Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
Changelog
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
Last Updated 2018-07-19

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Reactions: bigbaluka

bigbaluka

Feb 14, 2014
Spokane Washington
rootless Substratum is fully supported. Flip the switch for third party theming in Carbon Fibers -> Privacy/Security and install Substratum from the Playstore.
Thanks man:good: I tried it right after I posted and everything went perfect. I'm theming my life away with Substratum. Getting ready to install the latest update. I usually uninstall all overlays before I update system and then reinstall them after... Could be paranoid but it seems to work better that way.

Last edited:

bigbaluka

Feb 14, 2014
Spokane Washington
Weirdness With Substratum

After applying themes with Substratum I noticed a new menu item called "Device theme", automagically appeared in Settings>Display>Advanced at the bottom right below "Tap to wake". Also Substratum had a major malfunction that the applied overlays didn't show up in Overlay Manager and could not be uninstalled unless I used the rescue zip in TWRP (apparently this is a known issue with Substratum 953). Running Substratum rooted seemed to help, also running Substratum 960 (not released yet). See screenshots for proof of weirdness.
PS This is not a complaint, just sharing experience & observation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180406-021037.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180406-021037.png
    218 KB · Views: 565
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180406-121313.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180406-121313.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 559
  • Screenshot_substratum_20180405-202101.jpg
    Screenshot_substratum_20180405-202101.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

qwei

Aug 16, 2017
Ludwigsburg
how's the battery life of this rom ? please share screenshots if possible..

Battery live, there is nothing to worry about ...... you can see how many posts this thread got , happy people are quiet.
It seem like this Rom killed all the bugs I head from day one I bought the Nexus 6, that was in April 15.
Amazing. :good:
I keep on looking if I find anything wrong. ... so far nothing. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: genti.b

bigbaluka

Feb 14, 2014
Spokane Washington
Probably a stupid question but... Is there a difference between CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-WEEKLY-shamu-20180411-1750.zip (on get.carbonrom.org) & CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-WEEKLY-shamu-20180410-0531.zip (this weeks OTA)???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
    Changelog
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
    Last Updated 2018-07-19
    Probably a stupid question but... Is there a difference between CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-WEEKLY-shamu-20180411-1750.zip (on get.carbonrom.org) & CARBON-CR-6.1-NOCT-WEEKLY-shamu-20180410-0531.zip (this weeks OTA)???

just a small one. Yesterdays build doesn't flash nor boot on arm32 devices. They were caused by a faulty bionic commit (that, to our regret, only got tested on 64bit devices). We fixed that today and rerolled the builds for all arm32 devices.
    Is there any update issues known?
    My phone want to download the update from 12June18, it seems like there is nothing.

There is an issue with an outdated SSL Cert on one of our servers which would cause that issue. we're working on fixing it.
    TWRP has issues with encryption on 8.1 devices, indeed. Plenty of devs are working on that.

Forceencryption should be a generic standard. The device is using Force Encryption in Stock, thus it should on custom ROMs too. There is absolutely no reason to NOT use Force Encryption anyways.

With all due respect, I disagree. I'm not going to discuss the pros and cons of encrypt vs. no encrypt, simply put it should be the choice of the user. Currently, your rom and I believe only one or two others out of the many, many excellent roms available for Shamu use force encryption. Even official Lineage, which has always force encrypted has changed to encryptable.

Encryption doesn't have to be forced. If your fstab is set to encryptable, as opposed to force-encrypt, those that are already encrypted will stay encrypted. Those that may later want to encrypt can do so. Force-encrypted roms are causing issues for many users, especially when they are caught by surprise and can't "fix" it before first boot. If you want your rom to stay forced that is your prerogative but you should clearly post it in your OP.

For myself, I check every rom that I might possibly flash in Android Image Kitchen by @osm0sis and if necessary, edit the fstab to encryptable with Notepad++ and I'm good to go.

I and I'm sure many others appreciate the efforts of Carbon team but I just had to give my 2 cents on this. Thanks.

Mike T
    I don't know if it's easier but you could use TWRP to Format Data and then install a ROM that does not enforce encryption.:good:
    Or just flash this rom then flash fed patcher zip straight afterwards

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app