CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
In order to install GApps, you must flash the ROM then reboot into TWRP before flashing the recommended MindTheGapps GApps package (as this switches slots).
Also, we know the default wallpaper on is black. We know it's caused by the RRO overlays on vendor and unfortunately we can't change the default (yet?), you can change it manually without complications though.
We know it’s complicated, but it sure is worth it!
- Flash the newest factory images on both slots
- Move your ROM + [GApps] + TWRP.zip to your internal storage
- Boot the TWRP.img > Check what Slot you're on (Reboot Menu) ->Wipe Data & Cache -> Flash the ROM as well as the TWRP.zip
- Either Reboot to system or, in case you want GApps, reboot to recovery via TWRP (Reboot -> Recovery)
- Check and confirm that you are on the opposite slot from Step 3. If not, switch to it and reboot the recovery again (Reboot Menu) -> Flash GApps (and whatever else you want to flash -> Reboot to System -> Enjoy CarbonROM
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!
CarbonROM, ROM for the Google Pixel 2 XL
Myself5, frap129, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2018-09-12