I tell you about how Carbon is supreme over the ROMs you mentioned the opinion would be biased anyways, lol.

I've been with Carbon for a long time and meanwhile am the Lead Dev. Obviously I would always vouch for CarbonROM. Also it's CarbonROM, not Carbon OS ;)

Anyways though: If you want custom ROMs or any kind of custom development, stay the hell away from Sony. I can personally recommend the OnePlus 6 (my current daily driver) which should be around the same price as the XZP while being better than the XZP in almost every aspect.
      The day has come, where poplar and maple finally make it back to the party.

It's been longer than I expected, but both devices now perform better than ever before, so it's been well worth the wait.

Due to the big changes, I would highly recommend a clean install. To emphasise this, there will be no Delta update available between the old and the new builds.

Please note that if you’re coming from Carbon or any other Sony Open Device Project based custom ROM, make a clean install of stock using Flashtool or Emma followed by installing TWRP and Carbon. There is no need for the ODM Image anymore (in fact, that might actually break things). In addition to that, we now officially support the DualSIM Variants (G8142 and G8342) with the same build.

Happy Flashing :)

P.S: Along with the comeback, the new builds are on the July ASBs. Read more at https://blog.carbonrom.org/july-asb-and-crowdin/
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone