[8.1.x][OFFICIAL][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-6.1 [mata]

Search This thread

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
Changelog
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for Essential PH-1 8.1, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
Somcom3X, f100cleveland, frap129
Source Code: http://github.com/carbonrom

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Running stock firmware from 8.0 minimum
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-11
Last Updated 2018-04-13

drherdman

Sep 14, 2010
Chillicothe
drago-designs.com
Got this from R3belle

i would go to stock then follow the directions below

1. Flash TWRP
2. In TWRP flash Carbon
3. Boot Carbon
4. Chek the Slot you are on
5. Flash TWRP too the Other slot
6. In TWRP flash Gapps then boot.img
7. Reboot
8. I did an Factory reset then from the rom
i don't know if you need that? but after that you get the setup.

Reactions: NaterTots

techfreak243

Nov 13, 2012

1. Flash TWRP
2. In TWRP flash Carbon
3. Boot Carbon
7. Reboot

how do i change slots?

TheBurgh

Sep 30, 2010
Pittsburgh
OnePlus 9

1. Flash TWRP
2. In TWRP flash Carbon
3. Boot Carbon
7. Reboot

Do you flash the April boot.img?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
    Changelog
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for Essential PH-1 8.1, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    Somcom3X, f100cleveland, frap129
    Source Code: http://github.com/carbonrom

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Running stock firmware from 8.0 minimum
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-04-13
    Hey to everyone having issues with gapps.
    I am under the impression its a permission issue and will look into it after I finish finals in the next week or so.
    Reserved

Steps to flash carbon:

Flash twrp to your current boot partition via fastboot in the bootloader.
    Boot into recovery
    Flash Carbon
    Reboot back into bootloader, then go into recovery
    Flash gapps
    Reboot
    Would you mind sharing the steps you used to get it flashed? I have tried a few and haven't had any luck.

Yeah, my main issue is getting gapps installed and working properly.

Sure! I'll make it as simple as possible, I'd recommend reading through these before just starting with step 1, as my side notes are somewhat important.

1. Do your wiping and flash stock if you want (probably a good idea)
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash twrp, then reboot into twrp from bootloader
    4. Once in twrp, flash carbon (I didn't boot to rom yet, stayed in recovery)
    5. Immediately after flashing carbon, pull your boot image. (You do this while in recovery. NOTE, you'll want to tap reboot from twrp before running command to see which slot you're on, but don't actually reboot, we just need to know if system is on partition a or b. Look in the root guide here on xda for the command to pull boot img)
    6. After verifying you successfully pulled the boot image (it will be at the root of your storage if you used the command from the root guide), reboot straight to bootloader from twrp.
    7. When in bootloader, flash twrp (no need to change slots manually as this is all done automatically with this process), reboot straight to recovery from bootloader.
    8. When in trwp, flash gapps (I also used open gapps, no particular reason), and then flash the boot image you pulled in step 5. (Don't forget to flash both gapps and your boot image here!!)
    9. Reboot, n' enjoy!

If you want root, you can use the guide available to root carbon from here!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone