• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[8.1.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-6.1 [bacon]

Edmiri

Mar 29, 2013
The only way to get better battery life and stop idle battery drain is to use thunder kernel, activate battery and data saver. Performance is decent even with battery saver activated. No root.

Timmmmaaahh

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
There are so many discussion on other ROMs for slow charging, will this issue be solved on upcoming build pls? (don't know if it exists on CarbonROM)
So because there are many discussions about it, it is okay to speculate? That's a strange logic. The entire problem with such discussion is that there is no such thing as fast charging one the OnePlus One (just to clarify the term correctly). There are, however, tweaks on a kernel level that allow faster charging at the cost of generating extra heat and causing more battery wear.
Another (perhaps the most important) factor is hardware. I personally charge most often with a smart hub and an Anker cable; top quality materials which allow a full safe charge in about 1.5h. Some use cheap generic cables and get mixed results. You get what you pay for I guess.

Anyhow, back on topic! As a search for slow charging in this thread only yields two results and both of them are questions, such speculation isn't called for at all. Wouldn't you agree?

spyserk

Feb 22, 2012
Istanbul
So because there are many discussions about it, it is okay to speculate? That's a strange logic. The entire problem with such discussion is that there is no such thing as fast charging one the OnePlus One (just to clarify the term correctly). There are, however, tweaks on a kernel level that allow faster charging at the cost of generating extra heat and causing more battery wear.
Another (perhaps the most important) factor is hardware. I personally charge most often with a smart hub and an Anker cable; top quality materials which allow a full safe charge in about 1.5h. Some use cheap generic cables and get mixed results. You get what you pay for I guess.

Anyhow, back on topic! As a search for slow charging in this thread only yields two results and both of them are questions, such speculation isn't called for at all. Wouldn't you agree?
Thanks for feedback and sorry for my question as I've just attended OPO team as my phone was broken (nexus 5). I was not know whether OPO supports fast charging. I'm now on CM 13.1.2 which is already outdated so trying to find the best rom at least Oreo release.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh

kulica

Jul 8, 2010
Does anyone have a huge battery drain in the last release? Someting like backgroud mobile operator as the reason.

Last edited:

effry

Mar 14, 2011
Milan
Does anyone have a huge battery drain in the last release? Someting like backgroud mobile operator as the reason.
I'm Glad you posted this, because i'm on official LOS and came to this thread exactly to try another ROM and hoping that it doesn't have this issue.

Specifically, i have an huge amount of bam_dmux wakelock that keeps the phone awake. This is showed as "Standby cellular network" inside the battery settings.

Maybe it's an LOS bug? anyone has more informations? Clean flash / changing baseband does not fix it, don't even bother tryin
@kulica is this happening to you ONLY on latest Carbon build? Can you tell a build that for sure didn't have this problem? In this way i can maybe isolate the change that started the problem

Last edited:

kulica

Jul 8, 2010
@effry
On the previous build it worked fine. Once I've updated to the latest one (with October fixes) the battery drain was enormous. Like 10% per hour. I reverted back to previous release for now. I'm waiting for more info, was this just me or is that a general case. FYI: I did a dirty upgrade from the September to the October release.

TheDiddyhamster

Aug 22, 2012
Kaiserslautern
@effry
On the previous build it worked fine. Once I've updated to the latest one (with October fixes) the battery drain was enormous. Like 10% per hour. I reverted back to previous release for now. I'm waiting for more info, was this just me or is that a general case. FYI: I did a dirty upgrade from the September to the October release.
For me everything works fine on latest build (after dirty flash from September to October build), neither battery drains nor wakelocks.

kulica

Jul 8, 2010
For me everything works fine on latest build (after dirty flash from September to October build), neither battery drains nor wakelocks.
I was wrong. The problem was a google services app update. It has been draining my battery ever since. Once I'd figured that out I've cleared all user data, and now it works as it should. But anyway thanks (danke vielmals!).

papa_Lutz

Oct 20, 2014
I was wrong. The problem was a google services app update. It has been draining my battery ever since. Once I'd figured that out I've cleared all user data, and now it works as it should. But anyway thanks (danke vielmals!).
Can you plz tell me what exactly you did? What user data?^^
Same problem with big overnight drain(30%+)
Ty very much

Edit: ok found it, let's see if it helps

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone